News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

Squishy

Team Disney Anaheim will never again let WDW borrow the MSEP.
At least, not unless there is some iron clad agreement between the two guaranteeing it's well taken care of.

As I've mentioned before in the past, Anaheim was VERY upset about how roughly treated and poorly maintained the condition of the Parade units were last time WDW borrowed them.
These are historically important pieces, and should be treated with respect and not run into the ground.
Last I was aware, TDA swore they would never loan these to Orlando again.

I seriously doubt MSEP would return to WDW in 2022.
The Parade itself will be celebrating its 50th Anniversary and I am sure Disneyland wishes to exploit that for all its worth.
However, I will admit that it would indeed be a timely 'coincidence' to have the MSEP return to WDW as part of its own 50th Birthday.

With Disney these days, anything is possible really.....

-
I don't think it would be TDA's choice if a higher up executive in the company wants something to be moved over.

TTA94

I don't think it would be TDA's choice if a higher up executive in the company wants something to be moved over.

Agreed. Since MSEP will be celebrating its 50th Anniversary in 2022 it makes sense to return it, somewhere. Since it is DLs original floats then it rightfully should return to DL and then let WDW have Paint. Of course it could go the opposite and MSEP celebrates its 50th with WDWs 50th and Paint returns to DCA. Worst case scenario is DL returns MSEP and keeps Paint mothballed. Let’s hope it’s not the latter!
Unless something else unexpectedly happens like a brand new parade, leftover TDL floats from or HKs Paint gets shipped over.

Figments Friend

Indeed.

There was unfounded talk about two years ago about Bob Chapek wanting to send the MSEP back to Florida to be a part of WDW's 50th Anniversary.
It was said at the time he was keen to play the 'retro' card, and wanted to play up the 'nostalgia' level in relation to the promotion / marketing for the 50th.
Wether or not that is still the case, we have yet to have seen....but at that time it was said he would be the guy to override any hardships between the two coasts as far as where the Parade would go.

I'll believe it only when I see it...

-

Sir_Cliff

Agreed. Since MSEP will be celebrating its 50th Anniversary in 2022 it makes sense to return it, somewhere. Since it is DLs original floats then it rightfully should return to DL and then let WDW have Paint. Of course it could go the opposite and MSEP celebrates its 50th with WDWs 50th and Paint returns to DCA. Worst case scenario is DL returns MSEP and keeps Paint mothballed. Let’s hope it’s not the latter!
Unless something else unexpectedly happens like a brand new parade, leftover TDL floats from or HKs Paint gets shipped over.
MSEP is the mirror castle float of parades and I really hope they stop bringing it back. It's too easy a crutch for them when they need a nighttime parade to just dust it off and pretend technology hasn't moved on in the past 50 years.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Showtimes are up for Enchantment -

October 1-4

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 4.19.11 PM.png

October 5-16

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 4.20.07 PM.png

Figments Friend

I am assuming this Show will be somewhat of a 'clone' inspired by Disneyland's 60th Anniversary presentation, 'Disneyland Forever'....but of course tweaked slightly to relate to WDW's 50th.
The two will share the similar projection effects on the Main Street buildings, and likely also share similar movie highlight / 'video clip' segments.

Having experienced 'Disneyland Forever' in person a few times, I think a similar Show will go over well at WDW.
'Forever' had some cool visual 'gimmicks' that general audiences will eat up....but the show didn't have much of a soul despite its attempt from what I remember.
No real impact emotionally...except for the beginning of the presentation.
The beginning was great....the middle a bit mixed with rapid-fire imagery all around you, and the ending...well, it was okay.
Interested to see how they adapt that style of Show presentation to the WDW setting and 50th theme.

-

VJ

if disney enchantment doesn't have a pirates section i will be personally calling for a boycott

don't mess this up, disney

JoeCamel

I am assuming this Show will be somewhat of a 'clone' inspired by Disneyland's 60th Anniversary presentation, 'Disneyland Forever'....but of course tweaked slightly to relate to WDW's 50th.
The two will share the similar projection effects on the Main Street buildings, and likely also share similar movie highlight / 'video clip' segments.

Having experienced 'Disneyland Forever' in person a few times, I think a similar Show will go over well at WDW.
'Forever' had some cool visual 'gimmicks' that general audiences will eat up....but the show didn't have much of a soul despite its attempt from what I remember.
No real impact emotionally...except for the beginning of the presentation.
The beginning was great....the middle a bit mixed with rapid-fire imagery all around you, and the ending...well, it was okay.
Interested to see how they adapt that style of Show presentation to the WDW setting and 50th theme.

-
I don't think so, the art shows a whole lot of gold so the 50th will be a golden two years.

jrhwdw

We shouldn't expect overnight tests of Enchantment till after Labor Day correct?????? If Enchantment ends up replacing HEA the whole last week of Sep., I guess that's fine. Sigh!

As for Harm, it was tested a lot before EF Returned I'm guessing Epcot will go back to that testing after Labor Day as well?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom