News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

EeyoreFan#24

I’m sticking with my conspiracy theory that the bus situation has something to do with scheduling, at least initially. Most of the deluxe are around MK or EPCOT, so in theory the extended hours only require half the required busses per extended night.

Kevin_W

just seems they have a different attitude about guest relations these days, like a “take or leave it” attitude that will likely get away with in the short term but I wonder after the next 12months if that @$!.) will flush after the pandemic pent up travel demand and the 50th wears off.
Yeah it makes me sad looking back on trips we took 8-10 years ago at far lower prices. I love Disney having taken our daughter there as she grew up but it's not on our list of vacations for at least the next year and a half. I hope the value gets better and it gets back on the list some day.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You are correct, sir.

The closest I've lived to Texas is a few years in Utah, which isn't, by most definitions, close at all.
Residents of any state in the SouthWest will likely be quite familiar with the pageantry inherent in the Quinceanera -- it's part of what makes living in the culturally diverse SouthWest so vibrant and interesting.

Hcalvert

Residents of any state in the SouthWest will likely be quite familiar with the pageantry inherent in the Quinceanera -- it's part of what makes living in the culturally diverse SouthWest so vibrant and interesting.
I live in NE Ohio and have been to several Quinceaneras--just depends on the cultural makeup of the communities surrounding where one lives as a lot of spanish-speaking countries in Central and South America as well as Puerto Rico also participate in this rite of passage. NE Ohio (west side of Cleveland particularly and what I have experience with) has a strong Central American representation from El Salvador, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Panama, and Puerto Rico to name a few.

dmw

In the Parks
No
I live in NE Ohio and have been to several Quinceaneras--just depends on the cultural makeup of the communities surrounding where one lives as a lot of spanish-speaking countries in Central and South America as well as Puerto Rico also participate in this rite of passage. NE Ohio (west side of Cleveland particularly and what I have experience with) has a strong Central American representation from El Salvador, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Panama, and Puerto Rico to name a few.
Interesting to note that I lived in San Diego and LA from 1981 through 1991 and never heard of this celebration during that time. It was just a few years ago that I learned about it from someone's facebook post. From what I could gather with some quick searches, this seems to be a celebration that has gained more popularity in the USA in more recent years.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Interesting to note that I lived in San Diego and LA from 1981 through 1991 and never heard of this celebration during that time. It was just a few years ago that I learned about it from someone's facebook post. From what I could gather with some quick searches, this seems to be a celebration that has gained more popularity in the USA in more recent years.
Oh. You must have lived in a poor neighborhood, then, where they couldn't afford elaborate celebrations. Understandable.

nickys

Premium Member
How is this enforced ? With halloween you get a special band so you can stay longer, but how do they do this with deluxe resorts ?
CMs will scan your bands at the entrance to every ride, just like they did for EMH when it was for all resort guests. They’ll probably also have roaming CMs with scanners who will direct those not eligible to the exit.

doctornick

CMs will scan your bands at the entrance to every ride, just like they did for EMH when it was for all resort guests. They’ll probably also have roaming CMs with scanners who will direct those not eligible to the exit.

Right, but IIRC they wouldn't really aggressively funnel guests out the way they do for the parties, it was more of a polite advising them to exit the park. They don't care that much if non eligible guests are sticking around shopping.

But only eligible guests can do the attractions.

DisneyDodo

100%. 4 extra hours per week spread over 2 parks and leaving the 2 parks with the most sought after rides out....isn't the least Disney could do, but its close.

Just another half baked throw away "benefit" to include in the 50th
Just wait until they announce that only a fraction of MK and Epcot will be open: "Guests of our Deluxe hotels will have exclusive access to Adventureland, including all of its attractions."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom