News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I think about this a lot and I really wonder whether or not it's true. I think we were far more likely to be influenced by the people around us, parents, etc. I know I was. I'm horrified when I think about some of the things I believed.
Times have definitely changed that’s for sure. Some good and some bad

correcaminos

Going next week, I don’t care to wear a mask but how is wearing a mask on the attractions? I don’t know if it will but I just don’t want it the mask to take away from the thrill of the attraction. Like say Rock in Rollercoaster, one of the best things is getting the wind hit my face. Will the mask render that experience in your opinion?
Honestly didn't even notice on 99% FoP someone mentioned but even I didn't feel it was that different. Really didn't affect any rides for us. Our not so brave member of the group did have issues with screaming and keeping it on though. ;) I'm a ride junkie and RnR and EE were totally the same feel with it on for me. Same for BTM, Space Mt, Slinky, Etc. We did not get on splash as it was broken down all the days we tried.

The Plexiglas that is removed how was way worse.

Gran Fiesta

Honestly didn't even notice on 99% FoP someone mentioned but even I didn't feel it was that different. Really didn't affect any rides for us. Our not so brave member of the group did have issues with screaming and keeping it on though. ;) I'm a ride junkie and RnR and EE were totally the same feel with it on for me. Same for BTM, Space Mt, Slinky, Etc. We did not get on splash as it was broken down all the days we tried.

The Plexiglas that is removed how was way worse.
That’s what I really want to hear! Thank you so much! Does anyone know if they are bringing back plexiglass in the next week?

correcaminos

That’s what I really want to hear! Thank you so much! Does anyone know if they are bringing back plexiglass in the next week?
Fingers crossed that it's still gone. We had 2 days on RotR. First day no plexiglass as we were in the 1st row. Second we were 2nd row with it. It was fine, but did get in the way. I hope you have a great trip!

I think with the masks, feeling it through the forehead and hair was enough for me.

CaptainAmerica

CDC which stands for Centers for Disease Controls is made up of medical professionals to include scientists. Politics is an excuse of some not to wear a mask. Some are also poo-pooing or turning into Karens to test the " No mask No service " by going in unmasked.
Political decisions don't become scientific decisions just because scientists are the ones making them.

Science: Masks are x% effective.

Not science: Because masks are x% effective, we should (or should not) wear them.

ElvisMickey

The plexiglass is way worse than a mask. I'm 100% anti-mask, but it didn't really bother me for a week in the parks except when it rained. That was the only time it was over-the-top uncomfortable.
I’m 6’1” with broad shoulders and a football player build…the plexiglass was killing me in the queue for certain attraction, Gran Fiesta Tour for example. Claustrophobia was kicking in 😟

Casper Gutman

The CDC has screwed up the messaging. Comms has been awful. Evidence of this is that we are talking about masks instead of vaccine mandates imposed by every employer, big or small, and every other private institution. THATS where all the focus needs to be, with the CDC relentlessly on message. That, and expediting full FDA approval in any way necessary.

Vaccines work. If you want to do anything or work anywhere you need to be vaccinated. That’s the message.

Trauma

disneygeek90

Going next week, I don’t care to wear a mask but how is wearing a mask on the attractions? I don’t know if it will but I just don’t want it the mask to take away from the thrill of the attraction. Like say Rock in Rollercoaster, one of the best things is getting the wind hit my face. Will the mask render that experience in your opinion?
I’ve been going since the reopen, so it’s kind of a “back to normal” feeling. It’s most annoying on 3D rides because of the fog, but wearing it on space mountain? Doesn’t effect me at all.

Lilofan

I’m 6’1” with broad shoulders and a football player build…the plexiglass was killing me in the queue for certain attraction, Gran Fiesta Tour for example. Claustrophobia was kicking in 😟
Claustrophobia is being in a NYC subway during rush hour while visiting one of the greatest cities in the world.

Casper Gutman

I think these type of stories from CNN are very helpful.

Nothing screams go get your shot like, hey it’s not gonna work!
The media looks for the sensational and the new. Repeating “vaccines work” is not sensational or new. It doesn’t get clicks. The media is particularly prone to panic and irresponsibility now that the ratings are falling with the end of the last administration.

The media is a huge problem, and it’s hard to do anything about it without violating the very necessary constitutional protections it enjoys.

correcaminos

My husband couldn't even walk straight though ones like that. Not a big guy but very broad shoulders. As a shorty I hated them as the metal was too high and made me not see as well.

The rides were bad though with it too.
Claustrophobia is being in a NYC subway during rush hour while visiting one of the greatest cities in the world.
Nah, been there done that every time I go to work. This was worse.

ElvisMickey

My husband couldn't even walk straight though ones like that. Not a big guy but very broad shoulders. As a shorty I hated them as the metal was too high and made me not see as well.

The rides were bad though with it too.
Exactly! I wasn’t crazy about it anywhere, but for some reason Gran Fiesta Tour made me start twitching just a little lol.

CaptainAmerica

The CDC has screwed up the messaging. Comms has been awful. Evidence of this is that we are talking about masks instead of vaccine mandates imposed by every employer, big or small, and every other private institution. THATS where all the focus needs to be, with the CDC relentlessly on message. That, and expediting full FDA approval in any way necessary.

Vaccines work. If you want to do anything or work anywhere you need to be vaccinated. That’s the message.
Exactly. Being pro-vaccine should be the most anti-mask thing you can do.

Father Robinson

Before the internet, everything wasn’t politically slanted like it is now. We didn’t have to worry as much about what we are fed
So the internet is responsible for people in the news slanting everything. People became slanters in the news because of the internet.

Ok.

Not going to argue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom