Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure - Virtual Line?

GatorGuy

Original Poster
Hi,
We are visiting IOA in January and want to ride Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure and know that it uses the Virtual Line system, however I am curious if the capacity/queue system is as limited as that of Rise of The Resistance at DHS (where boarding passes are filled within 10 seconds at 7:00 am)?
How easy is it to get to the park an hour or two past opening and securing a Virtual Line, or should I plan to arrive to the park prior to opening?
Thank you in advance!

surfsupdon

On most Mondays thru Thursdays, there is no virtual line, just the standby. The 90mins posted wait was 42 mins in mid December.

when I went on Sunday Nov 1, which was a travel day, I did not get to the park until after 2. I grabbed a Virtual Line time for 530. After riding I got another one for 915.

GatorGuy

Original Poster
On most Mondays thru Thursdays, there is no virtual line, just the standby. The 90mins posted wait was 42 mins in mid December.

when I went on Sunday Nov 1, which was a travel day, I did not get to the park until after 2. I grabbed a Virtual Line time for 530. After riding I got another one for 915.
Thank you, that’s helpful. Planning on going on the Saturday of MLK weekend.
I just wanted to know if it’s as difficult to obtain as rise of the resistance.

opshannon

If you are going that weekend, you are likely to have a difficult time getting a pass. I'm not trying to be negative. We are Florida residents and because of work and school could only go on weekends. We visited 5 times between Sept and December. We were able to ride Hagrid's once. Two days the ride never ran before we left the park for the day. The other three days we were unable to get a virtual line spot. We did ride once by staying on property and getting there for early entrance. Actually rode the ride before the sun came up. An unusual experience to say the least. Good luck to you. It's a fun ride. Wish there was a better way to handle the crowds for it.

GatorGuy

Original Poster
If you are going that weekend, you are likely to have a difficult time getting a pass. I'm not trying to be negative. We are Florida residents and because of work and school could only go on weekends. We visited 5 times between Sept and December. We were able to ride Hagrid's once. Two days the ride never ran before we left the park for the day. The other three days we were unable to get a virtual line spot. We did ride once by staying on property and getting there for early entrance. Actually rode the ride before the sun came up. An unusual experience to say the least. Good luck to you. It's a fun ride. Wish there was a better way to handle the crowds for it.
Thank you for sharing.
We are staying off site but will try to get on property early to secure a spot in the virtual line.

GatorGuy

Original Poster
I have been checking all this week and the attraction has been remained stand by.
We plan on getting to the theme park early anyways, that will probably be the best bet.

Pooh'sBuddy

I have been checking all this week and the attraction has been remained stand by.
We plan on getting to the theme park early anyways, that will probably be the best bet.
So, "stand by" means you just get in line? During our trip, it was only Virtual Queue. We (three of us had the app) kept checking for times randomly.

monykalyn

Also do the "refresh" with virtual line at 2pm and 4 pm and have everyone in your party do that on the Universal app. We've had success doing that and picking up spots late in the day. Depending on crowds it may start as VQ and go to standby or vice versa as well. I hopped in a 75 minute standby line with a beer last weekend (week ago friday) and with my slow sipping barely had finished it before got to loading platform (tried to be stationary to take a sip with mask barely pulled off mouth to be respectful of others-line never stopped moving). Think total time was ~38 minutes - and this was when I remembered to check time after I was off ride and 1/2 back through Lost continent.

That said-it is WELL worth a 90 minute wait!!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Universal is testing a new virtual line option today for Hagrid's.

Here is the tutorial -

Last edited:

DISR

Universal is testing a new virtual line option today for Hagrid's.

Here is the tutorial -

Any updates on how often they are using this? Is it reliable? How is the experience? I will be there in Nov and my last experience with the old virtual line was sketchy at best (April and June)...you never knew whether it was going to be in use until you tried it, and you never really knew when inventory would be released. It resulted in an lot of time staring at the phone for refresh.

DISR

Me too. Universal's integration of technology is very spotty compared to Disney. Everything on the app (online ordering, information, virtual queue, reservations, information, etc) seems very third world compared to Disney.

In this case I would rather just wait in line than wonder what the process will be. Rope dropping Hagrids seemed to work pretty well in June.

I haven't seen a single post anywhere on the new virtual queue system, so I wonder if it died a quick death.

DISR

To answer my own question, no Virtual Queue was used during my 4-6 Nov visit. I did not see any signs or marketing for it. Hagrids was listed pretty steadily in the 120 minute range for Saturday. If you are using early entry, get there fast...20 minutes into early entry on Sat, the line was at 120 minutes. We road a couple of other rides and came back at 8:55 and wait about 75 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom