News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

Vinnie Mac

I think it feels cheaper even though I know it isn’t.

Minnie‘s Wonderful Christmastime, on the other hand, feels like an upgrade to me. Personally, I’d prefer Hallowishes and Wonderful Christmastime.
I disagree but I respect your opinion.

Personally I'd even go as far as to say that MNSSS is revolutionary. The Jack puppet and then the fact that the projections do an amazing job at storytelling. The projections serve more of a purpose than just being a movie highlight reel. The whole show follows a consistent, cute, and entertaining storyline and ends off with one of the best finale segments I've seen Disney pull off.

But I do agree with you on the Minnies Christmastime Spectacular. That too has great use for the projections. I was worried it wouldn't surpass Holiday Wishes but it absolutely did in my opinion. And the finale is beautiful and packs some emotion with it. I look forward to seeing it return this November! :)

THEMEPARKPIONEER

That’s because there are people in charge of the fireworks who actually care about how they look.

Fireworks are about the only area where Disney World is king (over other Disney parks and over everyone else). They know this. That’s why they’ll bring back parades when they feel like it, bit prioritized fireworks. It‘s kinda a thing for the company.

View attachment 583889
You don’t have to pay firework shells, give them benefits or train them, you blow them up and bring in new ones the next night. At the same time each Ariel she’ll costs allot I imagine unless of course they get a great deal on them which may explain the reason their firework shows have gotten so big. It may be cheaper now to buy fireworks than hire a cast for a parade now.

cranbiz

It happens almost nightly. I’d imagine, given safety protocols established by Disney and the baseline industry standards that are to be followed for each display (NFPA 1123) relating to equipment inspection prior to loading a show, I’d bet to say that it’s not caused by an equipment defect/failure or a loading related issue (shells loaded into wrong-size mortars don’t create the appropriate lift) given it occurs as frequently as it does.

In my professional opinion, the low breaks / flowerpots witnessed are more so defect related to the device/shell (firework). This can be caused by a variety of things relating to the device, including improper manufacturing, storage, and/or handling at any point from the creation of the device to the use of the device. Any amount of moisture, insufficiently packed or leaking lift charges, and improperly sized time-delayed fuses can all cause the low breaks you’re seeing.

In my opinion, the safety protocols I’ve seen mentioned that are followed by Disney that meet and exceed the baseline set by NFPA 1123 would definitely help to deter the frequency of fires within the immediate area of where the fire suppression systems are relating to the show.
Having been on multiple fireworks details as a firefighter, You are absolutely correct that it's not normally an error at the launch site that causes low shells, it's usually a defect of some sorts. Many, many times I saw low explosions. Most didn't cause any issues, some did and that's one reason for the fire detail.

Disney's pyro safety does far exceed NFPA standards. In my 5 years as a CM, I can only recall 2 Signal 25's at MK due to fireworks. Both were brush fires set off by low exploding shells ( the old 2500 series RTS bus that burned up on World Drive one night was much more impressive). The fire the other night looked impressive from a distance but doesn't appear to be overly serious based upon how short the outage was.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Only 21 showings of HEA to go..

GrizzledViciousJaguarundi-size_restricted.gif

doctornick

It got terrible news today. Due to the pandemic, HEA didn’t technically work long enough for its pension to fully-vest. It doesn’t know what it is going to do when it retires, now. It may be forced to come back to work one day.
I can’t tell if this is just a joke or a sneaky way to reveal that Disney intends to bring HEA back in the future

gerarar

Premium Member
The castle projections didn't fully transform at showtime last night, which probably is due to the multiple delays that happened bc of inclement weather. Was fixed right away tho during opening narration. Thought this was an interesting thing to happen!! Only 20 showings to go..
56D83FB6-95E7-4B7E-84A4-3CA5CF7616B3.png

Video with timestamps imbedded:

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

The castle projections didn't fully transform at showtime last night, which probably is due to the multiple delays that happened bc of inclement weather. Was fixed right away tho during opening narration. Thought this was an interesting thing to happen!! Only 20 showings to go..
View attachment 585728

Video with timestamps imbedded:

1631186336367.gif

Happily Ever After, as portrayed by Russell Crowe.

SoFloMagic

Like I said earlier to someone else, I disagree with your opinion but I respect it. You don't like it, I think it's revolutionary. We could argue about it but we'd get nowhere with that type of argument so agree to disagree.
I agree. Its certainly something new, and we have differing opinions on it. I may agree more with you if I saw it again as it may have been a victim of oversized expectations for me.

gerarar

Premium Member
Things have been quite about the new shows. Hopefully it’s not because both DE and Harm are going to be disappointing.
Yeah, I noticed that. For HEA we got like 5 or 6 behind the scenes videos in the weeks and days leading up to its premiere. Like this one:

If Disney is planning to do the same with DE and Harmonius, they better start soon lol

jrhwdw

HEA is delayed, which is not suprising, given the Lighting. But what is surprising is HEA's Delayed Announcement still has Ladies And Gentleman, Boys And Girls! Thought that was Totally gone from all of HEA's Announcements???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom