All Magic Kingdom Table Service Restaurants Booked for October 1

JohnD

Original Poster
Not surprised but all table service restaurants are booked for October 1. Today is 60 days out. The silver lining for me is that I won't be spending as much money that day.

kymie

I tried to get a reservation first thing this morning too with no luck. Not even the resorts around MK had any availability

JohnD

Original Poster
Kicking off the 50th... expect everything to be overly crowded and hard to access, especially at MK.
So I grabbed an ADR at Wilderness Cafe for an 11 am breakfast and Chef Mickey’s for 7pm dinner. I could release one or both later but holding them for now.

Last edited:

JohnD

Original Poster
I tried to get a reservation first thing this morning too with no luck. Not even the resorts around MK had any availability
Yeah. Probably because resort guests can make reservations 60 days out from check in and the length of their stay. Anyone with a Disney resort check in prior to 10/1 had first access to 10/1.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
My 60 day window was Saturday and at 6am all that was left was LATE skipper canteen reservations that will cut into fireworks viewing.
hunger games GIF

scoobygirl39541

So I grabbed an ADR at Wilderness Cafe for an 11 am breakfast and Chef Mickey’s for 7pm dinner. I could release one or both later but holding them for now.
Desperately looking for a Chef Mickey's around that time on October 6. We couldn't get a reservation there on our last trip and now it's looking to be another loss. Really hoping one pops up for our little guy.

We're in town Oct 3-8 and things are very slim pickings. Especially early dinners which we need for our LO.

JohnD

Original Poster
Desperately looking for a Chef Mickey's around that time on October 6. We couldn't get a reservation there on our last trip and now it's looking to be another loss. Really hoping one pops up for our little guy.

We're in town Oct 3-8 and things are very slim pickings. Especially early dinners which we need for our LO.

I feel bad for saying this but I snagged it for 6:55 on 10/1. Obviously, I'll hop out of MK, go the ADR, and return before the fireworks.

Do you have a resort stay? I guess you do because you would already have access to ADRs for the length of your trip. I'm staying off site so am making them day to day. Tomorrow I work on 10/5. I check out 10/6 so probably won't do an ADR. Maybe for breakfast?

Keep trying! You never know when it may pop up. If you see it immediately accept it, regardless of the time, THEN decide afterward if it works for you to keep or release. That's what I did. I clicked to accept as soon as I saw a time. You don't want to miss the opportunity of keeping it. Good luck!

Last edited:

scoobygirl39541

I feel bad for saying this but I snagged it for 6:55 on 10/1. Obviously, I'll hop out of MK, go the ADR, and return before the fireworks.

Do you have a resort stay? I guess you do because you would already have access to ADRs for the length of your trip. I'm staying off site so am making them day to day. Tomorrow I work on 10/5. I check out 10/6 so probably won't do an ADR. Maybe for breakfast?

Keep trying! You never know when it may pop up. If you see it immediately accept it, regardless of the time, THEN decide afterward if it works for you to keep or release. That's what I did. I clicked to accept as soon as I saw a time. You don't want to miss the opportunity of keeping it. Good luck!
Yeah, we're at AKL. Our 60 days just opened up yesterday so there's still time for people to drop it. We keep checking a refreshing multiple times a day!

Figments Friend

Yeah. Probably because resort guests can make reservations 60 days out from check in and the length of their stay. Anyone with a Disney resort check in prior to 10/1 had first access to 10/1.

Yep.
That was me last week...

Reservations were flying fast and furious when I was looking over options for the 1st.
First time ever in all the many visits I have taken and reserved in advance online that time options were literally disappearing every time I changed or refreshed the screen.
Never saw anything like that....
And I wasn't trying to reserve at 6am, either.
I actually looked after work...around 5pm and found some great options still availible.
Honestly, I was not expecting anything to still be availible...but I got lucky.

Like I had mentioned a couple of weeks ago -
For those coming to MK for October 1st : BRING YOUR OWN FOOD or snacks with you!
Lines for all counter services will be insane, ditto for the mobile ordering options.
Save your sanity - come prepared!

-

Figments Friend

I feel bad for saying this but I snagged it for 6:55 on 10/1. [/B] Obviously, I'll hop out of MK, go the ADR, and return before the fireworks.[/b]

Not sure what Disney is expecting for capacity numbers that day....but I would be a little nervous about leaving the Park on 'the big day'.
What if for some reason you can't get back in?
As a Day Guest staying off Properly, I would think that might be risky.
It's going to be crazy busy that day...and EVERYONE within a 500 mile radius is going to want to try to get into the MK that day.

Add into that all of the Guests from other Parks that will likely be trying to come into the MK later in the day ( Park Hopping ) just to see the debut of the new nighttime spectacle 'Enchantment'.
What is the guarentee that you will be able to get back in once you leave?
🤔

I don't want to make you worry, but when I read your comment about going over to the Contemp I felt concerned for you my friend.
I don't want you to find yourself 'locked out' of the Park that day......especially after trying for so long to get a Park Reservation to MK to begin with!

-

nickys

Premium Member
Not sure what Disney is expecting for capacity numbers that day....but I would be a little nervous about leaving the Park on 'the big day'.
It's going to be crazy busy that day...and EVERYONE within a 500 mile radius is going to want to try to get into the MK that day.

Add into that all of the Guests from other Parks that will likely be trying to come into the MK later in the day ( Park Hopping ) just to see the debut of the new nighttime spectacle 'Enchantment'.
🤔

I don't want to make you worry, but when I read your comment about going over to the Contemp I felt concerned for you my friend.
I don't want you to find yourself 'locked out' of the Park that day......especially after trying for so long to get a Park Reservation to MK to begin with!

-
But with park reservations they know how many will be there. And a park reservation guarantees you re-entry.

It will be those hopping to MK having got a reservation elsewhere that will be denied entry.

nickys

Premium Member
Yeah, we're at AKL. Our 60 days just opened up yesterday so there's still time for people to drop it. We keep checking a refreshing multiple times a day!
Have you used the Touring Plans reservation finder?

You need a basic, free, subscription and can have two active searches at any one time. You can be alerted by text or email and they send a link to the reservation page.
Tips:
1. If you don’t get it via the link, always try logging on and searching. There could be more than one opening.
2. If you are unsuccessful remember to restart your search.

JohnD

Original Poster

🤔

-
I’m already thinking about that. The ADR starts around 7 and could go as long as 8:30 or later. Fireworks are soon after at 9. Then there’s getting back to MK. Either monorail or walking. Even if I can get back in with park reservations that may still be too close for comfort. Probably better to remain in MK and release the ADR.

Last edited:

Figments Friend

But with park reservations they know how many will be there. And a park reservation guarantees you re-entry.

It will be those hopping to MK having got a reservation elsewhere that will be denied entry.
Thanks for the info.
I wasn't sure if on that particular day anything was going to be guaranteed.

-

Figments Friend

I’m already thinking about that. The ADR starts around 7 and could go as long as 8:30 or later. Fireworks are soon after at 9. Then there’s getting back to MK. Either monorail or walking. Even if I can get back in with park reservations that may still be too close for comfort. Probably better to remain in MK and release the ADR.

It's up to you my friend, but yes, you may well be cutting it close.

I personally would just walk over after your meal, don't bother waiting for the monorail.

And enjoy Chef Mickey's...don't cancel if you really want to dine there.
You are fortunate to have been able to get a reservation on that day!

And besides, the next best place to be on the actual 50th Birthday besides MK itself is the Contemporary ( or Poly! )
Savor the moment!
🙂

-

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks for the info.
I wasn't sure if on that particular day anything was going to be guaranteed.

-
I think they would need to tell people that in advance.

But there is literally no need to change things. The people with park reservations are a known number, and they don’t count people as they exit. If anyone will be prevented from entering it’ll be park hoppers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom