Where to dine on Animal Kingdom day?

bsmartin2000

Original Poster
Looking for suggestions on where to eat on our AK day. It does not have to be at the park. I will be with my mother and I expect to go back to resort for a rest before dinner. We are hoping to do boatwrights - Grand Floridian Cafe - Topolinos- and Chefs de France . Any other must do? Thanks for ideas!

nickys

Premium Member
Or take a break at AKL instead. Sanaa would be nice (especially if you can get a table at the windows) and you could check out both Kidani and Jambo. Take a rest on one of the outlooks watching the animals. When Boma opens, that would be another option, although you can’t see the Savannah’s from there.

JIMINYCR

If you are looking for something less than TS then go with Flame Tree BBQ. They have a good variety and decent sized portions to fill you up prior to having a TS meal. Yak & Yeti is great for a TS in AK for another time.
DS and I also had a foot long chili hot dog at Restaurantosaurus since Caseys was closed at MK.

MrsDoubie

The beef sliders at Nomad Lounge are awesome. Satu’li canteen is yummy. Yak and yeti TS is delicious if you can get a reservation. Sanaa at Kidani village is amazing and so is the view. If you’re looking for a quick snack instead of a full meal the chicken dumplings and season fries at Mr Kamals are really yummy too.

ArmoredRodent

Depends on what you mean by "must do's". These days, we make up a list to choose from while we're at a particular place in the park, depending on circumstances of the day. Here are some of our choices in AK for places with particular dishes that have been highly-rated in the various food blogs and reports; YMMV. Listing good (not merely popular) dishes minimizes the chances of choosing an underwhelming food and overlooking a good one in a particular venue. Note: these are based on others' reports since we haven't visited recently; those marked with an asterisk* have been specially noted on some blogs. Also, we don't do as many table service restaurants as we used to (we generally go out of parks for good table service); counter service has improved dramatically in recent years (probably from the influence of many food festival kiosks). PLUS, everything's changing, so this list will be updated as our travels draw nigh.

Breakfast:
*Creature Comforts, Discovery Island counter: interesting breakfast sandwiches, Colossal Mickey Cinnamon Bun, Teavana teas
*Isle of Java, Discovery Island before Asia, counter: Tiger Tail Chocolate Twist, and Raspberry Streusel Muffin, Macaw special non-alcoholic drink
Kusafiri Coffee and Bakery, Africa near safaris: pastries including Colossal Mickey Cinnamon bun, Elephant ears, Pistachio Honey Croissant, and quiche
*Sa’Tulli Canteen, Pandora, counter: used to have interesting breakfast; check after full opening
*Tusker House, Africa: fixed price table, character breakfast, combination of American and African breakfast foods.
Yak & Yeti Local Foods Cafe, Asia, by Everest, counter: breakfast bowls and fruit salad.

Lunch/Dinner/Snacks:
*Flame Tree Barbeque, Discovery Island, counter (best BBQ in WDW): Ribs, Chicken, Pulled Pork platters, onion rings, *Loggerhead turtle non-alcoholic drink (basically Sprite with additions)
*Harambe Market, near Wildlife train, counter: Harambe Greek salad, ribs & chicken bowl,
*Yak & Yeti Restaurant, Asia, table: Fixed price meal with selections, lots of other dishes
*Sa’tulli Canteen, Pandora, counter: bowls and buns, including *cheeseburger Bao buns (highly-rated)
Dino Diner, Dinoland, counter: Fritos Pie, chili dogs
*Nomad Lounge, Discovery Island, counter: bowls, soup, bread service, tacos on the kids menu
Royal Anandapur Tea Company, Asia, counter: int’l selection of teas
The Smiling Crocodile, Discovery Island, counter: tamales, tacos

crawale

Satu’li Canteen for a counter service is
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️ I’d choose eating here over all other restaurants in AK.
Absolutely agree. However we ate at the Yak and the Yeti restaurant and it was great. The food truck of the same name is pretty disgusting though.

Nottamus

Table service:
Yak and yeti is always a go to for us
Sanaa: AKL. Bread service
Boma- sad face…not Open yet
Tiffins: ive heard is was good, but the pics of plates there look small portioned. Maybe someone could clear that up

quick service:
Su’tulli Canteen- good stuff
Flametree- more of that good stuff that will fill you up

Hockey89

Table service:
Yak and yeti is always a go to for us
Sanaa: AKL. Bread service
Boma- sad face…not Open yet
Tiffins: ive heard is was good, but the pics of plates there look small portioned. Maybe someone could clear that up

quick service:
Su’tulli Canteen- good stuff
Flametree- more of that good stuff that will fill you up
I didn't think the portions for the entrees were small. At least for us, we don't want a 24 oz steak for dinner...

aliceismad

Animal Kingdom has better food options than any other park, other than Epcot. Tiffins, Yak and Yeti, Satu'li Canteen, and Flame Tree are all good, depending on what time you want your meal and what your tastes are. Personally I would avoid Rainforest Cafe and Pizzafari. The option of taking a break at AKL is also good if those restaurants are open. Boma, Jiko, and Sanaa are all good.

Nottamus

I didn't think the portions for the entrees were small. At least for us, we don't want a 24 oz steak for dinner...
Thanks! We are the same way! No need to eat HUGE, just the pics On outdoor menu there looked a little ….I don’t know….Tiny

thanks for feedback…..back on the list it’ll go!

Hockey89

Thanks! We are the same way! No need to eat HUGE, just the pics On outdoor menu there looked a little ….I don’t know….Tiny

thanks for feedback…..back on the list it’ll go!
I think some of the apps are smaller but we usually share two with an entree. No desert and we were happy. Food is really good

armyfamilyof5

Looking for suggestions on where to eat on our AK day. It does not have to be at the park. I will be with my mother and I expect to go back to resort for a rest before dinner. We are hoping to do boatwrights - Grand Floridian Cafe - Topolinos- and Chefs de France . Any other must do? Thanks for ideas!
Yak n Yeti is my favorite at AK, table service is great and they have QS next door, get the won tons for dessert, fabulous!

tpoly88

Animal Kingdom has better food options than any other park, other than Epcot. Tiffins, Yak and Yeti, Satu'li Canteen, and Flame Tree are all good, depending on what time you want your meal and what your tastes are. Personally I would avoid Rainforest Cafe and Pizzafari. The option of taking a break at AKL is also good if those restaurants are open. Boma, Jiko, and Sanaa are all good.
my wife and i always stop in at the bar at tiffins to cool off and a quick bite. Jiko is one of my favorite places in Disney especially as before covid they brought back the wine tasting they serve for dinner with an all South African list. food is great too, as mention by aliceismad, all the food in the animal kingdom lodge is really good. they have the best club level food too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom