Anyone try the Al Capone dining theater?

JIMINYCR

Original Poster
Weve done a lot of off site things in the past when we go to WDW but never the Capone show and dining theater. DS loves mobster type things so I'm going to surprise him by adding in a night of entertainment for the two of us. I'm also looking to do the VIP tickets for some added experience. I've seen online reviews but would like any reviews from those of you who have dined there.

adelenew

Tbh, I've never been there, but from what we see online you just know how great that place is. but you must spend much ik.

yensid67

Capone's is awesome! went there last trip and it was a great night! The buffet is great as well...something for everyone! The show is a little cheesey but good laughs. You will not be disappointed if you go!

JIMINYCR

Original Poster
Capone's is awesome! went there last trip and it was a great night! The buffet is great as well...something for everyone! The show is a little cheesey but good laughs. You will not be disappointed if you go!
Thanks for the reply. Ive booked the VIP tickets and DS is very excited to be going. I assumed the show would be along the same type of cheesiness you find with other entertainment dinner shows. Cheesy can be quite fun when on vacation. Weve been to HDD many times and the corny routines still give pleasure.

yensid67

Thanks for the reply. Ive booked the VIP tickets and DS is very excited to be going. I assumed the show would be along the same type of cheesiness you find with other entertainment dinner shows. Cheesy can be quite fun when on vacation. Weve been to HDD many times and the corny routines still give pleasure.
VIP is way to go you get in to the lounge upstairs before the geberal public and be seated first! Also they have Fedoras and costumes to buy to look the part

JIMINYCR

Original Poster
VIP is way to go you get in to the lounge upstairs before the geberal public and be seated first! Also they have Fedoras and costumes to buy to look the part
Yes I saw those for sale. DS probably will buy a Fedora... hes one who likes wearing hats all the time.

yensid67

Yes I saw those for sale. DS probably will buy a Fedora... hes one who likes wearing hats all the time.
Definitely dressing the part will be FUN! But maybe be prepared to be singled out a little by the actors before and DURING the show!
ME? I am usually the life of the party, but not a on the spot kinda guy...I get shy and awkward! I do not like to be center of attention

JIMINYCR

Original Poster
Definitely dressing the part will be FUN! But maybe be prepared to be singled out a little by the actors before and DURING the show!
ME? I am usually the life of the party, but not a on the spot kinda guy...I get shy and awkward! I do not like to be center of attention
Well I'm the same way but DS must have a look about him. Hes gotten the attention of those actors looking for a participant and has a few times been grabbed out of the audience and been part of the fun. I'll let you know how it goes.

yensid67

Well I'm the same way but DS must have a look about him. Hes gotten the attention of those actors looking for a participant and has a few times been grabbed out of the audience and been part of the fun. I'll let you know how it goes.
P.S...
If you have a special occasion or want to volunteer him for a 'random' participant, let them know at check in!!!! It will make his experience a little more special. You both will have a great time!

PLEASE let me know how things went...PM me!

Where you staying off site?

JIMINYCR

Original Poster
P.S...
If you have a special occasion or want to volunteer him for a 'random' participant, let them know at check in!!!! It will make his experience a little more special. You both will have a great time!

PLEASE let me know how things went...PM me!

Where you staying off site?
Thanks, I will do that!!! For the first time hes handled all the park details, tickets and booked the room. Difficult for me to let go of the Dad is in control role but he is on top of things. I've never done a non Disney resort before. Were trying Loews Sapphire Falls.

yensid67

Thanks, I will do that!!! For the first time hes handled all the park details, tickets and booked the room. Difficult for me to let go of the Dad is in control role but he is on top of things. I've never done a non Disney resort before. Were trying Loews Sapphire Falls.
That's a nice place at $256/night...I just hope it meets expectations for that price!(Just me---I'm Cheap! LOL!)

JIMINYCR

Original Poster
That's a nice place at $256/night...I just hope it meets expectations for that price!(Just me---I'm Cheap! LOL!)
Well DS got a huge bonus before he told me about taking me on this trip with him... and hes getting a job transfer which means a huge bump in pay too. So I'm getting off easy...hes paying for everything except I've paid for the Capone tickets and I'll be paying for any other dining we do.

JIMINYCR

Original Poster
If he's paying then I would have stayed at Grand Floridian! LOL Hope you have a great time! Can't wait to hear about it!
We had just done a family trip at the Contemp. in May. He was considering the Poly this time for the two of us but he wanted to do some more days at Uni so he chose Loews for the convenience. And he doesnt have any interest in the GF. I could have pushed to get my way and stay at a Dis resort but since its on his dime, I conceded to him.

yensid67

We had just done a family trip at the Contemp. in May. He was considering the Poly this time for the two of us but he wanted to do some more days at Uni so he chose Loews for the convenience. And he doesnt have any interest in the GF. I could have pushed to get my way and stay at a Dis resort but since its on his dime, I conceded to him.
đź‘Ť

Club Cooloholic

You will love Uni, I have always stayed across the way at Cabana Bay, which has bowling if you run into bad weather. Also, the mini golf at Uni is pretty cool too.

twilight mitsuk

potterhead?

JIMINYCR

Original Poster
You will love Uni, I have always stayed across the way at Cabana Bay, which has bowling if you run into bad weather. Also, the mini golf at Uni is pretty cool too.
Thanks. Weve been to Uni before, just never stayed at one of the resorts. Never done their mini golf either.
potterhead?
No.. he just likes some of the more extreme attractions there that Disney doesnt deliver on. He has been to both HP areas before and has enjoyed them. Hes more of a Marvel fan.

Lilofan

Well DS got a huge bonus before he told me about taking me on this trip with him... and hes getting a job transfer which means a huge bump in pay too. So I'm getting off easy...hes paying for everything except I've paid for the Capone tickets and I'll be paying for any other dining we do.
Four Seasons Orlando at WDW! It makes Grand Floridian look like a Sheraton .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom