News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

EPICOT

I rode ROTR on august 2nd and in the right side elevator, the lightsaber in the ceiling was just dangling there the whole time. I rode a second time that day and the effect was then fixed in that elevator. Not sure how it was fixed when there was no downtime between my rides

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The most current advice I give to people these days:

1. use cellular data if you have full bars and skip Disney Wifi (turn it off). When at home for 7am I use home WIFI
2. Reboot phone 15 or so minutes before time to get a group
3. Don’t have anything else running in the background (apps, browsers, etc,)
4. Load MDE about 5 minutes prior to drop
5. Have another phone or browser open to TIME.IS and once you get to 15 seconds before drop time, then start staring at the clock on your own phone
6. Have you finger hovering right above the Join button on the main screen (w/ AT AT’s)
7. The instant it turns to 7am or 1pm hit Join. Your finger should be right over it that you don’t even have time to look down
8. On next screen hit JOIN again (middle of screen)
9. Next screen click CONTINUE at the bottom

The speed at which you do this you really shouldn’t even be able to see what else is on the screen as it’s irrelevant and your only concern is 3 button pushes as fast as possible. JOIN JOIN CONTINUE.

Good luck. Hallelujah. Where’s the Tylenol? 🤩😂🤩
Quick question, will the join button come up automatically at 7am without pulling down and refreshing? I’ve seen people talk about refreshing right before 7am.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Quick question, will the join button come up automatically at 7am without pulling down and refreshing? I’ve seen people talk about refreshing right before 7am.

Depends on the method.

If you sit on this screen, then you hit Join Virtual Queue right at 7am (or 1pm).

IMG_874E1542855A-1.jpeg

If you sit here, you'll need to pull down to refresh (or hit the < and then come back).

IMG_36C20E9ED7C3-1.jpeg

In the method @KevinPage talks about, click the join button, which will bring up the window with hopefully the blue Join button. When timed right with any of the methods, the Join button should there without refreshing.

IMG_D303CD8CB28F-1.jpeg

Last edited:

doctornick

I’ve read that the app automatically pre checks members in your party who have reservations for DHS that day. Is that correct so they’ll already be on when the “join” button is hit so you don’t have to waste time clicking to add?

doctornick

Also if you want multiple people in your party to try at the same time, do they all have to log in to separate accounts or can multiple phones be logged into the same account.

vikescaper

Also if you want multiple people in your party to try at the same time, do they all have to log in to separate accounts or can multiple phones be logged into the same account.
The way we do it is I am on my phone, logged into my account and my sister is on her phone, logged into her account. Since we are in the same planning party and go together to DHS, we figure one of us should be lucky enough to get a boarding group for both of us.

disneygeek90

I’ve read that the app automatically pre checks members in your party who have reservations for DHS that day. Is that correct so they’ll already be on when the “join” button is hit so you don’t have to waste time clicking to add?
Yes, no one has had to check party members for months. That’s the main reason the groups are gone so quickly now.

You can try on several devices under the same account at the same time. I recommend doing it together so you can communicate, but it doesn’t make a difference once someone gets a group.

Phicinfan

So we just got back from WDW. Yes, we had to refresh for the join button to show up, My wife God bless her, did all the above and we got in on our one day we had reservations for Hollywood studios. He got the app. ready at 6:59, counted to 45 and then jumped in and we got #35. Got into the ride at about 11:00am or so. It was a blast

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom