Trip Report "I Know More About Disney Than You Two"

Hello!! Hello!! I'm heading back to the world in 16 days so my goal is to get this TR done before I go. I know, you probably don't have much faith in me--neither do I, frankly. But, "If you can dream it, you can do it", right? ;)

WHO:
IMG_0647.JPG

WHERE:

IMG_0299.JPEG

IMG_0229.JPEG

WHEN:
Wednesday, April 14th - Sunday, April 18th

THE TITLE:
The reason for our trip was b/c E wanted to be there on her birthday!! This would actually be the 2nd time she's been in Disney for it. So, obviously all along I figured that the title would have something to do with it. You know, "The Birthday Trip" or something original like that.🤣 I've mentioned in the past that I normally wait though until the end of the trip to decide what the title should be. On day 2 J made a comment to his mother & I that in our wildest dreams we couldn't have been prepared for. Right then & there E's birthday TR title was totally tossed from my mind & a new title was born!!

A sincere welcome to everyone reading!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I also have been reprimanded for taking photos in a forbidden area. However, I wasn't asked to delete them, just to stop taking them! I'm not sure what they think we are going to do with these photos!!
Exactly!! I could see if they had a sign posted or something but without that how are we supposed to know it's a forbidden area? I felt like he was treating me like I was 2 esp. with the way he stood over me to make sure I deleted it!! I was very embarrassed!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, APRIL 17TH

The day before THE dreaded day was already upon us.
IMG_0475.JPEG

E opened up her gift.
IMG_0477.JPEG

It was filled with lots of treats!!
IMG_0478.JPEG

Our Mine Train pics finally showed up!!
IMG_0479.JPG

IMG_0480.JPG

HS was on the agenda for that day!!
IMG_0482.JPEG

We headed here first.
IMG_0484.JPEG

I'm sure you all know why I took this one!!
IMG_0487.JPEG

IMG_0492.JPEG

IMG_0493.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, APRIL 17TH

Guess who finally brave enough to ride SDD!!
IMG_0498.JPEG

IMG_7925.JPEG

And, of course, he loved it!!
IMG_0501.JPG

And it warranted a pin also!! @MickeyCB--thanks a lot!! We were starting to go broke!! 🤣
IMG_0500.JPEG

I bought J that keychain & I got myself that lanyard for work.
IMG_0504.JPEG

Lunchtime!!
IMG_0505.JPEG

IMG_0506.JPEG

I got a beer flight. I can't remember what kind of drink E got.
IMG_0507.JPEG

This is really good. I highly recommend it!!
IMG_0508.JPEG

IMG_0509.JPEG

BwlrBry212

We got off here & I had quite a belittling experience. B/C I usually take TR notes at the end of the day I take quite a few pics so I have the time stamp of where we were when etc. This was one of those pics. See Officer Friendly there? He approached me when he saw me taking the pic & told me I needed to delete it off my phone b/c I took a picture in a "secure area". Anyone else out there have a photo similar to this or am I the only one among all the millions of people to visit WDW? Anyhow, it was the way he said it to me that irritated me. You would have thought I was a threat to national security. He stood there & made sure I deleted it.
A couple years ago, my friend A took a picture over the walls coming off the Epcot monorail ramp of the new security area construction and a security guard stopped me at the bottom of the ramp and told me to delete the picture that I took. I told him that I didn't even take any pictures and he could gladly see the last picture I took and that it was probably of food. So not only was I harassed for a picture I didn't take, it was of something that every single person riding the monorail can see and take pictures of...

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
SATURDAY, APRIL 17TH

View attachment 578108

View attachment 578117

View attachment 578110

And it warranted a pin also!! @MickeyCB--thanks a lot!! We were starting to go broke!! 🤣
View attachment 578109

View attachment 578111

Lunchtime!!
View attachment 578112

View attachment 578113

View attachment 578114

View attachment 578115

View attachment 578116

I think that drink is a California sunset. It looks like what Brad got a few times at the Baseline.

Songbird76

SATURDAY, APRIL 17TH

View attachment 578108

View attachment 578117

View attachment 578110

View attachment 578109

View attachment 578111

Lunchtime!!
View attachment 578112

View attachment 578113

View attachment 578114

View attachment 578115

View attachment 578116
Does the BB8 keychain light up and make sound? It looks like the same one my son got as his souvenier for our 2019 trip. He waited all the way through our 2 week vacation to make sure it was what he really wanted. He LOVES that keychain.

Minnesota disney fan

Sorry for all the " Like" attacks, LOL. I've finally caught up with your report.
I can't believe you had to delete that picture. I don't even know what the heck it is???? I guess I can't post it and get mega bucks from another country???? Oh well. Really, that was going overboard on the security guards part. Some people let a little power go to their heads. Anyway so fun seeing your meet up with locodriver and A:) Glad J tried riding those rides.
Speaking of pin trading? OMGosh, my husband and I meant to get only a few so he could inlay them in a wooden bowl he was making for me. Well, we got Hooked and spent alot of time at kiosks buying many more than we needed. It's so addicting (and expensive:)

lindawdw

I finally got caught up with your last few updates! J was making out like a bandit with all the treats and Disney pins!!! I'm so glad he is enjoying pin trading and collecting at Disney as it's one of our favorite things to do. Of course, it's not the same during COVID but we still enjoy checking out the pin boards and occasionally find a winner pin each trip! Let me know some of J's favorite characters so I can be sure to surprise him with some pins when we meet up in October. 🥰 So fun that you got to meet up with Loco driver and his wife!!! Loved seeing a popcorn bucket reappear in your TR!🤣 So proud of J for riding POTC again and also finally giving SDD a go as I knew he would love it!!!

AKemily

The CM didn't question us about our holiday bucket & just handed us the refill!! We were laughing so much about the whole thing that somehow some of the popcorn ended up on the ground!!
IMG_0459.JPEG
We got the same bucket (two actually) at that exact cart on our trip in November 2019 and without me even asking the CM there told me we could come get them refilled on any future trip. I'm surprised they do that though! I guess some novelty buckets aren't seasonal. Also, would I ever drag those buckets back to WDW from Canada? Fat chance! :hilarious:

I love how brave J has got on this trip! Thanks for sharing!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
A couple years ago, my friend A took a picture over the walls coming off the Epcot monorail ramp of the new security area construction and a security guard stopped me at the bottom of the ramp and told me to delete the picture that I took. I told him that I didn't even take any pictures and he could gladly see the last picture I took and that it was probably of food. So not only was I harassed for a picture I didn't take, it was of something that every single person riding the monorail can see and take pictures of...
How ridiculous!!
Exactly!! How many other people have taken the same picture??
I think that drink is a California sunset. It looks like what Brad got a few times at the Baseline.
Correct!!
J is smart. He knows you aren’t supposed to eat dryer lint.
Yet he still tried talking me into buying him another bag a few weeks ago......
Of course.

And an extra just for fun.
Thank you, thank you my friend!!
Does the BB8 keychain light up and make sound? It looks like the same one my son got as his souvenier for our 2019 trip. He waited all the way through our 2 week vacation to make sure it was what he really wanted. He LOVES that keychain.
I'm pretty sure it does!!
I miss you Bucky!!!
@Nunu , are you seeing this???
I miss him too!! He's no longer with me!! 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom