Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny72

Shouldn't we be using the Phoenician alphabet? So, you know, we could thank them...?

1625694441645.png

correcaminos

Maybe, but the poster was specifically asking about WDW and the person answering mentioned a vaccination requirement to enter the parks.
Yep, mine was meant to be more of "they cannot do that, but they could do this" kind of response. My apologies for not explaining right.

Chi84

Premium Member
Yep, mine was meant to be more of "they cannot do that, but they could do this" kind of response. My apologies for not explaining right.
No need. I don’t think Disney is ever going to check vaccination status, but who knows if things get really bad. I would have no issues with vaccine passports but I understand the problems with (and objections to) them.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Port Orleans has an opening date…..covid is officially over 🥳🥳🎉🎉👍👍

All kidding aside I am cautiously optimistic that at least crowd levels will be low at the end of August when I’m there. The opening dates announced are all after I leave and the boo bash dates sold out are mostly after 10/1 or before I arrive and they are now offering FL resident discounts on hotels for the rest of the Summer. Maybe a lot of people are holding out for the 50th celebration which is fine with me. I just hope the Covid situation remains stable for the next 6+ weeks as well.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Port Orleans has an opening date…..covid is officially over 🥳🥳🎉🎉👍👍

All kidding aside I am cautiously optimistic that at least crowd levels will be low at the end of August when I’m there. The opening dates announced are all after I leave and the boo bash dates sold out are mostly after 10/1 or before I arrive and they are now offering FL resident discounts on hotels for the rest of the Summer. Maybe a lot of people are holding out for the 50th celebration which is fine with me. I just hope the Covid situation remains stable for the next 6+ weeks as well.
@GoofGoof what about in NJ? Is NJ Transit will really gonna lose masks for trains and buses soon maybe next month or early September?

ABQ

@GoofGoof what about in NJ? Is NJ Transit will really gonna lose masks for trains and buses soon maybe next month or early September?
Likely no change will happen till September, and even then, maybe nothing will change.
"On April 30, TSA extended the face mask requirement for all transportation networks, including public transportation, through September 13, 2021."

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Likely no change will happen till September, and even then, maybe nothing will change.
"On April 30, TSA extended the face mask requirement for all transportation networks, including public transportation, through September 13, 2021."
Agreed. I think it all depends on the situation on the ground and since these are Federal agencies they need to look at all areas of the country so even if NJ reached “herd immunity“ and cases went to near zero if there are cases booming in Missouri and Arkansas they may keep the Federal requirement in place and that would mean NJ Transit or Newark airport would still require masks.

sullyinMT

Agreed. I think it all depends on the situation on the ground and since these are Federal agencies they need to look at all areas of the country so even if NJ reached “herd immunity“ and cases went to near zero if there are cases booming in Missouri and Arkansas they may keep the Federal requirement in place and that would mean NJ Transit or Newark airport would still require masks.
What do think the chances are of the DOT and CDC releasing some type of framework whereby a local transit authority could loosen restrictions? I agree with you that air travel (and what's left of AMTRAK) needs to be scrutinized at a national level due to the blending of travelers from everywhere. But, if the NE corridor, CA, and the PNW is still doing well in September, could their commuter trains and the like be allowed to selectively lift restrictions? Unless the 5-11 set is authorized by then, would they even want to do that?

Touchdown

What do think the chances are of the DOT and CDC releasing some type of framework whereby a local transit authority could loosen restrictions? I agree with you that air travel (and what's left of AMTRAK) needs to be scrutinized at a national level due to the blending of travelers from everywhere. But, if the NE corridor, CA, and the PNW is still doing well in September, could their commuter trains and the like be allowed to selectively lift restrictions? Unless the 5-11 set is authorized by then, would they even want to do that?
Barring a huge spike I suspect it to be dropped nationally at the end of the mandate, FA have been assaulted over enforcing this rule and it’s only going to get worse from here.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
When the mask mandate will be lifted on September 13th, then the masks will be optional for fully vaccinated people who don't wear masks on trains, air travels, buses, etc...? As unvaccinated people will still wear masks on trains, buses, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom