October 2022

Meghan McCrary

Original Poster
We are planning to go mid-October of next year, but none of the Monorail resorts seem to just show a standard view. Am I missing a window or something? Surely they're not all booked 15 months out?

In the Parks
Yes
We are planning to go mid-October of next year, but none of the Monorail resorts seem to just show a standard view. Am I missing a window or something? Surely they're not all booked 15 months out?
If a certain room type is completely booked out, then the room search results will still show that type of room but instead of a price quote it will have the message "This room type is unavailable for the dates, party size or offer selected." If you're not seeing a standard view in the list with that message, you're probably looking in the wrong place.

My understanding is the Contemporary Main Tower at least no longer has standard view rooms at all (because half the rooms face Bay Lake and are therefore Lake View and the other half face the theme park and are therefore Theme Park View.) You'd need to go to the Garden Wing for a standard view, and those rooms are sort of buried on the list. No clue on the Grand Floridian but I wouldn't be surprised if they similarly have decided to assign all rooms into a view category and eliminate standard view as an option. (As dsinclair mentions, Polynesian should have standard view.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom