Peak Summer = Walls!?

Mickeyboof

Original Poster
It’s not “bad show” to have construction/other work going on during opening hours. Do some of you expect them to not get work done? Or maybe the expectation is for workers to do some of it during third shift, make it look pretty again for guests during opening hours, then go back to work when they leave again?

or maybe when the park was closed for a year!

Little Green Men

It’s not very ironic because that’s not how things are anymore, you know? That would be like mentioning paying for rides individually and then bringing up the old A-E tickets, even though those aren’t in use anymore lol.
SM at WDW still uses its original track while DL was forced to make emergency repairs on theirs was my only point. IK WDW didnt get a new track like folks wanted at one point though. But I get your POV, DL maintenance is definitely nothing like the dark age Pressler era.
So was Crystal Palace at WDW. Things were terrible across the board at that time.
What happened at CP?

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

SM at WDW still uses its original track while DL was forced to make emergency repairs on theirs was my only point. IK WDW didnt get a new track like folks wanted at one point though. But I get your POV, DL maintenance is definitely nothing like the dark age Pressler era.

What happened at CP?
Exterior wood rot. On the top of my head, I believe it was closed between 2002-2004.

el_super

DL's space mt literally closed for two years last minute due to lack of maintenance

It wasn't lack of maintenance, it was bad engineering brought to you by the same team that designed the Rocket Rods.

They were out there welding Space Mountain back together almost every night to keep it running. Maybe the attention Space Mountain got back then actually caused them to neglect other areas?

Disstevefan1

because disneyland isn't walt disney world where refurbishments are put off for as long as possible until the attraction is falling apart (space mountain)
Don't worry, "refurbishments are put off for as long as possible until the attraction is falling apart" is also a rule in WDW :)

truecoat

Some on here won't ride SM at WDW due to track condition.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I was there on Saturday and the parks are a total mess right now. Outside of this construction going on, they can't even get all the quick service restaurants open, and most of the restaurants that are open require you to deal with mobile order, and you can't always get a time to pick up food right away. I know this is because of staffing issues, but it is a lesser experience that is being offered right now.

Even worse are the crowds and the early closures. Closing at 10 means everyone leaves at the same time, and what is worse is that it doesn't give you that peaceful 10PM-12AM time where the lines are much shorter. I have been to Disneyland on many crowded days, but Saturday was one of the busiest days that I have ever been there. The only thing that made it quasi manageable was the lack of Fastpass making standby waits longer and causing even more people to be in the walkways. Knott's is also insanely crowded though, and as crowded as DLR is right now, the lines won't be as bad at DLR as they are at Knott's.
No fastpass does not make stand by longer. it makes standby work the way its supposed to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom