News Disney Very Merriest After Hours

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Interesting that you don't watch them but you don't understand why others do. Maybe give them a try?
Honestly aside from cutting off Big Thunder and Splash Mountain from the rest of the park, the parades ability to drain lines at the rest of the park in my opinion is overstated.
They’re 10 minutes long and have long been a crutch for people to keep paying ridiculous increases to justify it to themselves…if you want to be honest and “adulting”.

Hcalvert

Wow, the pricing is high. But my husband and I will go. We are going to WDW over Thanksgiving and predicted that a party would be on Sunday after Thanksgiving and it is. Both of us are Christmas people, our house is over the top decorated inside and out during the season, we listen to a Christmas podcast that comes out on the 25th of each month, etc....it is our favorite time of year including our favorite time at the parks. So we have been saving up for the ticket and have planned for this to be our main Christmas present to each other this year. We missed not having the party last year when we were there in November since I hadn't experienced one since 2017 and he in 2016 (we experienced Christmas at Disneyland in 2018 & 2019). I do wish it was cheaper though.

With that being said, it is just the two of us. If we had more in our family that we were paying for it would give us pause to shell out the money for it. I can understand those who say they wouldn't put the the money for it and those that are disappointed that they are priced out. Everyone has to decide if what they spend their money on is worth it and to some, including me this is worth it.
I agree. I have the disposable income for this, but when I alluded to being priced out, I meant I don't think it's worth $750 for us to go. I plopped down nearly $325 for Villains After Hours in 2019 and felt it was worth it. I would go at that price point again. I am hoping if After Hours are offered during the summer, that the price point will be closer to $150/ticket, but I am thinking that that ship has sailed.

Hcalvert

They did send an email. Too bad I am not going....this made me feel all scroogy again---definitely not feeling the "holiday cheer" they are referencing. :cautious:

1628891208411.png

Last edited:

vikescaper

Yikes….my family was considering doing the Christmas party this year but after seeing the prices, we all said no. I guess we should have done it years ago while it was cheaper.

mightynine

With those prices, glad we took the plunge on the Christmas party in 2019. Over $400 for the equivalent date in 2021 - more than double!

And you have to wonder with the limited discounts for AP/DVC if that's a future indicator of how much they value your connection to the magic.

Last edited:

JS514

My wife and I will be there the week after thanksgiving. We typically splurge with Disney events and really anything Disney tbh, but it would cost us almost $500 with tax for us. We are already dropping $2,000 on a resort (which sadly isn’t bad) on top of our out of state Platinum AP’s. So now we have the decision to not eat on property for the entire week or go spend three hours to maybe get fake snowed on and not wait in line as long. It’s a real bummer. How on earth do they rationalize these prices?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Them prices are HIGH.

My sister and I decided we will go on November 19th.

Its easier to justify since we are dropping from a 3 day PH to 2 day PH in the process.
So for us its not $189+tax its more like $75 when you consider the savings from dropping from the 3 day to 2 day.

I'm not saying its not a crazy price but for us its just an easier one to swallow lol.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No answer until we see the capacity. Big capacity difference between the two.

To speak technically.
The answer is clear
Starts at 9a, goes to 1p.

Includes a parade and the ability to see two fireworks shows: the 50th, and the Christmas one.

Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, Fireworks and More Coming to Disney Very Merriest After Hours at Magic Kingdom!​

Twinkling lights, festive décor, and magical celebrations will fill Magic Kingdom Park during “Disney Very Merriest After Hours.” The event will take place on 24 select nights Nov. 8 through Dec. 21 from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. This year’s holiday celebration is truly “once in a lifetime,” coinciding with the Walt Disney World 50th anniversary – “The World’s Most Magical Celebration.” I can’t wait to unwrap all that festive fun!
Event dates are:​
November: 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 28, 30​
December: 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 19, 21​

We are so excited to let you know that “Disney Very Merriest After Hours” will include the nighttime spectacular “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks” and the special holiday-themed parade Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.” That’s right, a parade! Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will be joined by pals from Disney’s “Frozen” and many other favorite Disney characters including the very popular Toy Soldiers. This festive parade will, of course, also feature Santa Claus himself!

Tickets for the 4-hour “Disney Very Merriest After Hours” will grant admission to Magic Kingdom Park as early as 7 p.m., giving you more time to enjoy some of your favorite Magic Kingdom attractions. You can also take in EARidescent magic that will be part of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” from the brand-new fireworks spectacular “Disney Enchantment” to the transformation of Cinderella Castle into a “Beacon of Magic,” it’s all in honor of the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort. And, yes! That means you could be able to experience two different and unique fireworks shows in one night!

That’s not all that’s in store. Here are additional details of what you can experience during this limited-capacity, separately ticketed event:
  • Holiday attraction overlays are also making a comeback! The Jungle Cruise transforms into the Jingle Cruise, and Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor will get new jokes perfect for this joyful season.
  • After the park closes to day guests, enjoy less time waiting in line for more than 20 attractions including favorites like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, The Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Peter Pan’s Flight, Space Mountain and more.
  • Sightings of Disney characters throughout the park all dressed in their holiday best.
  • While you are walking down Main Street, U.S.A. be sure to look up to the sky, you might catch some magical snowfall!
  • Dance and boogie the night away at themed Club Tinsel dance party in Tomorrowland.
  • Enjoy complimentary snacks like ice cream novelties and popcorn, seasonal treats and select bottled beverages.
  • Specialty holiday food and drinks will also be available for purchase.
  • Disney PhotoPass will offer holiday magic shots throughout the night.
Tickets will go on sale Aug. 20 and can be purchased online or by calling 407-939-7947. Guests of select Disney Resort hotels, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels, as well as Shades of Green at Walt Disney World Resort can book their tickets as early as August 17. Tickets range from $169 to $229 plus tax for select November-December nights and $249, plus tax on December 19 & 21. Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of a $10 discount on select event dates in November. These dated event tickets do not require an additional day theme park ticket or Disney Park Pass theme park reservation.

Please check our Know Before You Go page for the most up-to-date information regarding our health and safety measures.

You can get additional information and buy your tickets by visiting the page for “Disney Very Merriest After Hours.” Stay tuned for more holiday news coming to the Disney Parks Blog!

Happy early holidays!
Thank Jesus for that $10 DVC savings…might have enough left over for some goose for tiny Tim?
Much lower attendance for this event. Whether that's an acceptable reason will vary from person to person.
You too?
Anyone else need a hand carrying that bucket?
Up to $62 PER HOUR - PER PERSON!

I enjoy Disney but this is getting ridiculous.
That Isn’t a good deal for a LUXURY location?

cslafferty

We only go to WDW once every other year, so we have lots of time to save. We went in 2019 and splurged to stayed at CR with a theme park view. This year we’re driving our RV down and staying at the Fort. Since we’re saving $$$$ on resort fees, we were prepared to pay for the Christmas party. Not happy that it’s shorter and more expensive, but bringing my sister and this will be her once and done WDW Christmas time trip. I’m really hoping they stay true to keeping attendance down. MVMCP had 2 parade showings - I can’t imagine those crowds all trying to see the one parade of the night!

TTA94

I should also mention that I know lots of people who will see the word “parade” and will not even blink before laying down their credit card.

So true. This will definitely sell out for many reasons. two nighttime shows, the return of a parade (which is major news for many), the simple fact it’s the holiday time that so many love! and missed out on last year.
I will be shocked if many dates are left after resort guests get their turn. But, we shall see.

lsujoe

Why are people upset with Chapek? I’ve seen a lot of people state that it’s Chapeks fault and at the same time stating that they will sell out. He would be a terrible CEO if pricing for the event was underpriced. Don’t get mad at Chapek, get mad at the customer paying those ridiculous prices.
It’s like hating the paparazzi. They harass and bother celebs because people buy the magazines and go the websites.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom