Phone wait times

Ayla

Original Poster
What's the longest you've waited on hold for WDW? I'm currently going on 30 minutes to make a change that can only be done over the phone and I'm losing patience fast.

Raxel7851

I’ve waited that long and at times longer. I just put the phone on speaker, and go about doing things within hearing range. Yep it’s frustrating at times. I’m fairly confident it’s a staffing issue. It’s a problem in most parts of the country.

James J

In the Parks
No
5 hours on hold when they emailed everyone in the UK regarding changing their bookings in 2020. I wish it had been 30 minutes!

JIMINYCR

Probably 30 min. has been my longest time and thats being overly patient for me. I cant stand being on hold no matter what its for, Disney or any other company. I'll hang up if its getting too much past that mark. I have better things to do with my time.

MickeyLuv'r

Half an hour is currently shorter-than-average wait times. A full hour is not at all uncommon, though I can't say how long is now the norm. Many non-WDW call centers are also currently hurting for staff, especially ones that are not in the USA. The Philippines is especially hard hit with covid right now, and call centers there are a risky place to work.

wajo

NO JOKE - 5 hours on hold when they opened annual passes last week 9-8. Have the phone photo to prove it.
Beyond any patience level. CM who transferred me at my call in must have sent me to some back area warehouse phone.
No one answered at all. Never have been this irate (and there have been many many times) with Disney. HUNG UP!!

Weather_Lady

The longest were 75 minutes and 90 minutes (the latter after calling in and already waiting over an hour before being disconnected, grrr!) -- and I never got an answer either time, as I had to hang up to go do my job, something the people at Disney who hire and schedule telephone service staff apparently wouldn't know anything about.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
NO JOKE - 5 hours on hold when they opened annual passes last week 9-8. Have the phone photo to prove it.
Beyond any patience level. CM who transferred me at my call in must have sent me to some back area warehouse phone.
No one answered at all. Never have been this irate (and there have been many many times) with Disney. HUNG UP!!
You know what would have helped?
Call Thursday instead 😎

castlecake2.0

They’re hurting for call center staff, along with a lot of other roles. They’ve had to contract out a third party to help with call volumes right now. There is still so much in flux right now with travel regulations etc they’re definitely dealing with a lot more than normal.

JIMINYCR

I love it when sone one on a discussion board says this…
Guess we see things differently. I dont see spending time on a discussion board as being a waste of my time. I get updated info from those who are in or recently been in the parks. I keep up with the recent changes and how things are being handled. I get questions answered when I dont know where to turn. This helps me plan an upcoming trip and prepare me better. I can also contribute to discussions and help someone else who asks for help when I can. So time here is entertaining and educating. Far from being a waste.
Thats entirely different from holding a phone and sitting impatiently waiting for someone to answer a call, watching the minutes add up...waiting endlessly for someone, anyone to pick up, if and when they do, not getting the answer I want. Meanwhile its a continuous loop of Disney music which gets old after hearing it play over and over.
So yes, for me I'd rather do anything other than sit waiting for an unanswered call to be taken.

RememberWhen

Currently on hold with ticketing trying to get a refund for our Boo Bash tickets. Talked to 4 people already, and placed the first call around 9:30am. It’s now almost 1pm and I need to leave to pick up kids in an hour. I’m really hoping someone will pick up in the next 20 min as I’ve been on this hold for an hour and a half already. The CMs I’ve talked to have all been lovely, but didn’t have the authorization to refund. If I can’t get through today I’ll try again Friday.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Currently on hold with ticketing trying to get a refund for our Boo Bash tickets. Talked to 4 people already, and placed the first call around 9:30am. It’s now almost 1pm and I need to leave to pick up kids in an hour. I’m really hoping someone will pick up in the next 20 min as I’ve been on this hold for an hour and a half already. The CMs I’ve talked to have all been lovely, but didn’t have the authorization to refund. If I can’t get through today I’ll try again Friday.
I thought all ticket sales of any kind from Disney were non-refundable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom