News Tomorrowland love

Bocabear

It's a completely new iteration... While I LOVED the giant Gull-wing Waterfalls, they could be smaller units flanking the walkway but tall enough to look monumental... Back to that mid-mod aesthetic. Almost anything would be an upgrade to the current look of things... And now it is too late to actually do something for the 50th. Very sad.

dreday3

Things like this always interest me and I want to know where the idea comes from and who makes it happen. Like where did they find these trees? Obviously they were specially grown/acquired. Who decided they were needed and in that location? Did a tomorrowland manager request them? Did horticulture just decide Tomorrowlands getting them? Is there a tree manager that determines when and where trees are needed? Can he or she find some for the backside of France and near the skyliner queues?

One of the coolest things I learned (from a vlog!) is that in Seuss Landing, everything is curved/no straight lines, including the trees! They brought in palm trees that were bent from hurricanes and planted them all over Seuss Landing!

(please don't tell me this isn't true...)

James Alucobond

And now it is too late to actually do something for the 50th. Very sad.
I think Tomorrowland will be the one area that continues to be worked on throughout the 50th. They're obviously racing to "finish" every other section, but since Tron is already delayed beyond the start of the celebration, I think they're just accepting that one land will have to remain a work in progress. Honestly, construction on a Stitch replacement or at least a "coming soon" wall would be less depressing than the empty building and could build excitement for future trips with all the folks passing through the park.

owlsandcoffee

I think Tomorrowland will be the one area that continues to be worked on throughout the 50th. They're obviously racing to "finish" every other section, but since Tron is already delayed beyond the start of the celebration, I think they're just accepting that one land will have to remain a work in progress. Honestly, construction on a Stitch replacement or at least a "coming soon" wall would be less depressing than the empty building and could build excitement for future trips with all the folks passing through the park.
What better way to celebrate the opening of MK than by having TL be in a kind of embarrassing unfinished state.

celluloid

One of the coolest things I learned (from a vlog!) is that in Seuss Landing, everything is curved/no straight lines, including the trees! They brought in palm trees that were bent from hurricanes and planted them all over Seuss Landing!

(please don't tell me this isn't true...)

It is 100 percent true. They were brought in from Hurricane Andrew's Aftermath areas.

James Alucobond

Hearing reports that the entrance rocks will be removed at some point. I’ll be incredibly happy when that happens.
If true,
god is real GIF

Bocabear

Agreed, that would be so nice. The water could be projection mapped and morph into code or circuit boards, etc., eliminating the wet pavement argument.
Not only that, but they have since solved that problem in how to do beautifully patterned water effects with extremely minimal splashing... The tech is there so that now they could make those giant Gull Wing Waterfalls work perfectly...and create a monumental and engaging entrance into Tomorrowland.

roj2323

Not only that, but they have since solved that problem in how to do beautifully patterned water effects with extremely minimal splashing... The tech is there so that now they could make those giant Gull Wing Waterfalls work perfectly...and create a monumental and engaging entrance into Tomorrowland.

Honestly just some waterfall glass and lighting would do the trick. It doesn't need to be an actual water feature.
images.jpeg

MadTeacup

Worst thing they ever did was paint those rocks that hideous blue. The real rock look at least looked natural and added another splash of colour that was not out of place.
I wholly disagree. That puke orange was absolutely terrible and did not look natural to me. The metallic blue kind of gives me crystal or ore vibes. It also fits the overall color scheme of the current Tomorrowland much better and compliments the other colors visible in the hub.
Honestly just some waterfall glass and lighting would do the trick. It doesn't need to be an actual water feature. View attachment 574282
I appreciate where you're coming from, but logistically this wouldn't work well. Just imagine how often the glass would need cleaned and how difficult it would be to clean. It would end up looking pretty bad most of the time. Also, I prefer the kinetics of moving water to lighting that would only show up at night.

Simon83079

Been a while but gave it a go at what Id do for tomorrowland atm. Just to make it look so much better than current.
All the supports filled in to be nice and smooth no more fins on em.
No more fins on the roof.
Tower bits filled in and made white to go with the asthetic.
Astro orbitor replaced with an all new Star Jets with SpaceX's falcon 9 as the central core - Maybe Starship? (wasnt too keen on the silver in the middle of white tbh) The blue shades along the peoplemover gone. Peoplemover railings covered over with white but tbh Id replace with glass ralings with some cool design.
Ideally id love to get rid of the rocks and maybe bring back the old spires but I doubt they would do that.

Part of me wants to be able to put some of the tron style covering here and there to make the land seem like one cause otherwise its just TOMORROWLAND WHITE 60s then a tiny corner being the tron style. Plus I think the 90s themeing with the tron outlines could work tbh.

Attachments

• Tomorrowland.png
    Tomorrowland.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 134

Splashin' Ryan

Part of me wants to be able to put some of the tron style covering here and there to make the land seem like one cause otherwise its just TOMORROWLAND WHITE 60s then a tiny corner being the tron style. Plus I think the 90s themeing with the tron outlines could work tbh.
I absolutely adore the idea of a Tron type covering down the center of Tomorrowland, it'd give shade during the day, become an amazing place to walk down at night, and add an insane amount of energy to the land. Not to mention a huge place to shelter during Florida rainstorms. Which the park doesn't have much of.

The more I think about it, the more I want it!

JoeCamel

I absolutely adore the idea of a Tron type covering down the center of Tomorrowland, it'd give shade during the day, become an amazing place to walk down at night, and add an insane amount of energy to the land. Not to mention a huge place to shelter during Florida rainstorms. Which the park doesn't have much of.

The more I think about it, the more I want it!
Maybe they could call it something like the Fremont street experience?

Bocabear

humorously, the Fremont Street Experience is more futuristic in it's technology than Tomorrowland....
I think it's great we are getting a new ride and all, but it sure would have been nice to have had that budget to completely overhaul Tomorrowland, Replace Stitch, Redo Space Mountain and freshen up the whole aesthetic...
And while Tron will be nice, the money spent on the entire land might have gone a lot further...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom