Be Our Guest prices… Holy Batman!

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Hi there…l am just curious if I can go into BOG and order just desserts?
I have a lunch booked for my family of 4, but do not want to spend $300 on lunch.

Thanks for your help with this.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Unfortunately its not longer a quick service location for lunch and the price and menu are prix fixe.
So even if you just want dessert you're paying the same price as if you had the full meal.
Honestly the desserts don't seem nearly as appealing as they once were.
Personally I likely will not return to Be Our Guest with this new experience. That's after having gone 12 times between 2012 and 2019 for lunch and enjoying it every time!

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Unfortunately its not longer a quick service location for lunch and the price and menu are prix fixe.
So even if you just want dessert you're paying the same price as if you had the full meal.
Honestly the desserts don't seem nearly as appealing as they once were.
Personally I likely will not return to Be Our Guest with this new experience. That's after having gone 12 times between 2012 and 2019 for lunch and enjoying it every time!
Thanks for the insight. I appreciate it. I will be telling my 7 year old that we won’t be going bc the prices are outrageous. I just can’t justify it. No biggie. She’ll get over it. 😆

JIMINYCR

We used to go to Be Our Guest every trip. No longer. Nice but not nearly worth the price. We have skipped it the last two trips.
Same here. On our May trip we left BOG off our desired dining list for the first time since it opened. It was always one of the first ADRs we targeted. DS was disappointed when I told him which restaurants I was arranging for our trip and BOG wasnt there. We had IMHO a better meal at Chefs de France.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
We used to go to Be Our Guest every trip. No longer. Nice but not nearly worth the price. We have skipped it the last two trips.
It was our traditional first day lunch stop. Always psyched when we would land that.

It seemed too good to be true and it was.

It's the appetizers and tip included in DDP
It's LeCellier
It's Be Our Guest QS lunch

Disney giveth Disney Taketh Away! ;)

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Same here. On our May trip we left BOG off our desired dining list for the first time since it opened. It was always one of the first ADRs we targeted. DS was disappointed when I told him which restaurants I was arranging for our trip and BOG wasnt there. We had IMHO a better meal at Chefs de France.
Yes, I’m afraid my daughter will be sad too, but I hope explaining why we won’t be going she’ll be a little more understanding. I don’t think in the “thick” of our trip it will bother her though. Crossing my fingers.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
It was our traditional first day lunch stop. Always psyched when we would land that.

It seemed too good to be true and it was.

It's the appetizers and tip included in DDP
It's LeCellier
It's Be Our Guest QS lunch

Disney giveth Disney Taketh Away! ;)
I guess I’ll be changing my reservations then…. Any other ideas for MK lunch that’s more reasonable than BOG prices?

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I guess I’ll be changing my reservations then…. Any other ideas for MK lunch that’s more reasonable than BOG prices?
If you're talking in the MK at this exact moment, We had a great meal at Crystal Palace, which is all you care to eat, definitely cheaper than BOG and has a great view. Honestly it was one of the best meals we had on our trip in May. I don't know how long it's going to stay having this menu and not go back to a buffet.

There is also Skipper's Canteen where you wouldn't be locked into a "All you care to eat" or a "prix fixe."
I always enjoyed myself there, but it's been a hot minute since we've dined there.

Hi there…l am just curious if I can go into BOG and order just desserts?
I have a lunch booked for my family of 4, but do not want to spend $300 on lunch.

Thanks for your help with this.
Yep. You order what you choose. No one will say anything, as there is not a minimum spending amount attached to the reservation. Everyone else will be spending more than enough.

KrzyKtty

Do they still have the Beast interaction? Last time we went to BOG was 2017 for the lunch. So we never went to the dinner, and my daughter never got to meet the Beast. I get that their food isn't really worth the price, but sometimes you pay for the experience regardless. So if you still get to at least meet him, I might still get a reservation for our trip next year.

slipperalwaysfits

Do they still have the Beast interaction? Last time we went to BOG was 2017 for the lunch. So we never went to the dinner, and my daughter never got to meet the Beast. I get that their food isn't really worth the price, but sometimes you pay for the experience regardless. So if you still get to at least meet him, I might still get a reservation for our trip next year.
As of now, the Beast makes an appearance but there are no photos with him yet as there aren't Character meet and greets back yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom