More buffets and restaurants returning to Walt Disney World including Crystal Palace and Biergarten

JohnD

Yeah. I noticed Nine Dragons open up all of a sudden. On the desktop app, for some reason Boma and Nine Dragons are at the bottom underneath the closed Fantasmic Dinner Package (and that shows up after Yachtsmans go figure). Anyway, I couldn't get any dinner ADRs for Epcot on 10/2 until Nine Dragons showed up.

Last edited:

HouCuseChickie

I did notice it just says that they're going back to buffet format, meaning no mention of Crystal Palace bringing back characters. Buffet or not, I couldn't see going there without Pooh and Friends.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
The only bad news here is that Crystal Palace is going back to buffet style. The current menu and the all you care to eat option they 'changed' to during COVID was far superior to their buffet.

JohnD

I did notice it just says that they're going back to buffet format, meaning no mention of Crystal Palace bringing back characters. Buffet or not, I couldn't see going there without Pooh and Friends.

Lunch/dinner is currently $39. Maybe the same as buffet? Regardless, the cost increases when characters come back.

HouCuseChickie

Lunch/dinner is currently $39. Maybe the same as buffet? Regardless, the cost increases when characters come back.

I would expect it to go up in price once characters are added back...probably even well more than it was before everything closed. The reduced or cut experiences with certain dining in all of this has just made me really consider why we frequent some spots. So, I guess CP (for us) needs characters for us to go back.

JohnD

I would expect it to go up in price once characters are added back...probably even well more than it was before everything closed. The reduced or cut experiences with certain dining in all of this has just made me really consider why we frequent some spots. So, I guess CP (for us) needs characters for us to go back.

I managed to grab a 6:55 pm Chef Mickey's ADR for October 1 because I could. (I'm going solo). But is it really worth it for me to spend $55, leave MK around 6:30 and return between 8:00-8:30 just before the fireworks? Probably not. I should probably release it.

HouCuseChickie

I managed to grab a 6:55 pm Chef Mickey's ADR for October 1 because I could. (I'm going solo). But is it really worth it for me to spend $55, leave MK around 6:30 and return between 8:00-8:30 just before the fireworks? Probably not. I should probably release it.

I know you're going solo, but I ask those same questions when going with the family as well. Granted, my kids are a bit older now and the need for dining at Chef Mickey's is no longer all that necessary in their eyes. Oddly enough, it was my mother who insisted we eat there on our last visit. Considering I haven't seen fireworks in MK since January 2020, I'd ditch the character dining for it.

JohnD

I know you're going solo, but I ask those same questions when going with the family as well. Granted, my kids are a bit older now and the need for dining at Chef Mickey's is no longer all that necessary in their eyes. Oddly enough, it was my mother who insisted we eat there on our last visit. Considering I haven't seen fireworks in MK since January 2020, I'd ditch the character dining for it.

Yeah. It's the kind of ADR that as you see it, you grab it. As you can imagine, no other ADRs are available in or around MK on 10/1. It's the kind of ADR you don't immediately want to release. Probably better that I just use mobile order.

HouCuseChickie

Yeah. It's the kind of ADR that as you see it, you grab it. As you can imagine, no other ADRs are available in or around MK on 10/1. It's the kind of ADR you don't immediately want to release. Probably better that I just use mobile order.

I didn't even think about the date, but yeah...I could imagine just taking whatever you could get. I think on 10/1, I'd probably be content with some quick service and be ready for fireworks. Oh well, you'll decide what's best for you and your trip.

JohnD

I didn't even think about the date, but yeah...I could imagine just taking whatever you could get. I think on 10/1, I'd probably be content with some quick service and be ready for fireworks. Oh well, you'll decide what's best for you and your trip.

I just grabbed a 12:15 lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I can see myself taking a short break away from MK even on 10/1 in the middle of the day and come back refreshed in the afternoon. (I'm actually staying off-site but I could veg out in the WL lobby before returning to MK). Then give up Chef Mickey's to someone else who really wants while staying in MK the rest of the evening.

JohnD

Just released Chef Mickey's but now have Whispering Canyon lunch for 12:15pm.

Brooklin Disney Dad

Do the CM chefs serve and pass the plates along the inside of the buffet as you pick your food choices , or are people still touching the spoons and breathing over the food as they load a plate?

Artemicon

Do the CM chefs serve and pass the plates along the inside of the buffet as you pick your food choices , or are people still touching the spoons and breathing over the food as they load a plate?
Currently at Boma, guests are serving themselves after sanitizing their hands. Guests are also required to wear a mask as well at the buffet line.

I've been going to local buffets since early this year and there are no mass outbreaks in my area, so I feel pretty comfortable at them personally. I'm happy they're returning and I would urge people if they don't feel comfortable, to just stay home and not demonize people who feel comfortable enough to enjoy the buffets again.

I'm very excited to visit Crystal Palace again, and Boma's Dinner menu looks very good from the reviews I've watched in the past day or so.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom