HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

SweetDuffy101

So... update to PhilharMagic with new Coco scene is NOT coming to HKDL's version despite many rumours and the fact that it is coming to three parks around the world, with two of them (DCA and DLP) having weak versions of the show compared to HK... weird 😬
Anyone has explanations to that ?
Maybe this time Tokyo and HK doesn't really have a plan to renew the ride or it might be in the next chopping block for a new attraction.

PiratesMansion

Maybe this time Tokyo and HK doesn't really have a plan to renew the ride or it might be in the next chopping block for a new attraction.
But Tokyo in particular doesn't tend to make changes for the sake of it. It seemed popular enough two years ago pre-pandemic. I imagine it's fine there unless they've decided they're ready for something else in that space.

I may be wrong, but I don't believe Hong Kong has ever updated anything unless it was being reskinned or replaced. I'm not sure if they've ever plussed something just because.

PymParty

I may be wrong, but I don't believe Hong Kong has ever updated anything unless it was being reskinned or replaced. I'm not sure if they've ever plussed something just because.
They did update the ride footage in the Iron Man Experience at some point, with the new expanded castle and Arendelle in the background (they weren’t present in the video when the ride opened)

SweetDuffy101

But Tokyo in particular doesn't tend to make changes for the sake of it. It seemed popular enough two years ago pre-pandemic. I imagine it's fine there unless they've decided they're ready for something else in that space.

I mean they removed the sponsor at Philharmagic this year at Tokyo Disneyland, It could mean something atleast, The attraction is outdated and one of the unpopular attractions in Fantasyland.

PiratesMansion

They did update the ride footage in the Iron Man Experience at some point, with the new expanded castle and Arendelle in the background (they weren’t present in the video when the ride opened)
But one of the central conceits of IME is that you're leaving from Hong Kong Disneyland, and if that's the case, it's basic continuity to ensure that the castle in the film matches the one in the park. To me, that's a different thing and I would distinguish that from plussing that exists explicitly to make an attraction/area better or draw people back to an older attraction.
I mean they removed the sponsor at Philharmagic this year at Tokyo Disneyland, It could mean something atleast, The attraction is outdated and one of the unpopular attractions in Fantasyland.
Perhaps there's something to it then. I do think it would be a shame to lose Philharmagic in Tokyo because of the continuity with Mickey Mouse Revue, but I suppose the limited shelf life of 3D attractions* once again rears its ugly head.

*this operating principle not valid in Florida

HKDLer

Any news on the new nighttime show?
It all depends on the reopening of international and mainland borders. Right now HK is still having very strict travel curbs and an unclear roadmap for quarantine-free travel despite the low infection rates. The park however will be open 7 days a week starting from September so I guess maybe they're expecting some sort of travel corridors to be opened?

HKDLer

Leaked plans of the Avengers (TOT) ride?
IMG_5461.png

Source: https://www.instagram.com/yellowwong110/

Last edited:

fradz

Leaked plans of the Avengers (TOT) ride?
View attachment 575170
Source: https://www.instagram.com/yellowwong110/

That is indeed a TOT DCA/WDSP style, but it is apparently just for reference only, not a leak.
The text on the story says:
"Hong Kong Disneyland's 2018-2023 expansion & development plan finale park: The Avengers Base was originally scheduled to be completed in 2023.
(Expected area of expansion - Design for reference only) <--- your screenshot
According to the operating conditions in the next 2 years. Autopia (馳車天地 is Autopia's name I think?)'s original land is divided into 2-3 stages to start the construction project, which is more advantageous than one amusement facility occupying the entire land"

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
That is indeed a TOT DCA/WDSP style, but it is apparently just for reference only, not a leak.
The text on the story says:
"Hong Kong Disneyland's 2018-2023 expansion & development plan finale park: The Avengers Base was originally scheduled to be completed in 2023.
(Expected area of expansion - Design for reference only) <--- your screenshot
According to the operating conditions in the next 2 years. Autopia (馳車天地 is Autopia's name I think?)'s original land is divided into 2-3 stages to start the construction project, which is more advantageous than one amusement facility occupying the entire land"
How big is the planned Quinjet E-ticket to begin with? Surely it wouldn't take up the entire Autopia plot (since it would be duplicated at DCA and maybe WDSP)?

Looks like the GG/MP/TSL card is being played again for HKDL...

fradz

How big is the planned Quinjet E-ticket to begin with? Surely it wouldn't take up the entire Autopia plot (since it would be duplicated at DCA and maybe WDSP)?
Well there's:
Up to 2 ha (20 000 m²) for the WDSP Avengers E-Ticket if it replaces the whole surrounding area of the stunt show, but more realistically, it would be more like 1,1ha:
1627477657368.png

Roughly 1,5 ha (15 000 m²) for DCA if we're being generous and taking the whole parking area, otherwise, more realistically, 1,1ha:

1627477383621.png

In HKDL the area cleared is around 1ha (10 000 m²) taking into account the building bottom right, otherwise 0.9ha.

1627477845008.png

I did these screenshots with the idea that the entrance would be on the top of the pictures. All matching pretty well

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom