Living With the Land...in peril?

castlecake2.0

There has to be a smart balance. I got a few requests to put hand sanitizer stands outside bathrooms. I denied them, mostly for the same reason, hand washing is the priority in the recommendations and we can use them somewhere else. Since it is literally either reach of the request, most people will just wash their hands. But at the same time I have littered pretty much every other requested area with sanitizer. Why, because people will ignore having to find a sink if they have to remember to go to one or be really uncomfortable if they aren’t able to get to one before they have to touch something of theirs or something like that.

Of course my approach could be wrong too, but I think most companies are trying to make best practices as usuable a possible.
Thats a smart way to do it! Like you said it’s good in some cases as additional measure :)

Ricky Spanish

D53C553A-1E24-4866-B423-641D54EEFFD9.jpeg

Smiley/OCD

A gym member I work out with is vaccinated. Last winter he felt off, feverish and weak. He then took a test and tested positive for covid. He quarantined in another part of his house displaying symptoms. He admitted he regularly did not wash or disinfect his hands.
Don't you remember a few short years before the pandemic, doctors (and probably Fauci) said that we as a population were relying too much on sanitizer and we would effectively build up a "resistance" to it? I do!! When we were kids, we got filthy dirty playing outside...I remember working in a gas station in my HS & college days and would often eat with dirty hands...I'm still alive because even though I'm supposedly immunocompromised (due to my MS meds), I have a pretty good immune system that can fight off many, not ALL things I'm exposed to. Honestly, when's the last time you've had to stop your car because kids were playing touch football or wiffle ball in the street...when is the last time you saw kids playing outside filthy dirty? That's because they all have their FAT a**es parked in front of their computer, X-box and phones 24/7. The fittest part of their bodies are their fingers from texting. Now doctors are wondering why more youth are coming down with high cholesterol, diabetes, and are overweight...

Roy G. Dis

Don't you remember a few short years before the pandemic, doctors (and probably Fauci) said that we as a population were relying too much on sanitizer and we would effectively build up a "resistance" to it? I do!! When we were kids, we got filthy dirty playing outside...I remember working in a gas station in my HS & college days and would often eat with dirty hands...I'm still alive because even though I'm supposedly immunocompromised (due to my MS meds), I have a pretty good immune system that can fight off many, not ALL things I'm exposed to. Honestly, when's the last time you've had to stop your car because kids were playing touch football or wiffle ball in the street...when is the last time you saw kids playing outside filthy dirty? That's because they all have their FAT a**es parked in front of their computer, X-box and phones 24/7. The fittest part of their bodies are their fingers from texting. Now doctors are wondering why more youth are coming down with high cholesterol, diabetes, and are overweight...
Kids play in my neighborhood all the time, but not in the street thank God.

Smiley/OCD

I remember the FIRST 50 degree day in the late winter we would be out in the street spray painting (when kids were allowed to buy spray paint) new wiffle ball bases...we had FUN, we were SAFE, and all of our parents would sit on their front porches (most families in our neighborhood couldn't afford a/c) and watch us play. No one ever got hit by a car...same in my neighborhood now. (We also drank out of garden hoses...gotta love that taste lol.

Roy G. Dis

I remember the FIRST 50 degree day in the late winter we would be out in the street spray painting (when kids were allowed to buy spray paint) new wiffle ball bases...we had FUN, we were SAFE, and all of our parents would sit on their front porches (most families in our neighborhood couldn't afford a/c) and watch us play. No one ever got hit by a car...same in my neighborhood now. (We also drank out of garden hoses...gotta love that taste lol.
I'm sorry but you're approaching old man yells at cloud territory.

Texas84

We used to ride our bikes (no helmets) behind the mosquito spray trucks. Liked to ride in the fog.

phillip9698

Thing is, plenty of kids were hit by cars. You just didn't hear about it because there wasn't social media and a constant barrage of news telling you everything that happened everywhere. Some kid could get killed on the next street over and you wouldn't know, now you can know about the kid who was killed 2 hours away or maybe on the other side of the country.

ToTBellHop

Thing is, plenty of kids were hit by cars. You just didn't hear about it because there wasn't social media and a constant barrage of news telling you everything that happened everywhere. Some kid could get killed on the next street over and you wouldn't know, now you can know about the kid who was killed 2 hours away or maybe on the other side of the country.
Exactly. Kids still ended back then, it just wasn’t news. Here in Derry, apparently a kid was murdered by a sewer clown in the 1950s but I only recently heard about this by reading old news clippings in the library after having some bad dreams.

dreday3

Original Poster
Oh man, it's still closed...

This is legitimately my favorite ride at Epcot. It's just so peaceful and reminds me of coming to Epcot as a child.
I am seriously bummed about this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom