News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

ParentsOf4

So far, not a lot to get excited about.
  • 2 nights a week. What about the other 5 nights?
  • 2 hours per night. Really, that's about the least they could have gotten away with. Offering 1 hour would have gone over like a lead balloon.
  • Monday's and Wednesday's. Monday's to Wednesday's are the days with lowest hotel occupancy, particularly at Deluxe Resorts.
So far, it seems like an attempt to boost Deluxe Resort occupancy on the slowest nights of the week.

I gotta believe this is just an initial rollout and that Disney eventually will expand this to 4 nights per week, one night at each park.

UNCgolf

So far, not a lot to get excited about.
  • 2 nights a week. What about the other 5 nights?
  • 2 hours per night. Really, that's about the least they could have gotten away with. Offering 1 hour would have gone over like a lead balloon.
  • Monday's and Wednesday's. Monday's to Wednesday's are the days with lowest hotel occupancy, particularly at Deluxe Resorts.
So far, it seems like an attempt to boost Deluxe Resort hotel occupancy.

I gotta believe this is just an initial rollout and that Disney eventually will expand this to 4 nights per week, one night at each park.

With the current state of EPCOT, the extra two hours at night is basically just a chance for them to sell more alcohol.

deix15x8

Yikes, seems like MK will be closing at 9 most nights of the week in October.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays including Boo Bash, right?
It'll be closing at 9 every night. They've seen the backlash on the Boo Bash being paid for hours already paid for, they aren't going to allow the close time to differ more than the current 30 minutes on those days.

deix15x8

One of the main complaints they've heard for years is that they take away hours of park time that people paid tickets for and double charge them. They aren't doing that now. Both the Boo Bash and Evening Hours start after the usual close (though Boo Bash does shift the close 30 minutes to help ease the transition). I doubt they will want to go back to non party/evening nights being open an extra 1-2 hours since it brings back the old argument and devalues the two offerings.

doctornick

I mean… this extra hours has real value if you can get a reduced line for slinky/RnRC and Pandora by close. AK and HS should be the focus of the offering.

Yep, that's the irony. You'd get the most value of these late night hours at DAK or DHS since they have the newest stuff with the largest crowds.

I do wonder for DHS if the issue would be on how to perhaps run RotR?

NoChesterHester

Yep, that's the irony. You'd get the most value of these late night hours at DAK or DHS since they have the newest stuff with the largest crowds.

I do wonder for DHS if the issue would be on how to perhaps run RotR?
I just don’t see that as an issue with Boarding Groups and the early day limit to distribution.

Jeff4272

I don’t believe the list is complete. At the very least, they don’t intend to only have two nights per week indefinitely.
I was thinking same thing.

but on the other side of it, closing MK at 9pm for the first month+ of the 50th anniversary seems terrible to all other guests. I would have thought it would be midnight on the non Halloween party nights.

just seems they have a different attitude about guest relations these days, like a “take or leave it” attitude that will likely get away with in the short term but I wonder after the next 12months if that @$!.) will flush after the pandemic pent up travel demand and the 50th wears off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom