News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Poseidon Quest

What happened there?

I'm speaking about Empire of the Penguin, the other attraction is not related. Apparently the batteries for the vehicles were not maintained and the corrosion has damaged the vehicles. The cost to fix would be far more than reasonable for an attraction that didn't bring in too many people anyways. At least, that's what I've pieced together from what I've been told.

dmw

In the Parks
No
lol at that seaworld ride. Ive never actually been but will prob go soon cause tickets area so cheap and it looks like a nice little 4-5hour park ill combine with the zoo for a full day in san diego. the journey to atlantis ride and manta look really cool imo
If you have never been to the SD zoo, plan for two days. It is HUGE! Also, the SD Zoo Safari Park (aka Wild Animal Park) is an entirely different park (and a bit of a drive away), but it's another full day experience.

Last edited:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Yeah, but they're all so boring. What kid wouldn't rather eat at Chez Remy rather than Chef de France?
Or you could take the opportunity to provide kids a glimpse into what a classic Parisian eatery looks like, granted it’s in Orlando Florida, but there is something to be admired about the design and architecture of Chef de France.

Inspired Figment

Or you could take the opportunity to provide kids a glimpse into what a classic Parisian eatery looks like, granted it’s in Orlando Florida, but there is something to be admired about the design and architecture of Chef de France.
Exactly! Not to mention, it wouldn’t bother anybody to do the little Remy meet n greet thing they were doing in there for a while originally. You can have minor touches of some characters but don’t let it compromise the real life representation of what France is actually like. Granted, I’d prefer more completely unique/original characters designed for each pavilion.. ‘but’, I feel that’s a fair balance if we get a bit of both, implemented properly.

Inspired Figment

Yeah, but they're all so boring. What kid wouldn't rather eat at Chez Remy rather than Chef de France?
In your personal opinion they’re “boring”. But honestly, you could easily build Chez Remy someplace like Disney’s Hollywood Studios if need be had they put the cloned Ratatouille attraction there like DSP did. EPCOT’s ‘supposed’ to showcase real life/real world settings & concepts in a way that’s fun & captivating but not in anyway that compromises the original integrity of those places. That’s why I say the better approach would be to bring ‘elements’ of some of the characters like meet n greets and things of that nature to some pavilions & restaurants… but not in a way that compromises it’s authenticity to the real life place.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

One little idea I had was like.. what if they’d created a new/unique French Chef character original to EPCOT to head ‘Chefs de France’.. he could be like a new meet n greet character that does fun things with the diners in the restaurant.. and ‘he’ is the one that occasionally brings out Remy in the dish to greet the guests. Little things like that would make all the difference in making EPCOT a more unique experience without compromising its integrity or making it another Hollywood Studios or Fantasyland basically.

pdude81

One little idea I had was like.. what if they’d created a new/unique French Chef character original to EPCOT to head ‘Chefs de France’.. he could be like a new meet n greet character that does fun things with the diners in the restaurant.. and ‘he’ is the one that occasionally brings out Remy in the dish to greet the guests. Little things like that would make all the difference in making EPCOT a more unique experience without compromising its integrity or making it another Hollywood Studios or Fantasyland basically.
I think it's touchy with Remy in a nice French restaurant. Having any loud characters whether human or rodent would change the atmosphere. I'd prefer the character to be fun in the ride only and not have to think about the prevalence of rats in the actual kitchen. Just my take.

ImperfectPixie

I think it's touchy with Remy in a nice French restaurant. Having any loud characters whether human or rodent would change the atmosphere. I'd prefer the character to be fun in the ride only and not have to think about the prevalence of rats in the actual kitchen. Just my take.
"Nice French restaurant" and "character" should never be combined.

Inspired Figment

Oh, I didn’t mean anything like a loud meet n greet character dancing & singing with guests. But moreso of a quiet, intimate experience with the guests. Much like the original meet n greet with Remy was. Like he was fun with the diners but not in a way that’s super disruptive or loud to the other patrons. It wouldn’t take away from the high quality restaurant, atmosphere, or dining experience I think.. but I get your concerns/hesitation with that concept depending on its execution

pdude81

Oh, I didn’t mean anything like a loud meet n greet character dancing & singing with guests. But moreso of a quiet, intimate experience with the guests. Much like the original meet n greet with Remy was. Like he has fun with the diners but not in a way that’s super disruptive or loud to the other patrons. It wouldn’t take away from the high quality restaurant or dining experience I think.. but I get the hesitation.
I was speaking more to the idea of a Chef having fun with guests, as even just Remy showing up would be kind of loud. I'm sure they could work in an exit meet with the character that wouldn't be intrusive, but CDF (from memory, it's been a while) was more of a quiet, serious restaurant.

Then again, if they did some sort of breakfast/brunch at CDF or MP with Remy (a la Topolino's Terrace), that could be a big hit that doesn't affect the dinner options.

Inspired Figment

I was speaking more to the idea of a Chef having fun with guests, as even just Remy showing up would be kind of loud. I'm sure they could work in an exit meet with the character that wouldn't be intrusive, but CDF (from memory, it's been a while) was more of a quiet, serious restaurant.

Then again, if they did some sort of breakfast/brunch at CDF or MP with Remy (a la Topolino's Terrace), that could be a big hit that doesn't affect the dinner options.
I like the Topolino’s Restaurant idea. Or as an exiting experience as you said.but yeah, you definitely wouldn’t want it disruptive to the other patrons

Movielover

what if they’d created a new/unique French Chef character original to EPCOT

Response from Bob at the meeting...

R.d6ff994f5ee64a121ac454255c03a656

;)

oogie boogie man

In your personal opinion they’re “boring”. But honestly, you could easily build Chez Remy someplace like Disney’s Hollywood Studios if need be had they put the cloned Ratatouille attraction there like DSP did. EPCOT’s ‘supposed’ to showcase real life/real world settings & concepts in a way that’s fun & captivating but not in anyway that compromises the original integrity of those places. That’s why I say the better approach would be to bring ‘elements’ of some of the characters like meet n greets and things of that nature to some pavilions & restaurants… but not in a way that compromises it’s authenticity to the real life place.

We can have both, real France and ratatouille France. They'd just have to get rid of that Craperie in the back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom