News Disney KiteTails coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom October 1

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Someone gave the Imagineering intern a $562 budget.

That’s a bit harsh, of course, but this would be a nice, minor feature to a much larger show. It feels like the golden lawn ornaments - a cute sideshow forced to be the sole attraction in the center ring.
They're not marketing it as the greatest new E-ticket of all time.

Disney fans always do this. They complain that Disney needs new minor attractions to absorb capacity, then when Disney actually builds those things, the fans all react "lmao this is pathetic, this sucks."

Casper Gutman

Disney fans always do this. They complain that Disney needs new minor attractions to absorb capacity, then when Disney actually builds those things, the fans all react "lmao this is pathetic, this sucks."
This isn’t true at all. WDW DOES need minor attractions badly, but it DOESN’T need to put them in E-Ticket theatres (like this), charge E-Ticket prices (like rat), or spend E-Ticket budgets to build them (like everything WDW does). THAT’S the complaint.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

62EC7287-426C-40F3-87CA-02F9D176ABAA.jpeg

Exclusive reveal of the theme music.

Last edited:

I agree. This looks cute. Grab a lemonade and just watch a cute show for a midday break. I love the environmental part of Disney. It’s like randomly catching D’Vine or cute things that just pop up.

VJ

if it's something they could do at literally any point in time then maybe they shouldn't promote it as part of the 50th anniversary?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
if it's something they could do at literally any point in time then maybe they shouldn't promote it as part of the 50th anniversary?
The 50th Anniversary is a marketing campaign. Literally everything they do for the next 20 months is going to have "50th Anniversary" slapped on the front of it. That doesn't MEAN anything.

Summer 2013 was "Monstrous Summer." That doesn't mean the stuff they announced or launched that summer had anything whatsoever to do with Monsters University.

marksniles

Bring back the original Rivers of Light. I feel so bad for these Imagineers that spend years coming up with original shows just to be shot down because there’s not enough Disney characters or songs in it. The kite they showed looks like something out of Sesame Street.

doctornick

Agreed. This is a nice smaller addition that utilizes the existing water and theaters seats. I’m sure many people will also just watch them from the bridge as they walk between Asia and Dinoland.

this is small scale and Disney has treated it as the minor addition that it is. The bigger issue is that DAK needs a proper nighttime show to replace RoL but this doesn’t prevent that from happening

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I'm not opposed to something like this, I just keep coming back to a question I asked when this was first announced...did no one think about the fact that this is going to take place in an open-air, not a canopy in sight, venue? Did no one think of the Florida sun and heat when planning this?

peter11435

I'm not opposed to something like this, I just keep coming back to a question I asked when this was first announced...did no one think about the fact that this is going to take place in an open-air, not a canopy in sight, venue? Did no one think of the Florida sun and heat when planning this?
You’re not wrong. But that never stopped people from lining up for parades, castle stage shows, and whatever they called that Star Wars show at the studios

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Bring back the original Rivers of Light. I feel so bad for these Imagineers that spend years coming up with original shows just to be shot down because there’s not enough Disney characters or songs in it. The kite they showed looks like something out of Sesame Street.
Interestingly the same show director worked on Rivers of Light and KiteTails.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom