Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

dreamfinder

Also, they now have listed the charities that still have open registrations.

So I'm curious. Are these the only charities period? Or the only ones with left over entries? Cause the listings are the same for Wine & Dine and Marathon Weekend. I'd expect there to be some slosh between the two. I can't recall if I found other charities that had bibs earlier or not. Not gonna lie, I've been digging into charities for 2 other events, so it's all turned to slosh.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Hopefully that means they’ll have the registration links available soon. I know it usually takes a while, but it’d be nice to have it “locked in.”
I got mine from ACS for Marathon weekend on the 18th... We were told we have until Oct 12th for our names on bibs and Dec 12th was the final deadline. Also the block of rooms would come at some point... So maybe yours is waiting for the rooms?

Figment82

I got mine from ACS for Marathon weekend on the 18th... We were told we have until Oct 12th for our names on bibs and Dec 12th was the final deadline. Also the block of rooms would come at some point... So maybe yours is waiting for the rooms?
Interesting! I don’t think GKTW offers room blocks (I don’t need one, so it’s quite possible I overlooked it), but I wonder if they’re waiting on something to send everything out at once. I might inquire later in the week.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Interesting! I don’t think GKTW offers room blocks (I don’t need one, so it’s quite possible I overlooked it), but I wonder if they’re waiting on something to send everything out at once. I might inquire later in the week.
I'm not gonna use their room block when they offer it, I'm curious as to where they got rooms.
Yeah, I'd inquire later this week if you don't hear anything.
I want to say, I saw Princess ACS runners posting they too registered today.... Yours could be waiting to register people for all 4 races at the same time, maybe?

Surferboy567

I wanted to mention 10 days ago runDisney did infact get back to me about upgrading my virtual 10K to a virtual two course challenge. They gave the standard response of going into your dashboard, and then pressing the “switch categories” button to upgrade. This would also incur a 45 dollar change fee on top of the distance between the race you registered for and the race you wanted to upgrade.

I checked my dashboard and then noticed the switch categories button was still not there even though they said you could upgrade.

Honestly, happy it worked out this way. I am content with just my virtual 10K. The challenge would of conflicted with my training for marathon weekend. I also really couldn’t justify the price after thinking about it. The 10K slots in nicely on my training schedule. I also was able to grab a virtual 5K registration for marathon weekend before it sold out again. This will be good practice for the Wine & Dine challenge I plan on running in person. As well as giving me an opportunity to earn 50th anniversary themed marathon weekend medals and shirts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom