So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

DisneyManOne

I hate pretty much everything about the Florida facade for what it's worth, haha. Also extra disgruntled by the fact that Small World pretty much completely caused @mickeyfan5534 and I to fail the Every Attraction Challenge.
I agree wholeheartedly. Also, legitimate question: Is there any way to move the entire building back a few dozen feet or so? Any way at all? I'm sure it would cost a hefty sum to drain the ride and move everything back, but I feel it would be worth in the end. The exterior of Florida's IASW is easily its weakest link, and I feel that if they were able to build the elaborate façade that the other parks have, it would make so much more of a difference. Plus, it would greatly open up that often-crowded pathway leading into Liberty Square.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
If this is the finished product it is bad, but I feel like this is just the first step. And I much prefer colors over boring white and gold.
I agree wholeheartedly. Also, legitimate question: Is there any way to move the entire building back a few dozen feet or so? Any way at all? I'm sure it would cost a hefty sum to drain the ride and move everything back, but I feel it would be worth in the end. The exterior of Florida's IASW is easily its weakest link, and I feel that if they were able to build the elaborate façade that the other parks have, it would make so much more of a difference. Plus, it would greatly open up that often-crowded pathway leading into Liberty Square.
I feel like if they could do a new extended queue/exit ramp near the Tangle Restrooms or replacing part of the Village Haus they could cut off a lot of the current queue allowing them to widen the pathway and open the facade a bit.

It's tough because the more elaborate facade would look super out of place with where it is in FL Fantasyland. And there really is no way to fix it without completely demolishing and rebuilding it somewhere else. Either our facade is always gonna be hidden away or it will stick out like a sore thumb.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
If this is the finished product it is bad, but I feel like this is just the first step. And I much prefer colors over boring white and gold.

I feel like if they could do a new extended queue/exit ramp near the Tangle Restrooms or replacing part of the Village Haus they could cut off a lot of the current queue allowing them to widen the pathway and open the facade a bit.

It's tough because the more elaborate facade would look super out of place with where it is in FL Fantasyland. And there really is no way to fix it without completely demolishing and rebuilding it somewhere else. Either our facade is always gonna be hidden away or it will stick out like a sore thumb.
Heck, Princess Fairytale Hall is enough room for a Pinnochio size QSR (Possibly with cutting into the store next to it slightly). There's also space in Storybook Circus. Cut Pinnocchio.

Use Half of Pinnocchio as a new queue for Small World before guests take ramps down into the Small World dock. Then you can demolish everything south of the loading station.

This allows a more impressive queue, a more "wow" moment when you first see the iconic facade. And you can nearly double the size of the tightest walkway in the park.

mickeyfan5534

Frankly, it'd be about the same amount of money to move it to the Speedway plot.

DisneyManOne

More so than there already is?
*glances at how Speedway intrudes on Fantasyland*

Yeah, maybe you have a point. I've mentioned this in so many of my "how I'd work with WDW" posts, up to and including MWDW, but I feel that if they turn Cosmic Ray's into a Fantasyland restaurant, build "small world" on the old Speedway area, and build a smaller building in Tomorrowland along that border in order to block views of "small world" from the side, there would still be reasonable border between the two, separated by the PeopleMover track. Maybe if the clock tower façade was tall enough, it could hide views of the TRON canopy from that vantage point.

They could always move Sonny Eclipse elsewhere, too. I do not want to see him removed for any reason. He's just too iconic.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Testing a thing! I'll let you know how it turns out in about 2 weeks and then I might start selling a few designs!

unnamed.jpg

tcool123

So recently (yesterday) I listened to both of these songs for the first time (the second one is a parody) and they both got stuck in my head. My brain jumbles the songs up and I can’t hear one without hearing the other.

Two things:

Im today days old realizing the parody song is a full length song and not a tik tok joke AND I just realized its a parody of American Boy idk how I never noticed ☠️

DisneyManOne

Heck, Princess Fairytale Hall is enough room for a Pinnochio size QSR (Possibly with cutting into the store next to it slightly). There's also space in Storybook Circus. Cut Pinnocchio.

Use Half of Pinnocchio as a new queue for Small World before guests take ramps down into the Small World dock. Then you can demolish everything south of the loading station.

This allows a more impressive queue, a more "wow" moment when you first see the iconic facade. And you can nearly double the size of the tightest walkway in the park.
I think that you could completely remove Pinocchio Village Haus and turn it into a queue for "small world." It would be feasible to build a Disneyland-style façade -- complete with a more elaborate time-marking ceremony -- directly north of the carousel, and still have it within the limits of the "Castle Village". You could even set it up so that you could keep the restrooms nearby.

Plus, with the arrival of the new façade, one could possibly revert back to the original style of the loading area, with the queue portion being set up almost like the office of a prominent sailor or timekeeper or cartographer. In fact, I know @mharrington came up with the idea of setting Magic Kingdom's IASW queue as if it were a cartographer's creation, so maybe that could work in real life.

smallworld_magickingdom1996ah.jpg

AceAstro

Question of the day: have you been watching the Olympics? If so, what’s your favorite sport?

I have been watching a lot of it! My favorite is the triathlon—the need to be good in 3 disciplines!
I’ve been obsessed with the Olympics (the time zones have been killing me but I’ve tried to watch as much as possible).

There are too many great sports to choose from though! All the water sports (diving, 100m, water polo, etc.) have been great considering how I don’t really watch them outside of the Olympics!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom