News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

GimpYancIent

If Tron wasn't viewed by the company as a headliner, it would not have opened at Shanghai Disneyland as THE anchor for Tomorrowland. It and Pirates were designed as the immediate must-see attractions for the Mainland China park. They know it will be a massive hit for the Magic Kingdom.
In China. Generally the worlds Disney fans (for the most part) are not going to travel to China to go to a Disney park to enjoy the specified attractions.

JaxFLBear

The Epcot park reservation for my 9/18 preview has been loaded to my MDE account. I never received an email confirmation after completing the reservation process, so I'm really glad to see it now and not closer to the actual event date.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Disney previews Remy's Ratatouille Adventure as opening nears at EPCOT'S expanded France pavilion​

Ratatouille_Full_43877.jpg

Epcot82Guy

I would agree. The ride isn't bad - more a bit meh. Especially with the trackless rides at DHS being superior IMHO. It's cute. Nothing special.

Other than some of the execution elements (i.e. the facade) and that they could have pushed the Epcot/France integration a bit more with a slight story rewrite - this one isn't itself as offensive. It's that it's part of this overall aggressive change, so guilt by association. I feel the need to dislike it. Where, if this was the only project vs. part of FEA and its legacy, I think I would be OK and see the value for the audience who loves the characters.

As for Coco - if it was a celebration of Day of the Dead, I totally agree as well. Slapping a Coco fantasyland ride in less so. Having him explain little things about the celebration and its history. That has strong possibility IMHO.

dreday3

It loos pretty and should be a nice addition to World Showcase... This one always seemed like a good idea to me.
If the IP seamlessly fits it's location, it's a real plus. Coco in the Mexico pavilion would also be a fun fresh seamless addition.

I just passed out for a moment.
You like it! :D ;)

I agree, it looks very pretty. I bet will feel a bit "magical" in the area at night.

Missing20K

I’ve re-evaluated my opinion. Rat is a fun ride and a great addition. Crush is a fun ride and also would have been a *good* addition. But given the expansion to the pavilion and superb theming of the area, the correct decision was to clone Rat over Crush.

I can give credit where it’s due. The ride? A solid C+/D- and all the parks need more of them.

And I’m not so obtuse as to not enjoy this…
74518F3C-7155-414A-A560-B892FDE9F8D6.jpeg

Although we could have done without the dreary weather. Would have been exemplary if WDI could have also recreated the rainy gray skies and chilly wind we had when there for real authenticity. Like the Mexico pavilion only miserable.

UNCgolf

I’ve re-evaluated my opinion. Rat is a fun ride and a great addition. Crush is a fun ride and also would have been a *good* addition. But given the expansion to the pavilion and superb theming of the area, the correct decision was to clone Rat over Crush.

I can give credit where it’s due. The ride? A solid C+/D- and all the parks need more of them.

And I’m not so obtuse as to not enjoy this…View attachment 584193
Although we could have done without the dreary weather. Would have been exemplary if WDI could have also recreated the rainy gray skies and chilly wind we had when there for real authenticity. Like the Mexico pavilion only miserable.

The expansion at EPCOT doesn't look like that, though, unfortunately.

Not that I'm against it -- it's an okay addition and EPCOT needs the ride capacity.

SplashJacket

I wish I had a better picture:

View attachment 584384
The walk around the corner and down the street and slowly seeing this area unveiled… it’s just wonderful.
Honestly, after years of thinking Epcot's iteration would look inferior to WDSP's version, I've changed my view.

I've yet to actually step foot in Epcot's expansion but went to WDSP on two separate trips since it opened.

This expansion has turned from an "oh that's cool" to "this is awesome!"

UNCgolf

Honestly, after years of thinking Epcot's iteration would look inferior to WDSP's version, I've changed my view.

I've yet to actually step foot in Epcot's expansion but went to WDSP on two separate trips since it opened.

This expansion has turned from an "oh that's cool" to "this is awesome!"

I'm pretty sure that's a photo of the WDSP version, not the EPCOT one.

Surfin' Tuna

I haven't been on the one in France, but I've now done Epcot enough to say I like it. It's not great, but it is cute. If one considers where it is, it's great and much, much needed. Having spent a lot of time in the Epcot version, though, I can say I like the pictures form WDSP a lot. Like with everything in WDW they are shooting for the bare minimum they can do, and unfortunately it will all be huge hits with the average donor. Remember when they used to make people feel like guests?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom