Best way to buy tickets

DfromATX

Original Poster
Hello! I've been planning a trip to France and of course being a Disney fan, a trip to Paris wouldn't be complete without a day at Disneyland. My question is about buying tickets. I've seen a lot of tour companies selling them, along with train transportation, but is there any reason not to buy the tickets online from the Disney website just as I would for Disney World? Or would you recommend one of the touring companies that sell the tickets and transport?

We won't be staying at a Disney hotel. We'll be staying in Paris and riding the train in, if that matters. And, this likely won't be for another year (hoping for May 2022 if all things are better by then). Also, I am aware there are 2 parks and the shopping area, but we will only have time for Disneyland Park (not the studios). Thank you.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Hello! I've been planning a trip to France and of course being a Disney fan, a trip to Paris wouldn't be complete without a day at Disneyland. My question is about buying tickets. I've seen a lot of tour companies selling them, along with train transportation, but is there any reason not to buy the tickets online from the Disney website just as I would for Disney World? Or would you recommend one of the touring companies that sell the tickets and transport?

We won't be staying at a Disney hotel. We'll be staying in Paris and riding the train in, if that matters. And, this likely won't be for another year (hoping for May 2022 if all things are better by then). Also, I am aware there are 2 parks and the shopping area, but we will only have time for Disneyland Park (not the studios). Thank you.

What are the prices you are seeing for the tour company tickets and what is offered?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
A one-day dated ticket ranges from about USD 54 to USD 111, an undated ticket about USD 117 (I rounded up on all prices because I didn’t bother to look closely at the cents). I don’t know if this is with tax already included (European prices are usually quoted with tax included but I was looking on the US website so I am not sure). The RER train ticket to DLP is not that much, and if there are several of you going you may want to see if a «carnet » (10 tickets, so 5 r/t) is cheaper than the individual tickets.

If you are going in May, beware that there are several long weekends in France, so avoid visiting the parks around those days if possible. If you do go midweek, the parks should not be very crowded, so you may want to consider having the two park ticket as they are next to one another. In fact, it is closer walk to the gates of the Studios from the train station that to the gates of the Disneyland Park.

DfromATX

Original Poster
A one-day dated ticket ranges from about USD 54 to USD 111, an undated ticket about USD 117 (I rounded up on all prices because I didn’t bother to look closely at the cents). I don’t know if this is with tax already included (European prices are usually quoted with tax included but I was looking on the US website so I am not sure). The RER train ticket to DLP is not that much, and if there are several of you going you may want to see if a «carnet » (10 tickets, so 5 r/t) is cheaper than the individual tickets.

If you are going in May, beware that there are several long weekends in France, so avoid visiting the parks around those days if possible. If you do go midweek, the parks should not be very crowded, so you may want to consider having the two park ticket as they are next to one another. In fact, it is closer walk to the gates of the Studios from the train station that to the gates of the Disneyland Park.

It will be just my husband and me and I'm thinking it will be on a Thursday. I am still in the planning stages, nothing is booked, but I know for sure I want to go on a weekday. I don't remember the exact pricing, but it didn't seem too high (a little over $100 maybe). I randomly picked a Thursday in October on the Disney website and it was about $67. I think the deal with the touring companies is they also include the train ticket there and back, but the catch is you have to physically go pick up your tickets the day before and I'm not too keen on doing that because we'll be doing other things. It's not the cost so much that I was wondering about... but the ease of the experience.

Thank you for the info!!

P.S. - Just went back to check prices - on TripAdvisor, it was $142.68 per person, which includes one park entrance with round trip train transportation and you have to go to the "supplier's office" to pick up your tickets the day before. They do offer pick up packages, but of course those get very pricey. Now that I'm writing it all down (lol), I think it would be just as easy to buy the park tickets online and go to the train ourselves. Besides, we want to be out exploring and learning how to do things. :)

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
It will be just my husband and me and I'm thinking it will be on a Thursday. I am still in the planning stages, nothing is booked, but I know for sure I want to go on a weekday. I don't remember the exact pricing, but it didn't seem too high (a little over $100 maybe). I randomly picked a Thursday in October on the Disney website and it was about $67. I think the deal with the touring companies is they also include the train ticket there and back, but the catch is you have to physically go pick up your tickets the day before and I'm not too keen on doing that because we'll be doing other things. It's not the cost so much that I was wondering about... but the ease of the experience.

Thank you for the info!!

P.S. - Just went back to check prices - on TripAdvisor, it was $142.68 per person, which includes one park entrance with round trip train transportation and you have to go to the "supplier's office" to pick up your tickets the day before. They do offer pick up packages, but of course those get very pricey. Now that I'm writing it all down (lol), I think it would be just as easy to buy the park tickets online and go to the train ourselves. Besides, we want to be out exploring and learning how to do things. :)

Just make sure the Thursday isn‘t 26 May, as that is Ascension and a bank holiday (I checked my teen’s school holiday calendar for next year). They have additional bank holidays in France than we do in Switzerland, so do make sure you verify.

And yes, it will be very easy to buy the park ticket online and the train ticket yourself. I have an AP, but I think you should have the option for a print at home ticket (or they maybe even an electronic one where you scan the bar code at the entrance - I honestly don’t know). And the train is super easy - just make sure you pay attention before boarding that it one that ends at Marne-la-Vallee (they have a Mickey head next to the stop name). As you are waiting at the station they will have screens showing the stops on the train route, and they will have a lighted square or other indication for the stops the next train will make.

DfromATX

Original Poster

Thank you for the info!!

Just make sure the Thursday isn‘t 26 May, as that is Ascension and a bank holiday (I checked my teen’s school holiday calendar for next year). They have additional bank holidays in France than we do in Switzerland, so do make sure you verify.

And yes, it will be very easy to buy the park ticket online and the train ticket yourself. I have an AP, but I think you should have the option for a print at home ticket (or they maybe even an electronic one where you scan the bar code at the entrance - I honestly don’t know). And the train is super easy - just make sure you pay attention before boarding that it one that ends at Marne-la-Vallee (they have a Mickey head next to the stop name). As you are waiting at the station they will have screens showing the stops on the train route, and they will have a lighted square or other indication for the stops the next train will make.

I saw on their website that we can receive an electronic ticket and will be able to scan our phones and I've already seen videos on how to get there by train. Everything a person could want to know is on YouTube! What did we do in the old days? ;)

Thank you so much for all the info, I really appreciate it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom