News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

James Alucobond

By interior scaffolding, are you referring to the scaffolding erected over the monorail beam?
I mean the scaffolding that was on the monorail platform, as seen in DCBaker's post earlier. Most of that has been removed over the past week. Only a bit remains.
Of the ceiling panels? They don’t bother me, it always felt like a parking garage to le with all the dark wood so this brightens things up. I know that’s not the majority opinion though :)
I agree that it shouldn't be dark, but I would love for the ceiling to be the lighter goldenrod color that it is underneath similar structures elsewhere at the resort. I'm also hoping that the side-facing gables on the port cochère get decorative paneling as well. The trusses to support it look like they're there.

Skywise

I mean the scaffolding that was on the monorail platform, as seen in DCBaker's post earlier. Most of that has been removed over the past week. Only a bit remains.

I agree that it shouldn't be dark, but I would love for the ceiling to be the lighter goldenrod color that it is underneath similar structures elsewhere at the resort. I'm also hoping that the side-facing gables on the port cochère get decorative paneling as well. The trusses to support it look like they're there.
Even gluing some thatching to the underside like you have on top to at least give the illusion that it's all straw.

Father Robinson

Water in the new ponds out front!
20210822_182244.jpg
20210822_182258.jpg

TikibirdLand

I must prepare to eat crow as I was one of the people who thought a
water feature was out. Glad it's there....The front entrance to the lobby
will retain some of the atmosphere of the last 50 years.
Well, ripping out the water feature in the lobby was a BIG disappointment when we stayed there last time. There's gotta be a lot more going outside than what the photo shows. Hoping it still looks like it did outside before the remodel.

Bocabear

Hard to tell at this moment but I am pretty sure the water feature will be smaller than the last...which was pretty large. I was hoping the new outdoor would be much more fabulous with the loss of the interior water features and the water features on the backside heading to the pool...which was lovely...

JoeCamel

Well, ripping out the water feature in the lobby was a BIG disappointment when we stayed there last time. There's gotta be a lot more going outside than what the photo shows. Hoping it still looks like it did outside before the remodel.

Hard to tell at this moment but I am pretty sure the water feature will be smaller than the last...which was pretty large. I was hoping the new outdoor would be much more fabulous with the loss of the interior water features and the water features on the backside heading to the pool...which was lovely...

Honey, I Shrunk the Ponds.

Moana journey of water

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom