HHN #30 begins September 3rd 2021

ryan1

This year's marketing team shouldn't be brought back next year. I'm sure there was behind the scenes worry about the delta surge messing things up again this year but the roll out of house announcements was terrible. Then they just dump the rest of the announcements into one clump unceremoniously?

Benjamin_Nicholas

This year's marketing team shouldn't be brought back next year. I'm sure there was behind the scenes worry about the delta surge messing things up again this year but the roll out of house announcements was terrible. Then they just dump the rest of the announcements into one clump unceremoniously?

Uni's marketing team is, overall, crap. They know the event will sell whether they do their jobs well or not.

It's made them very lazy over the last decade.

JT3000

That's not really the problem. All of the event's attractions were traditionally announced all at the same time, and even in more recent years, they'd announce the IPs and a few original houses and then just dump the rest. The problem is how they went about it. Not only do they no longer make a big production out of it with interactive websites like in the old days, and just make things as basic as possible, but they were running behind schedule this year, likely due to Florida's Covid spikes. It's made things look even lazier than usual. One of the houses doesn't even have a link to click for more details.

ryan1

That's not really the problem. All of the event's attractions were traditionally announced all at the same time, and even in more recent years, they'd announce the IPs and a few original houses and then just dump the rest. The problem is how they went about it. Not only do they no longer make a big production out of it with interactive websites like in the old days, and just make things as basic as possible, but they were running behind schedule this year, likely due to Florida's Covid spikes. It's made things look even lazier than usual. One of the houses doesn't even have a link to click for more details.
While I agree with some of that, their Instagram account has been basically non-existent for the last year and the website has been a joke for even longer. That would only take 2 people at most to manage those things and they can't even do that. So covid can't be blamed as those could be work from home assignments and I can't believe they didn't know most, if not all, houses and scare zones that were going to be used this year back in April/May when they traditionally start to make announcements.

Laziness shouldn't be kept around is what I was originally saying.

ryan1

Uni's marketing team is, overall, crap. They know the event will sell whether they do their jobs well or not.

It's made them very lazy over the last decade

I'm going every year regardless but it was nice when they built up excitement for the event earlier in the year and kept it going throughout the summer which they haven't done at all. It opens in 3 weeks and they are just now announcing most of the stuff.

I don't go to Uni other than to go to HHN so I can't speak for the other marketing but they need some new blood bad in the HHN department.

macefamily

I don't need a big marketing campaign which I don't see in Pennsylvania. What I do know, is that they do one hell of a job offering up some quality adult scares. Not like the Mouse who lifted ExtraTERRORestrial when 6 yr olds started ing themselves in those locked in seats. Their big brothers were the same ones ing themselves during Captain Eo knowing in the back of their minds what they were watching.

Tom Morrow

It was pretty obvious that they waited to announce all the houses in case the event looked like it was going to be cancelled again, which would give them nothing to market next year.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Haunted houses at Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights will use clear vinyl to separate guests and scare actors this year as a precaution against the transmission of COVID-19, a resort spokeswoman said Friday.

The vinyl will be installed “in key locations” of the houses to allow for safe interactions between scare actors and guests, said Alyson Solo, senior director of public relations.

Team members and performers will also be required to wear face coverings indoors during the event, she said, in accordance with the resort’s employee mask guidelines.

It was not immediately clear what these vinyl partitions might look like. Last year, thin sheets of plexiglass separated scare actors and guests at locations within the theme park’s modified haunted house offerings where the two could potentially come into close contact. Scare actors were also required to wear masks as part of their costumes in the 2020 houses.

Universal has not disclosed whether guest parties will be staggered inside the houses, which are enclosed, indoor areas where spacing can be tight.

Halloween Horror Nights will follow current COVID policies at Universal Studios, Solo said, where guests are encouraged, but not required, to wear face coverings indoors."

JoeCamel

"Haunted houses at Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights will use clear vinyl to separate guests and scare actors this year as a precaution against the transmission of COVID-19, a resort spokeswoman said Friday.

The vinyl will be installed “in key locations” of the houses to allow for safe interactions between scare actors and guests, said Alyson Solo, senior director of public relations.

Team members and performers will also be required to wear face coverings indoors during the event, she said, in accordance with the resort’s employee mask guidelines.

It was not immediately clear what these vinyl partitions might look like. Last year, thin sheets of plexiglass separated scare actors and guests at locations within the theme park’s modified haunted house offerings where the two could potentially come into close contact. Scare actors were also required to wear masks as part of their costumes in the 2020 houses.

Universal has not disclosed whether guest parties will be staggered inside the houses, which are enclosed, indoor areas where spacing can be tight.

Halloween Horror Nights will follow current COVID policies at Universal Studios, Solo said, where guests are encouraged, but not required, to wear face coverings indoors."

If they sellout it will be a zoo and I have been a RoF guy for years. Not this year even though the lineup looks epic

JT3000

Safety theater, to the detriment of everyone's experience. If you're going to put up vinyl everywhere, which is probably pointless, then you can require masks (both indoors and out.) If they REALLY wanted to make the event safer, they would require proof of vaccination, but god forbid...

Skip

Safety theater, to the detriment of everyone's experience. If you're going to put up vinyl everywhere, which is probably pointless, then you can require masks (both indoors and out.) If they REALLY wanted to make the event safer, they would require proof of vaccination, but god forbid...

It's been so exhausting to see performers and guests alike praise this decision as if it's actually protecting scare actors from COVID. We have really failed to communicate how transmission of this thing works. Hearing about all sorts of issues resulting from the hasty, last-minute installation of the vinyl - including severe condensation, ventilation, and visibility issues. I'd manage your expectations.

JoeCamel

It's been so exhausting to see performers and guests alike praise this decision as if it's actually protecting scare actors from COVID. We have really failed to communicate how transmission of this thing works. Hearing about all sorts of issues resulting from the hasty, last-minute installation of the vinyl - including severe condensation, ventilation, and visibility issues. I'd manage your expectations.
I would think they see this as a way to go forward with the event rather than effective mitigation. HHN was always going to be a spreader just as Sturgis was. Hopefully the attendees will take more measures than those that went to Sturgis did but who am I kidding it's HHN, lots of booze and it was skipped last year. It will be a zoo, I wish I was going but just can't do it this year.

jeanericuser001

I would think they see this as a way to go forward with the event rather than effective mitigation. HHN was always going to be a spreader just as Sturgis was. Hopefully the attendees will take more measures than those that went to Sturgis did but who am I kidding it's HHN, lots of booze and it was skipped last year. It will be a zoo, I wish I was going but just can't do it this year.
There is always the youtube videos though there could be a fly in the ointment. Video cameras do not do so well with these sort of setups so odds are good the videos this year could be less than stellar. Honestly at this point Im going with howloscream at bg and sw. Its cheaper and Im curious what sea world has up its sleeve. They only have 4 houses so that means those 4 have gotta be pretty good or else attendance could take a pretty big hit.

JoeCamel

There is always the youtube videos though there could be a fly in the ointment. Video cameras do not do so well with these sort of setups so odds are good the videos this year could be less than stellar. Honestly at this point Im going with howloscream at bg and sw. Its cheaper and Im curious what sea world has up its sleeve. They only have 4 houses so that means those 4 have gotta be pretty good or else attendance could take a pretty big hit.
TBH cameras are not allowed in the houses

SSH

me too. First year I'm skipping HHN. I didn't like the games they played with express pass prices. They suddenly jacked them up $20 for my dates with zero notice, after just a week on the site, then another $20 again a few days later - again with no notice, all before they posted any official multi-day, AP or blackout tic info that allowed people to plan which days they wanted to go.

I had tics & EP in the cart and was just waiting on the ok from my boss to take the time off, when 2nd hike hit. At that point, was so fed up, decided I wasn't about to spend $40 more per person on EP vs someone who bought the same thing a week ago, so decided to give SW a shot. I know it's much smaller and they don't have the talent/experience/studio resources HHN does, but I'm sure we'll still have fun.

Last edited:

jeanericuser001

TBH cameras are not allowed in the housesT
Yet there are still people that get cameras into there regardless and record video. You would be amazed what people can get away with if security is not smart enough to catch them. Look it up on youtube if you dont believe me. They are up there.

JoeCamel

Yet there are still people that get cameras into there regardless and record video. You would be amazed what people can get away with if security is not smart enough to catch them. Look it up on youtube if you dont believe me. They are up there.
So I don't support by giving eyes to their bad behavior? Why we can't have nice things.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom