Rumor Canada Far & Wide refurbishment

castlecake2.0

There is absolutely no excuse to sideline a World Showcase attraction… of which there are not that many to begin with… and replace it with food kiosks. Even moreso when there are countless other venues around the lagoon that could easily accommodate with a little creativity.
Some of them even indoors.

I mean it’s nice that Marakesh is open for seating space… but why not actually serve food out of a big room with a kitchen attached? Does that make too much sense or something?

I haven’t seen a reasonable explanation given yet why they’re not using World Showplace this year.

Don’t get me started on use of the AA rotunda.

They couldn’t come up with worse ideas then these if they were intentionally trolling the Epcot fan base.
They also have Akershus sitting empty as well. Like you said, it’s a big room with a kitchen attached, why not use that instead of an operating newly refurbished attraction.

I’ve been to Epcot twice since they closed Canada and have gone and will go to GR every time to tell them how disappointing it is, and next time add the American Adventure Cafeteria to the list.

Phicinfan

So net, WDW took feedback from all history of folks wanting more tables and seating for festivals as a lever to pull to shut down attractions or restaurants? Good grief.

The_Jobu

An apple a day keeps the doctor away... or so the saying goes. But Canada gets free healthcare, so what's the need? Send your apples south of the border to the States where they're more necessary.

Yeah but when the waitlist for the doctor is 2 months, not a bad idea to load up on apples..

MorphinePrince

The least they could have done is add back the ribbons and lights from the ceiling that they had in 2019. :rolleyes:
EDJ3JUiXUAAkJoG

Movielover

If management were really clever they’d close down all those expensive attractions and just stick places to buy stuff in all the queue and show areas.
That's why I always laugh when I see people bring up wanting a 5th gate, hate to break it to them but Disney Springs is the 5th gate, or at least that what it would be, a mostly shopping and dining area.

Lilofan

“Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland…the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine....except for Epcot, we'll need to turn all of the rides and shows into bars."
To stand or sit through all those rides, shows, one needs a stiff drink or two.

Disney Analyst

“Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland…the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine....except for Epcot, we'll need to turn all of the rides and shows into bars."

I mean... this problem has been pronounced for a long time... Disneyland's Fantasyland has more rides than DHS and AK...

Not counting shows/3D movies:

DHS Rides: 9
AK Rides: 8 (including Wilderness Train)
Disneyland Fantasyland: 12 (if you include Matterhorn)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom