News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

EPCOTCenterLover

UNCgolf

Show.

I think DHS should utilize multiple theaters with "rotating" shows so that they can bring in the latest movie for 5-7 years. I recognize that Mary Poppins isn't exactly a new movie though, at this point I'm just looking for a change.

Isn't that basically how they did it during the 90s? Although I think the theater they used for that no longer exists.

RSoxNo1

Isn't that basically how they did it during the 90s? Although I think the theater they used for that no longer exists.
I don't think they ever really did that with shows, but they did do it with parades. I really like the idea of DHS being the go to spot for temporary attractions of brand new IP. A theater district and/or a blackbox attraction would allow for this.

J4546

i think they should make a bunch of new soarin movies that are specific to countries that epcot has pavilions for. Soarin over norway, soarin over china, etc.....and then rotate them monthly so that every month theres a new soarin experience thats specific to epcot

UNCgolf

I don't think they ever really did that with shows, but they did do it with parades. I really like the idea of DHS being the go to spot for temporary attractions of brand new IP. A theater district and/or a blackbox attraction would allow for this.

They had a Pocahontas show that ran for two years, then changed it to a Hunchback of Notre Dame show to correspond with that movie's release. But they let that one run for 6 years and then mostly abandoned the theater until they tore it down.

Basically they did it once and then gave up.

RSoxNo1

They had a Pocahontas show that ran for two years, then changed it to a Hunchback of Notre Dame show to correspond with that movie's release. But they let that one run for 6 years and then mostly abandoned the theater until they tore it down.

Basically they did it once and then gave up.
You're right, the Premiere theater did have some show cycling for a bit, but it wasn't really defined as such. It was used for the Comedy Warehouse show as well.

Right now they have the Frozen / Superstar theater, the Mickey Shorts / Sounds Dangerous theater, Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid. If you want to throw in live action stunt show type things, technically Indiana Jones could be rotated to the latest production of stunt show should they want to go down that route.

Bocabear

The Indiana Jones Stunt Show is just tired at this point.. It really is time to use that space for something better Maybe an Indy themed coaster and mini-land. The space used for that theater, backstage and Quick serve restaurant are almost as large as the Toy Story Land plot...especially is you throw in the never used Sounds Dangerous and Superstar theaters... The park could still use more attractions.

Phicinfan

The Indiana Jones Stunt Show is just tired at this point.. It really is time to use that space for something better Maybe an Indy themed coaster and mini-land. The space used for that theater, backstage and Quick serve restaurant are almost as large as the Toy Story Land plot...especially is you throw in the never used Sounds Dangerous and Superstar theaters... The park could still use more attractions.
I know we will never get it, as @marni1971 I am pretty sure stated US won't get it, but a Indy water ride using Shanghai Pirates tech would be soo great in that spot.

FigmentFan82

Indy def still deserves a good sizable presence in at least one of the parks (if they decide to movie him out of DHS). A grand adventurous boat ride would be glorious. Ima start willing it into existence.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know we will never get it, as @marni1971 I am pretty sure stated US won't get it, but a Indy water ride using Shanghai Pirates tech would be soo great in that spot.

Indy def still deserves a good sizable presence in at least one of the parks (if they decide to movie him out of DHS). A grand adventurous boat ride would be glorious. Ima start willing it into existence.
Something Indy is still mooted for the plot long term. Nothing is outright replacing the stunt show yet.

Of course this is after Indy on Animation was axed.

dennis-in-ct

Attachments

• dollywood.jpg
    dollywood.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 95

cookiee_munster

The plot it sits on (and surrounding area) is decently sized for some kind of land/attraction indy themed. Kind of hoping that Indy's next film will fare better with audiences and create a resurgence with the franchise.

rle4lunch

The plot it sits on (and surrounding area) is decently sized for some kind of land/attraction indy themed. Kind of hoping that Indy's next film will fare better with audiences and create a resurgence with the franchise.

Considering that its casting (minus Banderas, he's just awful) has been really good and that Lucas isn't directly involved, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Ponderer

Considering that its casting (minus Banderas, he's just awful) has been really good and that Lucas isn't directly involved, I'm cautiously optimistic.

I don’t know why people are blaming Lucas for anything. Lucas didn’t come up with, like, nuking the fridge. That was Spielberg’s idea. I’ve read the original story conference for Raiders. Almost everything that made Indiana Jones great came from Lucas.

Rich Brownn

I don’t know why people are blaming Lucas for anything. Lucas didn’t come up with, like, nuking the fridge. That was Spielberg’s idea. I’ve read the original story conference for Raiders. Almost everything that made Indiana Jones great came from Lucas.
That always cracked me up. People had an issue with the fridge but not falling out of an airplane in a rubber raft and surviving, falling over Victoria falls unhurt, or even a magical box that when opened kills Nazi's. Its like the people who complain Superman's cape doesn't rip but have no issue with him flying :D

GimpYancIent

What? That show always packed them in and will continue to do so. The sooner it is brought back and running the better. The coasters and mini land thing is tired cheap carny stuff.

UNCgolf

That always cracked me up. People had an issue with the fridge but not falling out of an airplane in a rubber raft and surviving, falling over Victoria falls unhurt, or even a magical box that when opened kills Nazi's. Its like the people who complain Superman's cape doesn't rip but have no issue with him flying :D

Eh, they're different things.

It's like when people said they didn't understand why anyone complained about unrealistic travel in the later seasons of Game of Thrones because the show had dragons. There's still a level of internal consistency necessary to help you suspend disbelief -- GoT set expectations in the early seasons that travel time mattered and then suddenly in the later seasons people are just essentially teleporting all over the place; it was noticeable and jarring in the context of the show. There's obviously unrealistic things in Indiana Jones, but just because there's some supernatural elements and some farfetched survivals doesn't mean doing literally anything is fine and doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom