News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

Wow… that is nearly statistically impossible. Thanks for the chart. How is that even possible with such a large sample size.

They likely average days since it wouldn'tbe a real daily report.
I'm pretty sure that after the weekend break, they just report a number for 3 days and somebody (either FL or at the CDC) divides by 3. Since it isn't always divisible by 3 they shift a few cases around so the total works out.

pdude81

I'm pretty sure that after the weekend break, they just report a number for 3 days and somebody (either FL or at the CDC) divides by 3. Since it isn't always divisible by 3 they shift a few cases around so the total works out.
The funny part is that this one was divisible by 3. It's almost like they had their numbers finalized as division with remainders and then got another email at the end of the day with a few more cases.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
A bit of tongue and cheek though we have a Governor throughout the pandemic that didn’t want one life lost on his soul.

Illinois Gov left masks up to local school boards however it was too divisive. Gov took the heat off of elected board members and made the difficult call. All kids & staff will be in masks to start the school year. He tends to care about keeping us alive to the best of his ability anyhow. It will loose him some votes. He doesn’t care.

tlking88

This seems to be what’s really going on. Gottlieb was saying he thinks the actual infection rate may be 10x to 20x but that the virus itself is A) not dangerous to those vaccinated and b) gonna help to create the illusive herd immunity amongst those unvaccinated. He said the other day on CNBC this will most likely be the last big spike and we will just circulate the virus moving forward like the cold or flu.
I agree the numbers are probably higher all around because people using at home tests that aren't reported to the health departments. Also those that are vaccinated that aren't testing...

Overall, the trend is the same and unfortunately its looking like the raising numbers of last year with new strains...

tlking88

Different states have different rules. Florida has made it so proof of vaccines cannot be a condition for entrance. You can ask for proof, but you cannot deny service or entry because of it.
Also people were supposed to be tested.. Many people are reporting that they overheard people talking about how they got in with positive tests or that they had someone's negative test for themselves. So we are likely going to see a rise from that. Many people posted videos

disneygeek90

I agree the numbers are probably higher all around because people using at home tests that aren't reported to the health departments. Also those that are vaccinated that aren't testing...

Overall, the trend is the same and unfortunately its looking like the raising numbers of last year with new strains...
I don't understand the connotation that those that are vaccinated aren't testing. If someone is vaccinated and showing symptoms they should absolutely be tested unless they're not planning on leaving the house the next 10 days.

A lot of us are back to work, we need to be testing so we don't infect others further.

correcaminos

Also people were supposed to be tested.. Many people are reporting that they overheard people talking about how they got in with positive tests or that they had someone's negative test for themselves. So we are likely going to see a rise from that. Many people posted videos
Where are you talking about? Totally curious.

StarWarsGirl

A bit of tongue and cheek though we have a Governor throughout the pandemic that didn’t want one life lost on his soul.

Illinois Gov left masks up to local school boards however it was too divisive. Gov took the heat off of elected board members and made the difficult call. All kids & staff will be in masks to start the school year. He tends to care about keeping us alive to the best of his ability anyhow. It will loose him some votes. He doesn’t care.
Ours encouraged all of us to "Get the damn vaccine".

He left it up to schools to decide whether to reinstate masks or not. It's Maryland, though. People here tend to err on the side of caution. Very few people have whined at the districts that reinstated masks.

chrisvee

Premium Member
Consider yourself lucky. I've only been tested for the Pfizer-BioNTech trial. But that is 4 nasal swabs for me so far. If I ever do get sick, I have to self administer that test myself ;)
Oh no is it really as bad as they say? I’m flying home from WDW tomorrow and was planning to get tested next week.

correcaminos

Oh no is it really as bad as they say? I’m flying home from WDW tomorrow and was planning to get tested next week.
Keep in mind these are the really far up your nose for 10 seconds tests. Not all are this bad. My first one I could feel it for like a day after. I did hold my breath and I was pretty tense and it made my eyes water. If this is the far up your nose almost to your brain like mine, just tilt your head back. Do not hold your breath and inhale through your nose. I find it opens the passages for me and makes it less irritating. Last one I had a few weeks ago was nothing at all. I didn't even flinch or sneeze or anything. No lingering sensations either.

LittleBuford

Have you ever had water go up your nose while swimming? It's like a sharper version of that sensation. Really unpleasant, but it doesn't last long. I pinch my hand to distract myself while it's happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom