News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incomudro

This brings to mind what I dealt with last year at the height of covid.

We had to stand in line for extended periods of time outside of Home Depot, and Wallmart because they were only letting 50 people into these massive stores at a time.
Sometimes down wind from each other.
I wasn't very comfortable with that.

I found that to be worse than actually being inside, where we had the ability to stay much further away from each other.

Lilofan

This brings to mind what I dealt with last year at the height of covid.

We had to stand in line for extended periods of time outside of Home Depot, and Wallmart because they were only letting 50 people into these massive stores at a time.
Sometimes down wind from each other.
I wasn't very comfortable with that.

I found that to be worse than actually being inside, where we had the ability to stay much further away from each other.
And the ones who had to deal with winter conditions made it even more challenging.

correcaminos

No one was saying to was difficult.

We were questioning why it includes outdoor portions of a que

They could just as easily have a CM remind you at the entrance to the “inside”.

This is a minor thing anyways, it’s just weird and less than comfortable in the summer heat.
Actually the post I quoted said it was tricky to define where masks started for the line. I was reassuring them it wasn't tricky to figure out. For simplicity sake they just say where the CM is at the entrance. Pretty easy. Nothing I replied to had to do with what you were saying. But.....

I really would not have been wanting to stand out in some of the lines with a mask to be honest in June. Air flow is a huge thing though and it is much harder when out in the open to transmit. I'm glad they do it the way they did.

Rob562

What are the demographics of the infected? What was the nature of the interpersonal interactions?

Since I now personally know at least 7 of the cases from Provincetown, I figured I'd chine in. All of my friends were vaccinated. All are in the 30-45 age category. All had mild-to-moderate symptoms (more on that "moderate" bit in a moment). A couple venues in town required proof of vaccination for entry. Masks were mostly non-existent, though at the time that was the state and CDC guidance.

One friend is a nurse who works in clinical research. Here's what he had to say (which he posted in a public post on FB):
"1. I traveled to Provincetown with the understanding that vaccinated people were at a low risk of contracting Covid because that is what the science at the time was saying and therefore do not regret my decision to attend bear week and think any shaming of people who made this decision is counterproductive and gross.

2. The science has shifted as it tends to based on new data and while I wasn't aware I was engaging in a real life experiment at the time, I am glad what happened in Provincetown is in part guiding the new CDC recommendations.

3. While I'm extremely relieved my breakthrough infection of Covid wasn't severe and did not result in hospitalization, I want to stress for me it was extremely unpleasant. My symptoms included intermittent fever, night sweats, chills, sore throat, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, tachycardia, elevated blood pressure, nausea, nightmares, anxiety, all over body aches, extreme fatigue, disorientation, brain fog (still ongoing). Basically it super sucked and isn't something I'd recommend to anyone which brings me to.....

4. If you have not gotten vaccinated, now is the time. Please. Unless we reach a point where nearly everyone who is eligible receives a vaccine, new variants will keep popping up and breakthrough infections will become more frequent."

-Rob

Last edited:

disneygeek90

No one was saying to was difficult.

We were questioning why it includes outdoor portions of a que

They could just as easily have a CM remind you at the entrance to the “inside”.

This is a minor thing anyways, it’s just weird and less than comfortable in the summer heat.
That would require extra staffing that may not be feasible. It’s fine how it is, sure it’s a little annoying but 95% of guests were wearing masks inside today as opposed to about 5% a week ago, so I consider that a success given the state numbers.

Nubs70

Since I now personally know at least 7 of the cases from Provincetown, I figured I'd chine in. All of my friends were vaccinated. All are in the 30-45 age category. All had mild-to-moderate symptoms (more on that "moderate" bit in a moment). A couple venues in town required proof of vaccination for entry. Masks were mostly non-existent, though at the time that was the state and CDC guidance.

One friend is a nurse who works in clinical research. Here's what he had to say (which he posted in a public post on FB):
"1. I traveled to Provincetown with the understanding that vaccinated people were at a low risk of contracting Covid because that is what the science at the time was saying and therefore do not regret my decision to attend bear week and think any shaming of people who made this decision is counterproductive and gross.

2. The science has shifted as it tends to based on new data and while I wasn't aware I was engaging in a real life experiment at the time, I am glad what happened in Provincetown is in part guiding the new CDC recommendations.

3. While I'm extremely relieved my breakthrough infection of Covid wasn't severe and did not result in hospitalization, I want to stress for me it was extremely unpleasant. My symptoms included intermittent fever, night sweats, chills, sore throat, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, tachycardia, elevated blood pressure, nausea, nightmares, anxiety, all over body aches, extreme fatigue, disorientation, brain fog (still ongoing). Basically it super sucked and isn't something I'd recommend to anyone which brings me to.....

4. If you have not gotten vaccinated, now is the time. Please. Unless we reach a point where nearly everyone who is eligible receives a vaccine, new variants will keep popping up and breakthrough infections will become more frequent."

-Rob
With a.large majority infected.being vaccinated, the behavior of Ptown Delta is very different than UK Delta. Could we be seeing ADE?

"Antibody-dependent enhancement of virus infection and disease - PubMed" https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12725690/

StarWarsGirl

You do realize there were other factors in play, don't you?
Of course. The fact that I no longer work in an office certainly helps. But I used to have a cold at least once a month. It's been over a year since I've had one, and our mask mandates came down a while ago and I don't live like a hermit. So I believe that yes the masks are helping.

The masks have other benefits for me personally. During the height of allergy season they're helpful to wear outside to not breathe in all the junk. I have asthma that's triggered by cold weather, and I find having it on helps. I'm sure I look ridiculous shoveling snow with a mask on, but it's the only way I can do it without wheezing.

skypilot2922

Don’t do the hoax thing, Bud.

its not a conspiracy…infections and hospitalizations are way up…especially in unvax zones …and breakthrough infections are being found.

they had a few on Royal Caribbean this week in the Bahamas - for example.

work the problem…don’t foretell of the boogeyman

no conspiracy necessary, CDC’s leaked internal document listed those as the reason why.

when Govt agencies make policies like this they need to provide the supporting data. Not lies and exaggerations ‘For our own good’. As that builds something called trust which is in short suppy these days

If you have a cluster of breakthrough infections it behooves one to figure out why. Bad vaccine, improperly handled vaccine, counterfeit vaccine. Or unvaccinated people with counterfeit vaccination cards. That’s called science

US govt has done a lousy job of vaccination tracking, I got my shots at a state govt sponsored vaccination site. Being a CLEAR customer wanted to use their vaccination passport app. Turns out I cant because state/federal vax sites never created a EHR record. If i had gone to local Walgreens one would have been created and it would have been available for use.

Also NO vaccine is 100% effective so there will always be breakthrough infections. Heck I got chicken pox as an older teen even though i had all the proper vaccinations for it.

Britain’s approach of vaccination and the realization that zero covid is not a realistic or attainable goal. And deciding to do business as usual is the only way forward.

skypilot2922

With a.large majority infected.being vaccinated, the behavior of Ptown Delta is very different than UK Delta. Could we be seeing ADE?

"Antibody-dependent enhancement of virus infection and disease - PubMed" https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12725690/

This is the kind of stuff more need to see, a science based possible explanation of what we are seeing. Not Officials announce scary new virus variant.

Of course RNA virii mutate by 2 base pairs per month thats why we have a flu shot every year because there is always a new flu virus.

if same needed for covid so be it, you’ll get your combo shot every fall

full disclosure in college first job was in a lab working with Yersina Pestis, ie the black plague. I was working on a early DNA sequencer. However if you became infected you were dead.

Its why i dont succumb to the Covid panic because i know there are a heckuva lot of even worse diseases which actually do merit the level of panic fanned by the Karens of the workd.

what I’m afraid of if one of these diseases gets loose, Govt and Media squandered trust by overreacting to Covid. And people will not listen when something really bad gets loose because of the loss of trust

Last edited:

Chip Chipperson

This is the kind of stuff more need to see, a science based possible explanation of what we are seeing. Not Officials announce scary new virus variant.

Of course RNA virii mutate by 2 base pairs per month thats why we have a flu shot every year because there is always a new flu virus.

full disclosure in college first job was in a lab working with Yersina Pestis, ie the black plague. I was working on a early DNA sequencer. However if you became infected you were dead.

Its why i dont succumb to the Covid panic because i know there are a heckuva lot of even worse diseases which actually do merit the level of panic fanned by the Karens of the workd.

what I’m afraid of if one of these diseases gets loose, Govt and Media squandered trust by overreacting to Covid. And people will not listen when something really bad gets loose because of the loss of trust

They overreacted to a virus that's killed 629,000 Americans even with mitigations in place???? I'd hate to see what would result from reacting "just right."

Trauma

Why do you say if your became infected with the Black Plague you where dead ?

They have antibiotic treatments available.

It’s a very serious thing but it’s not guaranteed to be fatal.

Lilofan

Of course. The fact that I no longer work in an office certainly helps. But I used to have a cold at least once a month. It's been over a year since I've had one, and our mask mandates came down a while ago and I don't live like a hermit. So I believe that yes the masks are helping.

The masks have other benefits for me personally. During the height of allergy season they're helpful to wear outside to not breathe in all the junk. I have asthma that's triggered by cold weather, and I find having it on helps. I'm sure I look ridiculous shoveling snow with a mask on, but it's the only way I can do it without wheezing.
I'm no doctor but some in my extended family are but having asthma combined with strenuous activity ( ie shoveling snow ), is not a good idea.

Jrb1979

and then there will be another panic over something or a new variant. Covid isn’t going away and many will never get the jab
I guess you will be wearing masks off and on for awhile.

IMO since masks are back lifting then should be tied to vacination percentage.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I guess you will be wearing masks off and on for awhile.

IMO since masks are back lifting then should be tied to vacination percentage.
But not everyone will get jabbed so there will still be a risk. I think we should all mask maybe even double mask forever just to be safe. 👀🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom