News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Wierd....than why was there a 7 hour line? You guys show up for anything. There fan base is rabbid and clamorous for any scraps. Theres no risk here unless pass holders change there habits.
The argument that nothing will cause Disney fans to stop Disneying is so tired and so blatantly false. There was a 7 hour line because they released APs after 18 months of not offering them. If Disney treats their customers like crap they will stop having customers. Raising prices is not treating your customers like crap, but refusing to let them into the parks on days they’re not blocked out from is.

nickys

Premium Member
Well as far as I can tell everyone can get the same reservations but they have to be made separately.

I’ve already had to do to the front desk to change from Epcot to AK yesterday.

I don’t understand why I can’t add other people who have valid park entry for the days I select.
Are you all staying onsite? If so you should all be able to book from the resort guest pool, but it might be that you still need to book in two groups.

For offsite then park reservations have always had to be booked separately since they were introduced. AP holders have one pool and regular ticket holders have another, and you need to book each group,separately.

I don’t think that part of the process has changed, it’s just that many people are only just discovering the “joys” of the system.

Trauma

Are you all staying onsite? If so you should all be able to book from the resort guest pool, but it might be that you still need to book in two groups.

For offsite then park reservations have always had to be booked separately since they were introduced. AP holders have one pool and regular ticket holders have another, and you need to book each group,separately.

I don’t think that part of the process has changed, it’s just that many people are only just discovering the “joys” of the system.
We are all staying onsite and we have to book separately.

DorysDitty

The argument that nothing will cause Disney fans to stop Disneying is so tired and so blatantly false. There was a 7 hour line because they released APs after 18 months of not offering them. If Disney treats their customers like crap they will stop having customers. Raising prices is not treating your customers like crap, but refusing to let them into the parks on days they’re not blocked out from is.
Exactly. This is one of the primary reasons we didn’t renew. How frustrating was it to be down there (8 hour drive for us) and not be able to go into a park even though we’ve paid thousands of dollars for 4 passes. We watched HEA for one of the last times from the Contemporary bc we got down there in time, but didn’t want to “waste” one of our 3 precious reservations on a holiday weekend just to go in to watch fireworks. We’ve had APs and stayed off property for years. I’m sort of glad Disney keeps making these crappy changes bc it makes me feel better about not renewing my APs!

CntrlFlPete

With October 1 Park Pass reservations full for AP, but still available for daily park tickets/resort guests, do we think they’ll add to the AP bucket some point soon? Planning on going down that week and I have reservations for the other days, but holding out for that day for now

My guess is that 10/1 is tricky. AP's can park hope, when MK 10/1 filled up, many folks grabbed EPCOT w/ the idea of going to MK at 2PM. MK is full for all, my guess is 10/1 is closed to AP's because they should know that MK will get messy on 10/1 (just based on how ugly things were at the MK on 10/1/2011).

DisneyCane

My guess is that 10/1 is tricky. AP's can park hope, when MK 10/1 filled up, many folks grabbed EPCOT w/ the idea of going to MK at 2PM. MK is full for all, my guess is 10/1 is closed to AP's because they should know that MK will get messy on 10/1 (just based on how ugly things were at the MK on 10/1/2011).
I have no idea why anyone wants to be anywhere near MK on 10/1. It's not like there are things that you can do on 10/1 that won't be there 11/1. I've always said the same about the other insanely crowded days like NYE.

pharmd

I have a reservation for MK 10/1. I don't get off work until 330 pm and would like to go home and freshen up them head to the park. Do you think they can still turn me away even if Park Hopping opens up to fill it up? I can imagine also there are those who will go in the morning and want to head back to catch the night's festivities after a break in their Hotel.

pdude81

I have a reservation for MK 10/1. I don't get off work until 330 pm and would like to go home and freshen up them head to the park. Do you think they can still turn me away even if Park Hopping opens up to fill it up? I can imagine also there are those who will go in the morning and want to head back to catch the night's festivities after a break in their Hotel.
I think if you have an MK reservation you are good unless they reach a closure phase, which shouldn't be possible given park reservations.

CntrlFlPete

I would hope that with a reservation, you are accounted for. I do not think there has been a day where a park has been closed to park hoppers so there does not seem to be precedence (assuming I am correct in thinking a lot of folks hope to hop over to MK).

When we went to MK's 40th, outside of the rope drop (near) riot over 40th t-shirts, I truly think things went sideways (for us anyway) because all the brass was there during the daylight hours, I'm sure the best workers were on staff, the best managers were around -- I think all of OPs then left to go celebrate a job well done -- the less than B staff was around -- they didn't even think to open the back alley out of main street after fireworks -- I imagine that night had the biggest influence on the 9 year pause we took from going to Disney.

I do hope they have learned lessons from that night!

wutisgood

I am not so sure about filling the parks for the sake of filling them. It’s all about making the most money possible at the least possible cost to the company. That’s for the accountants and their spreadsheets to figure out.
They are definitely going to want to keep capacity at least at whatever point it's crowded enough to sell a ton of lightning lane. I imagine their projections will most of the time be good enough opening availability won't be necessary.

Disstevefan1

They are definitely going to want to keep capacity at least at whatever point it's crowded enough to sell a ton of lightning lane. I imagine their projections will most of the time be good enough opening availability won't be necessary.
That’s true! Now there is incentive for them to overcrowd the parks to sell more Genie + and pay per ride Lighting Lane tickets!

I see their strategy now! It was never to make the parks less crowded, it was about how to MAKE MORE MONEY FROM THE MOBBED PARKS!

It was right there in front of me and I did not realize it…

Muffinpants

First time AP here.. do I need to get a physical pass for discounts on Merc and such? And how do I get one? Just go to guest services?

grapejellybean

Nice! We’ve never been able to show the app, for whatever reason, we’ve always had to show our card. I’ll have to try that… if I visit a park before my AP expires.
I have had mixed results. It all depends on the CM. I even one time had a CM not give me a discount because the card had the previous year on it even though I had it in the app as current. I really think the app is better since it has your last name that they can actually verify with your id, where the card just has your first name written on it with a sharpie.

pdude81

I have had mixed results. It all depends on the CM. I even one time had a CM not give me a discount because the card had the previous year on it even though I had it in the app as current. I really think the app is better since it has your last name that they can actually verify with your id, where the card just has your first name written on it with a sharpie.
They accept digital DVC cards but for whatever reason they get cranky about the AP from time to time. That's the only thing I'm sure is correct in their system for MB and can be verified with a photo ID.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom