News Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks to Resume July 1st

jrhwdw

I was at bay lake tower last week and on two separate nights during HEA noticed a shell or two exploding MUCH lower than they are supposed to. I wonder if they’ve been having any recurring issues leading up to yesterday’s problems.
Every now and then, a shell or 2 never leaves the ground.I'm shocked we don't have more Fires like last night when that happens......

gerarar

Premium Member
If anyone is on this who is at MK tonight, please record this as it really will show how much of a difference with or without pyro. But don’t cheer too loud so Chapek doesn’t take fireworks away (to allow for even more “enhanced guest experiences.”)
It's already happened at least twice for HEA. Once before the pandemic closure (video below) and another time last month, both due to strong winds/weather.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Sorry for being vague but this is indeed unprecedented
UNPRECEDENTED DEMAND?

Disney-Bob-Chapek.jpg

Figments Friend

Sorry to hear about the fire backstage....hope there wasn't too much damage and things will get resolved smoothly.
Also hope nobody was hurt.

As was noted already , small fires happen once in a while related to pyro but it's been a while since something of this scale has taken place.

-

Vinnie Mac

If anyone is on this who is at MK tonight, please record this as it really will show how much of a difference with or without pyro. But don’t cheer too loud so Chapek doesn’t take fireworks away (to allow for even more “enhanced guest experiences.”)
I hate Chapek as much as the next guy but some of you really need to stop pulling him into everything even when it's not logical. Chapek likes profits and we all know that fireworks are one of the main things Disney is known for. There will never be a time where Chapek gets rid of such a profit generator.

MrPromey

I hate Chapek as much as the next guy but some of you really need to stop pulling him into everything even when it's not logical. Chapek likes profits and we all know that fireworks are one of the main things Disney is known for. There will never be a time where Chapek gets rid of such a profit generator.

I'd say 60-70% of the time people are using him as a MEME.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Get rid? No

Get cheaper ? Yes

It’s happened many times before

ToTBellHop

I find it funny that a show that’s going to be gone for the 50th they modified the projections for the 50th
That’s because there are people in charge of the fireworks who actually care about how they look.

Fireworks are about the only area where Disney World is king (over other Disney parks and over everyone else). They know this. That’s why they’ll bring back parades when they feel like it, bit prioritized fireworks. It‘s kinda a thing for the company.

1630502624694.jpeg

mattpeto

That’s because there are people in charge of the fireworks who actually care about how they look.

Fireworks are about the only area where Disney World is king (over other Disney parks and over everyone else). They know this. That’s why they’ll bring back parades when they feel like it, bit prioritized fireworks. It‘s kinda a thing for the company.

View attachment 583889
Yep.

The shows is what keeps people in the park. More guests present = more revenue.

There is a reason why even AK had a nighttime show and will eventually get another down the road.

jrhwdw

View attachment 583889
At least MK is in the Christmas Mood this Year! LOL!!!

Will we not get a HEA Update till 5 PM again? Wonder why the announcements didn't start at Park Open yesterday? Maybe there was a chance not to do the Announcement?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom