News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

JohnD

News on Early Entry (and Extended Evening Hours) -

"Just in time for the start of this magical celebration, on Oct. 1, we will be rolling out a new early theme park entry benefit for Disney Resort hotel guests and guests of other select hotels, giving them the first chance to enjoy select attractions at EVERY theme park, EVERY day. These guests will also be among the first each day to see the dazzling decorations and EARidescent excitement. Guests will need a valid ticket or pass and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same date for early theme park entry.

In addition, with the kickoff of the 50th anniversary, guests staying at one of our Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort hotels will also be able to enjoy extended evening hours on select nights in select theme parks. Extended evening hours will begin in early October with specific dates and parks to be shared at a later time, so please be sure to check back on DisneyWorld.com for the latest.

Please note that guests will need a valid ticket or pass and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours. Or, guests may visit with a ticket or Annual Pass with the Park Hopper option as long as they entered their first park where they made their reservation earlier in the day.

For both of these options, select attractions, merchandise and food and beverage locations will be available. Be sure to also bring your MagicBand, Disney MagicMobile pass or Key to the World card linked to your stay, or another form of Resort ID."

I'm staying off property October 1 - 6 but not at a "Disney Select Hotel" so wouldn't be able to use this in the morning. I noticed the other day I could have gotten a reservation at a DS "select" hotel but the rates would have been higher (obviously) @ $155/night avg over my current $92/night avg. Not sure it would be worth it to "upgrade" to "select" resort at DS just to get these extra hours.

Last edited:

sullyinMT

Nope, we are DVC, what we did on this last trip is go in as early as possible, then midday take a break back at the room and then go in the evening. In other words, this would fit us perfectly to do both early entry and evening hours, especially since we have annual passes so we can park hop.
Being from the dry West, this is our preferred touring method, too. Nap or pool (or both!) makes for happy feet and happy boys for the evening joy.

DAH every night is plus a Value room is cheaper than a Deluxe Room + EEMH.
Sure, but for the extra $$$ you're also getting a larger and nicer room and better location, dining, pools, theming, etc. By themselves, the evening hours might not convince someone to splurge on a deluxe resort, but combined with all of the other benefits, they will certainly push more people towards deluxe.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Sure, but for the extra $$$ you're also getting a larger and nicer room and better location, dining, pools, theming, etc. By themselves, the evening hours might not convince someone to splurge on a deluxe resort, but combined with all of the other benefits, they will certainly push more people towards deluxe.

If that’s what you want to believe you get for the extra $$$ you get charged for a “deluxe” room, I won’t stop you.

doctornick

The article says DVC resorts are included.
Does it? I don't see it said at all. I see it specifically say "Deluxe Villa Resorts" (which are the DVC resorts) but if they wanted to make it clear they were including DVC stays they would have probably called them DVC resorts or somesuch. The way its phrased makes it seem like it is possible it would only apply to cash reservations at the DVC resorts (not staying on points).

BigE42984

I wonder how "select" the extended evening hours will be. A couple times a week total, or will it be like the old EMH days where every night a different park was open late (so technically each park was open late on select night, but really there was always something open late).

nickys

Premium Member
Does it? I don't see it said at all. I see it specifically say "Deluxe Villa Resorts" (which are the DVC resorts) but if they wanted to make it clear they were including DVC stays they would have probably called them DVC resorts or somesuch. The way its phrased makes it seem like it is possible it would only apply to cash reservations at the DVC resorts (not staying on points).
They’re called Deluxe Villa Resorts on their website.

disneyfreak0710

News on Early Entry (and Extended Evening Hours) -

"Just in time for the start of this magical celebration, on Oct. 1, we will be rolling out a new early theme park entry benefit for Disney Resort hotel guests and guests of other select hotels, giving them the first chance to enjoy select attractions at EVERY theme park, EVERY day. These guests will also be among the first each day to see the dazzling decorations and EARidescent excitement. Guests will need a valid ticket or pass and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same date for early theme park entry.

In addition, with the kickoff of the 50th anniversary, guests staying at one of our Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort hotels will also be able to enjoy extended evening hours on select nights in select theme parks. Extended evening hours will begin in early October with specific dates and parks to be shared at a later time, so please be sure to check back on DisneyWorld.com for the latest.

Please note that guests will need a valid ticket or pass and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours. Or, guests may visit with a ticket or Annual Pass with the Park Hopper option as long as they entered their first park where they made their reservation earlier in the day.

For both of these options, select attractions, merchandise and food and beverage locations will be available. Be sure to also bring your MagicBand, Disney MagicMobile pass or Key to the World card linked to your stay, or another form of Resort ID."

Wow. Well there's a huge slap in the face to their guests.

Trauma

They need to have some bonus for DVC members they still have plenty of points to sell and building more.

Splashin' Ryan

There's no way I would pay hundreds of dollars more for deluxe just to get late extra hours unless it was an extra 2+ hours.
Anything less and the daytime crowds would still be lingering around.

I guess I'm glad it's not truly a paid event but you're surely paying for it with your room.
Would it really be that hard to just keep the parks open longer for all resort guests? -once staffing is back to normal-

dreday3

Well, it's a variation on Extra Magic Hours with an incentive to stay at a Disney Resort. If you think that now, you must have thought the same about EMH. I'm staying off-site during that time but I get it.

It was never just for deluxe resort guests, it was all resort guests.

I'm sure if I was staying deluxe I'd be thrilled. We are staying at Gran Destino so I'm mildly annoyed. A bit more than mildly I guess. And it makes me kind of nauseous to see what happens with fast pass...

The only park I'm really upset about not being able to stay late in is Animal Kingdom. :(

iowamomof4

I'm so disappointed they won't be starting Early Entry until October. I wasn't expecting it, but I guess I was hoping it might be going by the time we visit in early August. I'm really scared about our trip now. Without fastpasses and in the heat of August, it's beginning to sound more miserable all the time (reports of crowds, LONG lines, etc...).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm so disappointed they won't be starting Early Entry until October. I wasn't expecting it, but I guess I was hoping it might be going by the time we visit in early August. I'm really scared about our trip now. Without fastpasses and in the heat of August, it's beginning to sound more miserable all the time (reports of crowds, LONG lines, etc...).

There were long lines in March. Not intolerably long lines, but not far from it in some cases.

seascape

I wish they were starting in September when we will be there for our anniversary. However I will enjoy them in November, January and April before getting September 2022. DVC membership and Deluxe Villas are definitely worth owning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom