Okay, Who’s Booking at Star Wars: Galactic Cruiser?

Hcalvert

My husband, dad, and brother are planning on going if they can book it. I get that it is expensive, but it is something all three of them have been talking about for years. The experience would be a waste on me and my son since I haven't watched any of the new movies and my son hasn't even watched any at all.

Figments Friend

Every Vlogger's youtube cover when they blow their loads of cash staying there..
8fc.jpg

Wait....

Since when have vloggers ever paid ....?

😋

-

nickys

Premium Member
I still wonder what those, for example, Mom's who are not into it at all but go anyway with the husband and sons? I guess they would just watch the action but stick out because they wear regular clothes and don't participate in role playing? I was just wondering if disney has anything for those type people who go for the family to watch them but aren't interested in it at all? It would be alot of money for someone like that to pay. I say this because I would be one of those but would want to see what the kids were doing, but would probably be uninterested in it all for the most part.
It’s a day and a half, of which 3-4 hours will be in Galaxy’s Edge. I’m a very casual fan but I think some light sabre training, playing pew pew on the bridge and some role playing will be quite fun.

If you want to see what the kids are up to then you’ll have to at least go with it, even if you don’t actually play along. (But that could quite wearing for you and them, nothing will annoy them more than having Mum hanging about looking fed up. 😉)

But if it really isn’t your thing then there’s a lounge to chill in. I’m sure the bar staff will happily chat to you. Or if you really can’t be bothered, you could skip the return to the StarCruiser, hang about in DHS and then just get an Uber back to the front entrance.

I guess people in that position, be it Mum or Dad, have to decide whether to go with the family even if you know you’re not going to have fun, or have two nights and lots of me time in the parks. 2 nights at POP will probably be cheaper than paying for an extra person for this, albeit you’ll have food and park tickets to think about.

Minnesota disney fan

It’s a day and a half, of which 3-4 hours will be in Galaxy’s Edge. I’m a very casual fan but I think some light sabre training, playing pew pew on the bridge and some role playing will be quite fun.

If you want to see what the kids are up to then you’ll have to at least go with it, even if you don’t actually play along. (But that could quite wearing for you and them, nothing will annoy them more than having Mum hanging about looking fed up. 😉)

But if it really isn’t your thing then there’s a lounge to chill in. I’m sure the bar staff will happily chat to you. Or if you really can’t be bothered, you could skip the return to the StarCruiser, hang about in DHS and then just get an Uber back to the front entrance.

I guess people in that position, be it Mum or Dad, have to decide whether to go with the family even if you know you’re not going to have fun, or have two nights and lots of me time in the parks. 2 nights at POP will probably be cheaper than paying for an extra person for this, albeit you’ll have food and park tickets to think about.
LOL, I'm definitely not going - not my thing. I wasn't asking for me, but was just wondering how others who are not interested will do. I wouldn't pay for a ticket if I didn't want anything to do with SW. But I am sure there are some parents who are not so interested in it but are going anyway. I can't imagine a person paying that much who would rather be somewhere else, IMO. I hope we have trip reports about people who stay at the Star Cruiser. It will be interesting.

mf1972

are the new lightsabers a resort exclusive, or do they plan on selling them at galaxy’s edge also? probably cost a fortune either way.

In the Parks
Yes
I'm sure it would be fun but I'm saving up for a trip to Tokyo Disneyland which frankly seems more appealing to me though I am a huge Star Wars fan. I look forward to pictures & videos though. I am sure it will be a very special experience for those who take part.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
One of the things I'm looking at is whether it makes more sense to book SWGC the first 2 nights of a trip or the last 2. My initial thought process is that the first two nights at SWGC and then 3 or 4 at a moderate or deluxe is the way to go. Curious as to the reviews and how the dynamic of pre/post Disney factors in.

Rabflmom

But for that price, would it be fair to say you expect..oh I dunno...at least a pool?
But it is not just a hotel. It is a 2 day adventure like you were in outer space in a Star Wars episode. Pools are not part of the adventure. You will have a story line to follow. It will be like you are acting in a movie or living the part. You will have a job on your ship, You have to save the crew and ship from dangers etc. It will have lots of cms working this hotel-not just housekeeping front desk etc. because of the technology involved. It will be a different experience than being in a Disney Park or hotel. It will be different than being in any hotel. Might compare it to Space Camp but in a galaxy far far away. You will be the heroes or maybe even be defeated depending how your crew reacts to things. Everything will be included in the price including meals. It is not just for the room. Or did I misunderstand the whole concept? I am old. Not a huge Starwars fan and I would still think it would be an exciting couple of days with the right crew. Maybe it would not be a family trip if your kids are younger than preteens, but a time with your best friends.

MurphyJoe

But it is not just a hotel. It is a 2 day adventure like you were in outer space in a Star Wars episode. Pools are not part of the adventure. You will have a story line to follow. It will be like you are acting in a movie or living the part. You will have a job on your ship, You have to save the crew and ship from dangers etc. It will have lots of cms working this hotel-not just housekeeping front desk etc. because of the technology involved. It will be a different experience than being in a Disney Park or hotel. It will be different than being in any hotel. Might compare it to Space Camp but in a galaxy far far away. You will be the heroes or maybe even be defeated depending how your crew reacts to things. Everything will be included in the price including meals. It is not just for the room. Or did I misunderstand the whole concept? I am old. Not a huge Starwars fan and I would still think it would be an exciting couple of days with the right crew. Maybe it would not be a family trip if your kids are younger than preteens, but a time with your best friends.

From the 20 minute promo with some of the Imagineers behind the project you're close. The setup is the guests are passengers on the Starcruiser and depending on your actions and interactions with the cast the story can go in different directions. Apparently what happens in Batuu during the visit will also affect the story. Think of all the interactions Disney was pitching for the land when it was originally announced and that's what's on offer. Assist the First Order or help the Resistance, play a smuggler or stand back and watch, etc. Disney is also waving most of their adult costume regs for the experience so people can dress appropriately. If they pull it off like they're pitching it, it'll be kinda like stepping into a Star Wars film for two days.

Club Cooloholic

I really think at first glance this could have been a cool thing, but alas it does sound rather structured. Honestly they should have turned one of the cruise ships into a Star Wars themed boat with the restaurants, bars and kids clubs all themed to Star Wars. The cabins could have been themed ..the theater show could have been a night at the Palace of the brother of Jabba Hutt with a Alien singers and some sort gladiator fight with a monster vs a Jedi. And run 3D star wars movies on loop in the movie theater. That would have been awesome.

Club Cooloholic

They could have a pool...

MurphyJoe

I really think at first glance this could have been a cool thing, but alas it does sound rather structured. Honestly they should have turned one of the cruise ships into a Star Wars themed boat with the restaurants, bars and kids clubs all themed to Star Wars. The cabins could have been themed ..the theater show could have been a night at the Palace of the brother of Jabba Hutt with a Alien singers and some sort gladiator fight with a monster vs a Jedi. And run 3D star wars movies on loop in the movie theater. That would have been awesome.

I'm a-going to leave this here. https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-hyperspace-lounge

"IMAGINEER DANNY HANDKE ON THE LOOK, LIBATIONS, AND LOCALES OF A NEW EXPERIENCE COMING TO THE DISNEY WISH IN SUMMER 2022."

donsullivan

Premium Member
I like how the OP asked who was booking this and instead just got a ton of replies from people who aren't :)
The reality is that this experience isn't really targeted at the typical family visiting WDW. This a very specialized, specific experience targeted at Star Wars fans who are looking for something different. Disney never intended this to be where you stay when you visit WDW. It was intended to be a distinct destination for super fans of Star Wars and a destination all unto itself. That's why it's so small.

LadyPink

Not at this price. Also, I don't like Disney Star Wars. The movies didn't make sense and were pointless, why would I invest to live in this universe? If this was the original star wars and you had flexibilheity and less money, maybe. I wonder if the hotel will soly focus on Disney Star Wars and their characters or have original Star Wars characters too?

Hawkeye_2018

Not at this price. Also, I don't like Disney Star Wars. The movies didn't make sense and were pointless, why would I invest to live in this universe? If this was the original star wars and you had flexibilheity and less money, maybe. I wonder if the hotel will soly focus on Disney Star Wars and their characters or have original Star Wars characters too?
Solo, Rogue 1 and Mandalorian are a million times better than anything SW related post 1983

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom