Any word on Takumi Tei?

Richie248

I was hoping it would have been open for my trip last week (obviously wasn't). This is one restaurant that I was hoping to try. Hoping we get some news over the next month or so.

JohnD

I was hoping it would have been open for my trip last week (obviously wasn't). This is one restaurant that I was hoping to try. Hoping we get some news over the next month or so.

When I last went, I really enjoyed Teppan Edo -- both the show of the food being prepared at the table and the food itself. You won't be disappointed.

Figgy1

Premium Member
When I last went, I really enjoyed Teppan Edo -- both the show of the food being prepared at the table and the food itself. You won't be disappointed.
Has it improved? Last time I was there is was ok good show decent food but not great. I also live near an excellent place so I may be a bit picky compared to those who are not as lucky

JohnD

Has it improved? Last time I was there is was ok good show decent food but not great. I also live near an excellent place so I may be a bit picky compared to those who are not as lucky
I wouldn’t know. It was my first time and I enjoyed it. I went to a local Japanese restaurant recently for the same experience (because of Teppan Edo) and it was just as good.

danyoung56

Remember that Teppan Edo is a different restaurant than Takumi Tei. Teppan Edo is like Benihana, where you sit around a grill and watch the chef prepare your food. Takumi Tei is a more elegant sit down place - it seems a bit too highbrow for me.

jaklgreen

Remember that Teppan Edo is a different restaurant than Takumi Tei. Teppan Edo is like Benihana, where you sit around a grill and watch the chef prepare your food. Takumi Tei is a more elegant sit down place - it seems a bit too highbrow for me.
Ha, you sound like my husband. Anything "fancy" makes him uncomfortable. Plus he is a meat and potatoes type of guy. But, I raised 2 foodie daughters that would be happy to go with me. We had planned on going but stuff happens. I am patiently waiting for reopen.

danyoung56

Everything I've read about Takumi Tei leads me to think that it would be a little too high falutin' for me. But then, I've never tried it, so I could be wrong.

JohnD

Everything I've read about Takumi Tei leads me to think that it would be a little too high falutin' for me. But then, I've never tried it, so I could be wrong.

I can tell you what's "high" about it. The prices. I looked at the menu and yikes!

nickys

Premium Member
Any word as of the end of August? We're approaching dining reservation time and I am still sad :-/
If the Japanese staff returned to Japan, then it’ll be a long time still. Your borders aren’t open yet, they can’t come back. I don’t think that will happen until early 2022 at the earliest.

MoonRakerSCM

Original Poster
I will sadly bump my own thread...

Once again... going in October. My sister is commandeering a trip for my mother and I. My mother has never been so this will be quite an adventure.

... any whispers of Takumi Tei?

jaklgreen

The last I heard from management of the Japan restaurants is that they will not open it back up until the cultural representatives are back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom