Disney to mandate full vaccinations to employees

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I guess I was wondering which employees are unioned? Performers? Housekeeping? Lifeguards?
Most of the full time hourly workers at the parks. Not college program and not management. There are multiple unions depending on the type of work. They also have non-union workers in their studios, ABC/ESPN and networks and corporate offices. The release said salaried non-union workers but they are working towards expanding that to everyone.

RememberWhen

Most of the full time hourly workers at the parks. Not college program and not management. There are multiple unions depending on the type of work. They also have non-union workers in their studios, ABC/ESPN and networks and corporate offices. The release said salaried non-union workers but they are working towards expanding that to everyone.
Thanks! It’s hard to gauge what it really means without knowing how many (what proportion) of the employees they’re talking about. Mostly I’m interested in the park employees, but it’s interesting information either way.

We all know it's not an approved vaccine at this point, right? It's an experimental drug with a wide range of serious side effects. I would be filling out a workers comp claim immediately after the shot and only getting the shot if it was explained to me in detail what's in the shot and getting my employer to take responsibility for all lost wages/medical bills should anything happen in my life that was traced back to this.

bryanfze55

Like Steve Rogers up there, I am pro-vaccine, I have my vaccine, and I want everyone to get it. With that being said, it seems odd to mandate a vaccine that hasn’t been FDA approved. I mean, I took it before FDA approval due to my own personal risk assessment - but as far as I know, every vaccine mandated in public schools, for instance, is FDA approved. I’m all for encouraging employees to get it. But a mandate is a bit much when we are missing a pretty key step in the process. Still, they are certainly free to do so.

Brian

Maybe they will get a cookie…or a fancy bandaid😂

In all seriousness what they should negotiate is paid sick time for anyone who has a reaction after the vaccine shots or even 8 or 16 hours of extra time off to compensate them.
They have 4 hours of paid time off for the vaccine. Now that the vaccine compulsory, it'll probably be taken away.

Just the chance of workers being off with almost no notice would put a strain on staff.
That's called FMLA ;)

HeartOfTeFiti

Maybe they will get a cookie…or a fancy bandaid😂

In all seriousness what they should negotiate is paid sick time for anyone who has a reaction after the vaccine shots or even 8 or 16 hours of extra time off to compensate them.
Definitely, everyone should get paid sick time to recover from any vaccine reaction. I know I could not have worked the following day. Although I scheduled mine for a Friday in anticipation of this.

Lilofan

Definitely, everyone should get paid sick time to recover from any vaccine reaction. I know I could not have worked the following day. Although I scheduled mine for a Friday in anticipation of this.
With Disney needing to talk to cast member unions that idea is probably on the table of many discussions.

Brian

With Disney needing to talk to cast member unions that idea is probably on the table of many discussions.
Companies with 500 or fewer employees are entitled to claim a dollar-for-dollar tax credit to offer up to 10 days of paid leave for reasons including adverse reactions to receiving the vaccine. While Disney obviously wouldn't be eligible for that tax credit, they would likely model it after that program.

celluloid

We all know it's not an approved vaccine at this point, right? It's an experimental drug with a wide range of serious side effects. I would be filling out a workers comp claim immediately after the shot and only getting the shot if it was explained to me in detail what's in the shot and getting my employer to take responsibility for all lost wages/medical bills should anything happen in my life that was traced back to this.
That is now how it works. You know if you want to continue employment or work there if hired it is a requirement.

FDA approves a lot of things that are not good for you. It is not an end all be all. This vaccines go through the most rigorously tested processes of any medication.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
With this delta wave ramping up I wouldn’t be surprised to see more colleges start Mandating vaccines for students as well. Makes a lot of sense for the well being of the students and the campus life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom