Disney posting 'No Live Streaming, No Video and No Photos' in guest areas

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
Was just at the Contemporary Resort and there are now signs up saying No Live Streaming, No Video, No Photos in some areas of the hotel. One was posted outside of the Wave entrance which is now walled off.

I know these popped up in backstage areas a few weeks ago, but this is the first I have seen in guest areas.

Wonder how far this will go.

Bob Harlem

Was just at the Contemporary Resort and there are now signs up saying No Live Streaming, No Video, No Photos in some areas of the hotel. One was posted outside of the Wave entrance which is now walled off.

I know these popped up in backstage areas a few weeks ago, but this is the first I have seen in guest areas.

Need to send a call out to the vloggers quickly so they can live stream this sign.

CJR

I don't like it, but I'm not going to read too much into it. They probably feared people would try to snap a photo behind the curtain. You'd think if Disney put up a curtain, it should be obvious that people would know not to photograph behind it. Unfortunately, some people don't understand it.

If it were to become a more common sight, I would call it "bad show".

EeyoreFan#24

Given the fact it’s on an easel right next to a FAM branded sign, also on an easel. It’s probably temporary. Also, looks to be directed at contractors and facilities people from the last line. I think we have seen these at other site check ins like galaxies edge if I remember correctly, but this is more public. However, I’m suprised it didn’t get put directly inside the curtain instead.

Lilofan

Did you film what you saw?😉

the.dreamfinder

One thing that’s really interesting about the TDR vloggers is they almost always censor the faces of passersby because it’s a social norm there.

celluloid

How weird. Guests have a birds eye view of the large tron construction site but yet they put up a sign for a restaurant remodel?

Or an entire theme park attraction was getting rethemed scenes and the construction went on as the ride was operational, at certain points with hard hat cruise present. The times are really funky and different.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't like it, but I'm not going to read too much into it. They probably feared people would try to snap a photo behind the curtain. You'd think if Disney put up a curtain, it should be obvious that people would know not to photograph behind it. Unfortunately, some people don't understand it.

If it were to become a more common sight, I would call it "bad show".

They fact that the sign includes photography strongly suggests that this is target at a certain area and not the beginning of something bigger. I could see Disney cracking down on live streaming, but there is no way they are going to forbid photography.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Good. Too many damn vloggers enough as there is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom