Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I will say this. From an outsiders perspective it does feel like the majority of Americans are doing this 🎉🎉🥳🥳🥳🥳 in regards to Covid. It's not just people but media too. When I do see US News barely any mention of Covid anymore.

Here in Canada Covid vaccinations lead the news most nights. Most people are focused on getting people vaccinated and still are very cautious. It's why it's hard to relate to most in this thread.
It was the lead from January to may…

Justin might want to increase your domestic pharma manufacturing capacity for the next plague and you’d be caught up

Wendy Pleakley

The thing is we have passed the US in both first doses and fully vaccinated.

Not quite there on fully vaccinated yet, but your point is correct. Having the superior manufacturing ability is great, but when your citizens won't take the vaccines it's significantly less meaningful.

Justin knew we didn't have that, but put Canada's purchasing power to work by ordering vaccines quickly and from as many sources as possible, putting Canada in an enviable global position.

1626110761199.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not quite there on fully vaccinated yet, but your point is correct. Having the superior manufacturing ability is great, but when your citizens won't take the vaccines it's significantly less meaningful.

Justin knew we didn't have that, but put Canada's purchasing power to work by ordering vaccines quickly and from as many sources as possible, putting Canada in an enviable global position.

View attachment 571788
No doubt…

some countries are fighting stupid in 32 of 50 “provinces”…give or take

tv should be outlawed

lisa12000

Contradictory nonsense. Clubs are back to full capacity yet masks are still “expected” in crowded indoor settings? Ridiculous. Makes me embarrassed to be British.

While virtually all legal restrictions will be lifted, some guidance will remain.​
For example, the legal requirement to wear face coverings in some enclosed public places will be removed but Mr Javid said they were still "expected and recommended" in crowded indoor areas.​
Nightclubs will also be allowed to reopen and capacity limits will be removed for all venues and events.​

Well we know how they will get rid of masks in nightclubs? The use of vaccine passports…

LittleBuford

Well we know how they will get rid of masks in nightclubs? The use of vaccine passports…
There is no such requirement, just advice:

It's all one big honour system, and I have no reason to believe that people will respect it, especially given British drinking culture, which promotes abysmal behaviour at the best of times.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I will say this. From an outsiders perspective it does feel like the majority of Americans are doing this 🎉🎉🥳🥳🥳🥳 in regards to Covid. It's not just people but media too. When I do see US News barely any mention of Covid anymore.

Here in Canada Covid vaccinations lead the news most nights. Most people are focused on getting people vaccinated and still are very cautious. It's why it's hard to relate to most in this thread.

I think for a large part of the population, COVID is "over".

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think most people on this thread know how well they work. Most here I think are informed When you read articles like the one I’m leaving a link for, and see that 99% of deaths right now from Covid are the unvaccinated. That’s a huge number and I can’t see how anyone can look at it and continue to nit get the shot. Article also covers cases going up in 43 states. Blows the mind.
Also the chairman of the Miami-Dade commission just caught COVID after being vaccinated 4 months ago. Since he has spent so much time at the condo collapse they seem to be worried now with exposure at the site.

There is a segment of the population who still believes the vaccine is riskier then the virus.

mmascari

Wasn't there someone waiting patiently for this?

And here, where it is an entertainment venue and it is "Atlantic Dance Hall is for Guests who are 21 years of age and older.", I will agree with everyone else. There's no reason for them to have any mitigation at all when they open it up. Everyone 21 and older can be vaccinated today.

If you're unable to vaccinate, then look at the Community Transmission level and make a personal decision.

If you're not vaccinated and go, its on you. But, based on the current FL numbers, unless they really cranked up the ventilation, expect some disappointment after the adventure. Also, curse you for giving the virus a population to continue to thrive in.

mmascari

I think for a large part of the population, COVID is "over".
This is definitely true. Just look at the posts here, it's over for many of them too. Some because it really is mostly over for their geographic area, barring influx from other areas. Others because they're completely vaccinated and don't have any loved ones still left out of the vaccine pool.

The only people it's not over for are those with loved ones that are not eligible for vaccination yet (parents of kids under 12) and those who the vaccine will not work for. With a larger focus on those in areas that haven't gotten it under control through everyone else vaccinating.

There is a segment of the population who still believes the vaccine is riskier then the virus.
It's over for these people too. Perhaps more accurately, it never started for these people. The vaccine is riskier partly because they feel COVID isn't a risk at all.

Way back, I predicted that it would be over when we got deaths under 150 daily for the county, roughly 55,000 a year (and I felt bad for this). July 4th is messing with the 7 day average, but we were at 200, 73,000, on 7/1 and once we get beyond the holiday, I think we'll be at 175, roughly 64,000.

As a county, we apparently don't travel as much as I imagined. That distribution isn't even. While the country may be at a 175 rate, many areas are contributing almost nothing to it. What's going on in MO for example isn't pushing out to many other areas. It's still going to be an issue for travel destinations, as those destination lag or have many travelers from uncontrolled areas. At least until everyone is able to vaccinate.

I know for us, I'll be much more willing to travel to a questionable area once the entire family is vaccinated. Probably still not to an actual hotspot. While currently not all are vaccinated, we planned travel based on outdoor, distance, or low spread in the area. I would put FL in the questionable not hotspot category right now.

Lilofan

Like all news it comes and goes. Like when the entire country of Canada legalizing recreational pot was news at the time , now it is no longer news.

LaughingGravy

I can assure you that there is no secret security features of the CDC card that would allow an "expert" to spot fakes. As long as someone uses substantially similar stock to print it on they won't get discovered. It's not currency or a driver's license where there are anti-counterfeit features designed in.
Oh, I'm not thinking anything like currency, just something subtle, like the feel/weight of the card stock compared to what I imagine are obvious fakes.

LaughingGravy

Contradictory nonsense. Clubs are back to full capacity yet masks are still “expected” in crowded indoor settings? Ridiculous. Makes me embarrassed to be British.

While virtually all legal restrictions will be lifted, some guidance will remain.​
For example, the legal requirement to wear face coverings in some enclosed public places will be removed but Mr Javid said they were still "expected and recommended" in crowded indoor areas.​
Nightclubs will also be allowed to reopen and capacity limits will be removed for all venues and events.​

I read the above with the voice of Colonel Hathi in mind. By the way, references to The Jungle Book would have been nice to add to the Jungle Cruise since they had the opportunity during the covid shut down of the parks. -----Yeah, back on topic!
Profile_-_Colonel_Hathi.jpg

Flugell

No disrespect but living in the U.K. gives a different perspective than reading about it in news reports- especially the Guardian! Though I know the clip was the BBC.

At least masks are still recommended and vaccine proof IS still possible which is a much better scenario than Florida and WDW! We haven’t thrown our hands up and said it’s over. Yes I would prefer that mitigations were still in place but acknowledge that now is probably the correct time to have a go based on school holidays and supposedly better weather so more activities can happen outside.

The sad part for me is the appointment of Sajid Javid who seems to be much more focused on finances, which is not the priority as far as I am concerned, rather than people’s health but Boris is still advocating caution I’m pleased to report. This should at least prevent the mocking of people who choose to continue to mask which is not the impression that I’m getting in the USA though realise that may not be the perspective as you see it and I have no knowledge outside this forum!

You also said, as far as my memory goes and apologies in advance if it wasn’t you, that you wished the scientists were able to pick the dates rather than the government. However the BBC article you quoted seemed to imply that some scientists agreed with what is happening now, so even amongst the experts there is disagreement!

Not surprising it happens on this thread then!

LittleBuford

No disrespect but living in the U.K. gives a different perspective than reading about it in news reports- especially the Guardian! Though I know the clip was the BBC.

At least masks are still recommended and vaccine proof IS still possible which is a much better scenario than Florida and WDW! We haven’t thrown our hands up and said it’s over. Yes I would prefer that mitigations were still in place but acknowledge that now is probably the correct time to have a go based on school holidays and supposedly better weather so more activities can happen outside.

The sad part for me is the appointment of Sajid Javid who seems to be much more focused on finances, which is not the priority as far as I am concerned, rather than people’s health but Boris is still advocating caution I’m pleased to report. This should at least prevent the mocking of people who choose to continue to mask which is not the impression that I’m getting in the USA though realise that may not be the perspective as you see it and I have no knowledge outside this forum!

You also said, as far as my memory goes and apologies in advance if it wasn’t you, that you wished the scientists were able to pick the dates rather than the government. However the BBC article you quoted seemed to imply that some scientists agreed with what is happening now, so even amongst the experts there is disagreement!

Not surprising it happens on this thread then!
Please don't make this political (the barb at The Guardian is unnecessary, especially since, as you yourself acknowledged, the last links I shared are from the BBC).

My knowledge of the situation isn't based solely on the news. I speak with my family in London every day, and they share my perspective.

The messaging from the UK government has been hopelessly mixed and inconsistent from the outset, with this latest announcement being just another example. I hope for everyone's sake that I'm worrying for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom