News Disney Very Merriest After Hours

flynnibus

Premium Member
If enough people continue to pay exorbitant prices for less than typical offerings, Disney has zero reason to stop raising prices and/or restore previous offerings. THAT is the problem. And it doesn't just apply to after hours events.

but the forum told me it doesn’t matter what others do… and they don’t care anyways if it affects others. Then lost their @$! When the word selfish came out :)

cslafferty

Am I happy about the price of Very Merriest? No, not at all. Will we be going when we’re there in early Dec? Yes. BUT, because there IS a limit to how much cash/credit we have to spend, we will have to cut back in other areas (fewer souvenirs or table service meals) to make up the difference. And in the future, because of more up charges/fewer “freebees”, will we stop going to Disney all together? No. BUT we will not be able to go as often. We will be driving our camper to Ft Wilderness instead of staying at the CR (our favorite). I imagine many Disney families will be making similar changes to their Disney vacations instead of saying “That’s it- No more trips to WDW!” So I imagine Disney won’t see an immediate dramatic drop in attendance or profits, but if they stay on this trajectory of less perks/more up charges, it will eventually affect their bottom line.

Casper Gutman

Kind of like suggesting that people who do go and can afford it are making "very poor buying decisions". So gauche indeed.
Not in the slightest, but OK.

Look, one group is doing something that, over time, will make things worse for everybody. That group insists not only that they be allowed to do that thing, which of course they are, but that other people who have to deal with the consequences not even comment negatively on the activity in the mildest possible terms. This is not a unique pattern in America at the moment, although it is a very frivolous, fleeting, and ultimately unimportant example of the phenomenon.

Disstevefan1

I have been giving this some thought, I mean about Disney doing away with the old Halloween and Christmas parties and replacing them with these after hours parties.

As we all know the old Halloween and Christmas parties were over sold and SUPER MOBBED!

IF AND ONLY IF, they truly limit the attendance these after hours events these could be more enjoyable than the SUPER MOBBED parties of the past.

The only problem is I do not trust Disney and I think they will slowly increase the capacity of these events to the point that they become SUPER MOBBED too.

Time will tell..

Casper Gutman

I have been giving this some thought, I mean about Disney doing away with the old Halloween and Christmas parties and replacing them with these after hours parties.

As we all know the old Halloween and Christmas parties were over sold and SUPER MOBBED!

IF AND ONLY IF, they truly limit the attendance these after hours events these could be more enjoyable than the SUPER MOBBED parties of the past.

The only problem is I do not trust Disney and I think they will slowly increase the capacity of these events to the point that they become SUPER MOBBED too.

Time will tell..
Out of curiosity, when did they start being super mobbed.

I’m not a regular member on here but wanted to chime in anyway. I gave it a ton of back and forth and decided I will end up paying that money. Am I sucker? I don’t think so but I have spent probably the last 18 month at home and the stress of COVID really has me wanting to splurge. The idea of less lines during a busy time of year makes it feel worth it. Would I pay during non-pandemic times? Probably not but I really just want to relax and enjoy my vacation. I don’t think I’m ruining other people’s vacations I think I’m protecting mine and doing something extra special for myself after a rush year and a half.

GimpYancIent

I’m not a regular member on here but wanted to chime in anyway. I gave it a ton of back and forth and decided I will end up paying that money. Am I sucker? I don’t think so but I have spent probably the last 18 month at home and the stress of COVID really has me wanting to splurge. The idea of less lines during a busy time of year makes it feel worth it. Would I pay during non-pandemic times? Probably not but I really just want to relax and enjoy my vacation. I don’t think I’m ruining other people’s vacations I think I’m protecting mine and doing something extra special for myself after a rush year and a half.
Your Money, Your Time, its what you want. I sincerely hope you have a great time and enjoy. Be reassured a bunch of the complainers say things, but, go anyway and enjoy themselves.

Marriedatdisney

For years we’ve seen it get more and more crowded, to the point you can’t even walk around the parks. If they wont grow supply, reducing demand is the only other option. I’m willing to pay for a better experience, if it’s truly better. I think that will be the question. Paying a lot more for the same…. There are other options than disney properties…..

Disstevefan1

Out of curiosity, when did they start being super mobbed.
I don't know if you can put a date on when Halloween and Christmas parties ended up to be mobbed. I think they slowly increased attendance and before you knew it, MOBBED. I know the Christmas party I attended in Dec 2019 was mobbed.

Disstevefan1

For years we’ve seen it get more and more crowded, to the point you can’t even walk around the parks. If they wont grow supply, reducing demand is the only other option. I’m willing to pay for a better experience, if it’s truly better. I think that will be the question. Paying a lot more for the same…. There are other options than disney properties…..
I agree. My last visit to EPCOT was in November 2019 it was of course F&W and it was so crowded we could not get near a food booth to buy our $7 sample.

To reduce crowds they must truly limit attendance and then they would need to charge more.

The problem as you say, we would be simply paying more for the same thing, the difference being, lower crowds, IF they actually limited attendance, this would a better guest experience all other things being equal.

I say again, I don’t trust Disney to actually limit attendance. They will raise prices and let the parks fill to capacity anyway.

KBLovedDisney

So...are we just going to keep going with this Pay more and get less mantra Disney? Really?
black and white fly GIF by RocketJump

phillip9698

Time will tell..

The Halloween parties werent bad, been 6 times and the only lines that i ever saw that were just crazy were the lines to take pics with Jack and the 7 Dwarves. The ride lines were super short, candy lines were short, didnt have to line up early to view fireworks, and we always just walked up to a good parade spot.

One good thing about the parties is that hey started early enough where you could bring kids. A 9pm till 1am party is not kid friendly. And whether you agree or not, if these things replace MNSSHP they need to be kid friendly.

wutisgood

for the current after hours are they still charging for parking when people start coming in? I seem to remember them not checking at a certain point in the day a few years ago.

And if the parks were open as long as they should be every day Disney could sell a morning party for kids that people would prob do. I mean the night parties were never a really great deal if you had to leave early because kids were tired even when they start earlier.

Last edited:

plawren2

this event occurs our already scheduled first full MK day our next trip (Nov 11th), really messes up our plans set already for MK that day, will be kicked out at 9pm and without fastpass options, not sure what we can get done with 830a start without wasting times in long lines and no not interested in paying $169+tax per person for evening party event. We are looking at far less value, far less to experience (we are typical park open-to park close family) than any of our 12 trips dating back to 1990s-and at highest five day ticket and resort total cost we have ever experienced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom