Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
2Yyd.gif
Wait... there's no @mycroft on these boards?!!??!

bshah365

Theming something in Epcot to Moana is something we can all bicker about (I would've personally loved to see her in Animal Kingdom with Pocahontas). But honestly, building a "Journey of Water" path that directly links to the Seas AND Land pavilion is genius imo. Kids get to learn about the water cycle and then continue their educational adventure to follow where water goes.. They can either choose a "right" path to the ocean at the Seas or a "left" path to learn about agriculture at the Land...

Personally, I think it'll be very close to the incorporation of Nemo in the Seas pavilion.. aquarium tanks are still educational and informative but have character stickers everywhere for the synergy.

I imagine this experience to be similar to Shanghai Disneyland's "Siren's Revenge" walkthrough. I remember they had lots of fun water features and honestly one of them I played with looks very similar to what we saw in the concept art for Moana.

At this point, I'm mostly wondering if this "attraction" will come with a new permanent Moana meet n greet location. She is currently the *only* Disney princess that does not have a year-round presence at any of the parks.

If the "attraction" comes with a new meet n greet... it'll be very interesting to see how they do it.... I can't imagine Moana meeting in a patch of grass with a giant golf ball behind her...

GimpYancIent

Theming something in Epcot to Moana is something we can all bicker about (I would've personally loved to see her in Animal Kingdom with Pocahontas). But honestly, building a "Journey of Water" path that directly links to the Seas AND Land pavilion is genius imo. Kids get to learn about the water cycle and then continue their educational adventure to follow where water goes.. They can either choose a "right" path to the ocean at the Seas or a "left" path to learn about agriculture at the Land...

Personally, I think it'll be very close to the incorporation of Nemo in the Seas pavilion.. aquarium tanks are still educational and informative but have character stickers everywhere for the synergy.

I imagine this experience to be similar to Shanghai Disneyland's "Siren's Revenge" walkthrough. I remember they had lots of fun water features and honestly one of them I played with looks very similar to what we saw in the concept art for Moana.

At this point, I'm mostly wondering if this "attraction" will come with a new permanent Moana meet n greet location. She is currently the *only* Disney princess that does not have a year-round presence at any of the parks.

If the "attraction" comes with a new meet n greet... it'll be very interesting to see how they do it.... I can't imagine Moana meeting in a patch of grass with a giant golf ball behind her...
What happened to all the discussion about Moana locating at the Enchanted Tiki Room?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes... that's exactly what's happening.
Based on the concept art, your outline of JoW is encroaching what would have been the toadstool festive center.

I think it would be more like below. The yellow is JoW, Blue is what would have been (and could still be) the festival center.

1626385945981.png

bshah365

Based on the concept art, your outline of JoW is encroaching what would have been the toadstool festive center.

I think it would be more like below. The yellow is JoW, Blue is what would have been (and could still be) the festival center.

View attachment 572492
Okay, yes! Mine was quick and rough.. but my point still stands.. the attraction leads to the path that links the Seas and Land Pavilion.

Bocabear

Okay, yes! Mine was quick and rough.. but my point still stands.. the attraction leads to the path that links the Seas and Land Pavilion.
wait so you drew a diagram on a map as your proof that Journey Of Water will terminate with a "Choose Your Path" orientation? I could take a map and draw arrows on it showing it leading to the creations shop, but that doesn't make it true....

Attachments

• Journey.jpg
    Journey.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 81

Unplugged

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom