Waited for bus in rain for 45 min before reaching covered area…

Lilofan

This is unacceptable. And for all the fun you will have, this will also stay as a memory of this trip to your family.
For all the improvements they (are trying) to do at EPCOT, I would think COVERED BUS STOPS should be moved to the top of the list!
It is noticeable whatever improvement occur After you enter the park thru the Main Entrance. Be safe than sorry - carry a poncho during the frequent hot and rainy summer.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The exit from Epcot tonight to Pop Century had us waiting in the rain for 45 minutes without any cover (total of an hour waiting in line).

I hope they come up with a better plan to get Pop people out when the Skyliner is down.

I had family that I was trying to show WDW off to and needless to say, the night didn’t end well.

Is this what normally happens on Skyliner-less nights?
Be sure to ask for your "no Skyliner discount" when you check out.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The exit from Epcot tonight to Pop Century had us waiting in the rain for 45 minutes without any cover (total of an hour waiting in line).

I hope they come up with a better plan to get Pop people out when the Skyliner is down.

I had family that I was trying to show WDW off to and needless to say, the night didn’t end well.

It's Florida, in the summer. Hint: bring ponchos.

Raxel7851

I could be mistaken but I don’t think there’s much of a covered area at the Epcot Skyliner station. Especially at closing time the line is in the elements.

Disstevefan1

It is noticeable whatever improvement occur After you enter the park thru the Main Entrance. Be safe than sorry - carry a poncho during the frequent hot and rainy summer.
Castmember: "Folks are getting caught in the rain, waiting 45 minutes, at the uncovered bus stops at EPCOT"
Bob Chapek: "We need to do something about that. Lets put a merch cart next to the bus stops that sells ponchos"

Lilofan

Castmember: "Folks are getting caught in the rain, waiting 45 minutes, at the uncovered bus stops at EPCOT"
Bob Chapek: "We need to do something about that. Lets put a merch cart next to the bus stops that sells ponchos"
Don't even need to do that. That cart costs money to build. Send a CM with a portable wheel cart to sell ponchos.

G00fyDad

Welcome to WDW transportation. I will add this to my growing list of reasons to rent a car.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Welcome to WDW transportation. I will add this to my growing list of reasons to rent a car.

Hard to justify the price especially right now. Plus you have resort parking fees.
If you were driving your own car I'd say sure not a problem.
Otherwise at this point I'll use Disney transportation knowing exactly what I'min for or I'll use uber/lyft.

G00fyDad

Hard to justify the price especially right now. Plus you have resort parking fees.
If you were driving your own car I'd say sure not a problem.
Otherwise at this point I'll use Disney transportation knowing exactly what I'min for or I'll use uber/lyft.
I get it. I don't disparage anybody for using Disney transportation. It is absolutely wonderful for some people. I happen to be the type of person who cannot stand waiting for something that I know that I could simply do myself a lot faster. I have friends that go to Disney World quite often and they never rent a car. They have a wonderful time. That's just not me. I have had some absolutely mind-numbingly horrifying experiences with Disney transportation. But again, that's just me. I would gladly pay the car rental fee plus resort parking fee (the park parking is free because I will be staying at a Disney resort) if it means I did not have to put up with these nightmare experiences.

The two worst experiences I've had with Disney transportation have both been out of my control to do anything about regardless of renting a car.

Once, we had to take the bus from the parking lot to the Hoop-Dee-Doo Review building. That driver had the AC set on -100°. Everybody on the bus was freezing to death. It wasn't just a little uncomfortable. It was downright excruciating. Everyone on the bus was wearing summer clothing and that bus could have snowed inside of it it was so cold. Others have recently told me that the bus drivers have no control over the AC system in their buses. I find that insane but regardless it was absolutely painful to ride in the bus. During the entire performance we were dreading having to ride the bus back to our car. Every time we've ever gone to Hoop-Dee-Doo after that we park at Magic Kingdom and we take a boat over.

Second, we once again had no control over this type of transportation but we had to wait on the ferry to get back to the TTC. We left Magic Kingdom when the park closed (so that's on us really). We got to the docks waiting on the ferry and I think we had to wait on four ferries to come and go before we ever finally got on one. As we're walking to the ferry someone in an ECV behind me hit me from behind and kept going knocking me to the ground and running over my leg and cutting me. He didn't even say sorry or look concerned. It was everything I could do to not beat the brakes off of him. My wife spent the entire boat ride taking tissues and trying to help me clean my leg. We got back to the resort and I was able to use the first aid kit we take with us to bandage my leg.

I think it's safe to say I'm pretty soured on Disney transportation at this point.

JIMINYCR

When we went in May the social distancing was still going on. DS and I were in line for MMRRR. The line slalomed up and down and around forever it seemed. There were some umbrellas situated at points for shade but the majority of the line area was uncovered. Well we had a massive downpour that lasted forever and everyone tried to congregate under the umbrellas. The CM's were yelling at everyone to move out from under the cover and get back in line or move up in line to spots uncovered. We and everyone else got soaked to the bone. So you just have to suck it up and realize the rains going to get you. It took 4 days for my shoes to dry out.

Last edited:

KTK

That stinks. I would talk to the front desk at your hotel and let them know (calmly) what you went through. We were in Epcot a few years ago and we needed to take the monorail back to the Poly. The monorail had been down earlier and I asked cast members in World Showcase if the monorail was up and running again and was told it was. So we walked all the way up front to find out it was still down and we waited for a bus for close to an hour. I spoke with the front desk cast member and told her what happened. She gave us an extra fast pass for each day of the rest of our trip (excluding the biggest e-tickets of course). What I have learned about Disney over the years is if you have a negative experience that is totally out of your control, if you explain things calmly and rationally, they will try to make it right in some way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom