News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"That means this summer is also your last chance to come out and catch the current fireworks shows before they sparkle into Disney history."

Marketing mush.

Based on what our insiders have revealed, I am 100% certain WDW doesn't have a clue what will replace this 50th fireworks when its done, leaving certain shows to resparkle (if only in a modified form).

Not saying that HEA will definitely come back. Just saying definitely not definitely.

Disney bloggers should know better than to translate that into "permanently gone."

peter11435

Marketing mush.

Based on what our insiders have revealed, I am 100% certain WDW doesn't have a clue what will replace this 50th fireworks when its done, leaving certain shows to resparkle (if only in a modified form).

Not saying that HEA will definitely come back. Just saying definitely not definitely.

Disney bloggers should know better than to translate that into "permanently gone."
Correct

Unbanshee

Why? Should Disney bloggers really know what insiders are saying on this site? Or should they translate "last chance to catch" and "sparkle into Disney history" as meaning that the show is going away?

I understand what insiders are claiming here, but I think the onus is on the parks blog to not use definitive language if it isn't definitive.

Can we at least agree that the language that the parks blog used is definitive?

Sir_Cliff

I wouldn't mind to see Disney replace and refresh shows more often, but I would miss HEA if it went away forever. Count me among those who was never fond of Wishes as I found it a bit too sappy, so I hope whatever comes next doesn't feature children singing at us, etc.

Considering HEA is supposed to get such high ratings from guests, though, I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see it come back after the anniversary.

Last edited:

TTA94

Of course HEA could alawys pull a MSEP.....Actually, would be nice if we could get a MSEP/PTN Miracle right now.......

Well HEA did kinda replace MSEP… at least I believe there were rumors that WDW went with HEA over a MSEP replacement? If that is true then Bye HEA! Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!! 😂
Maybe with Enchantment we can go back to the wonderful magical evenings MK once had Before HEA with a nighttime spectacular AND a parade!!

Inspired Figment

Yeeah.. I’ll always find it odd they didn’t think to instead build a brand new show in the spirit of SpectroMagic. Taking everything that worked there along with the distinctly Disney music style, etc. but with new sets, a new unique song, etc. But oh well.. granted, I don’t have too much trust in current management atm.. but once new ‘good’ management comes in & let’s the creatives below really deliver on a fantastic show, I trust it’ll be fantastic.
Heck.. might even be a good idea to bring back SpectroMagic first for the nostalgia (which they can bring back for limited events in the future) and then debut the new show after. 👍🏻👍🏻

Brian

How much money did they make on commemorative merchandise each of the many times MSEP was to "glow away forever?"

I wouldn't worry about a permanent closure of this show, personally. I'd be more worried that MSEP will come back for the second half of the 50th.

Figments Friend

Team Disney Anaheim will never again let WDW borrow the MSEP.
At least, not unless there is some iron clad agreement between the two guaranteeing it's well taken care of.

As I've mentioned before in the past, Anaheim was VERY upset about how roughly treated and poorly maintained the condition of the Parade units were last time WDW borrowed them.
These are historically important pieces, and should be treated with respect and not run into the ground.
Last I was aware, TDA swore they would never loan these to Orlando again.

I seriously doubt MSEP would return to WDW in 2022.
The Parade itself will be celebrating its 50th Anniversary and I am sure Disneyland wishes to exploit that for all its worth.
However, I will admit that it would indeed be a timely 'coincidence' to have the MSEP return to WDW as part of its own 50th Birthday.

With Disney these days, anything is possible really.....

-

brb1006

Team Disney Anaheim will never again let WDW borrow the MSEP.
At least, not unless there is some iron clad agreement between the two guaranteeing it's well taken care of.

As I've mentioned before in the past, Anaheim was VERY upset about how roughly treated and poorly maintained the condition of the Parade units were last time WDW borrowed them.
These are historically important pieces, and should be treated with respect and not run into the ground.
Last I was aware, TDA swore they would never loan these to Orlando again.

I seriously doubt MSEP would return to WDW in 2022.
The Parade itself will be celebrating its 50th Anniversary and I am sure Disneyland wishes to exploit that for all its worth.
However, I will admit that it would indeed be a timely 'coincidence' to have the MSEP return to WDW as part of its own 50th Birthday.

With Disney these days, anything is possible really.....

-
Especially knowing the second half of the Pleasure Island section (Pinocchio's float that used to feature Lampwick) didn't survive it's second return to Disneyland.
msep_pinocchio1996ww.jpg

Which resulted in only a single Pleasure Island float with Pinocchio leading a group of Donkey Boys dancing to the unit's music.
DF8l8MLXoAEkmPL.jpg

As a result, the Pinocchio section feels unfinished without the other half.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Why? Should Disney bloggers really know what insiders are saying on this site?
They should have some self-awareness of how wrong their blogs have been in the past when they have used such hyperbole in the past. Disney didn't say "permanently gone." The blogosphere is bouncing that around.

Unbanshee

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
"Last Chance to See the Show" / "show’s final performance on September 29, 2021"

What am I missing here? lol

You're missing what's missing:

"... and never ever coming back."

And yet, bloggers are saying just that with "permanently gone."

If you can't see that, I can't help you any further to see that.

Just know that if HEA comes back, there will be people surprised and they will say "Disney said it was permanently gone!! DISNEY LIED!!!"

When, in fact, Disney never said that.

Nmoody1

Especially knowing the second half of the Pleasure Island section (Pinocchio's float that used to feature Lampwick) didn't survive it's second return to Disneyland.
msep_pinocchio1996ww.jpg

Which resulted in only a single Pleasure Island float with Pinocchio leading a group of Donkey Boys dancing to the unit's music.
DF8l8MLXoAEkmPL.jpg

As a result, the Pinocchio section feels unfinished without the other half.

You think that float would still be around with the Indian cigars with today's disney? That would be in the dumpster by now

mightynine

Just know that if HEA comes back, there will be people surprised and they will say "Disney said it was permanently gone!! DISNEY LIED!!!"

I'm sure the Walt Disney Company is quite happy with your preemptive protection against possible complaints in the future that may or may not happen.

Unbanshee

On that note, I'll save you a seat for the first showing in the Main Street Theater and we can discuss our agreement to disagree

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom