Waited for bus in rain for 45 min before reaching covered area…

coachb

Original Poster
The exit from Epcot tonight to Pop Century had us waiting in the rain for 45 minutes without any cover (total of an hour waiting in line).

I hope they come up with a better plan to get Pop people out when the Skyliner is down.

I had family that I was trying to show WDW off to and needless to say, the night didn’t end well.

Is this what normally happens on Skyliner-less nights?

StaceyH_SD

The exit from Epcot tonight to Pop Century had us waiting in the rain for 45 minutes without any cover (total of an hour waiting in line).

I hope they come up with a better plan to get Pop people out when the Skyliner is down.

I had family that I was trying to show WDW off to and needless to say, the night didn’t end well.

I don’t know if it started raining while you were in line but when the weather is bad you can always catch the AoA bus to get back to POP if necessary.

TrainsOfDisney

Hopefully a bus stop next to the skyliner station is coming soon. Probably takes quite a bit of planning and really should have been done while they were constructing the skyliner station.

For anyone planning that ends up in this situation - get a cab or Uber from boardwalk. It will be super cheap as it’s just around the corner.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

1624596056661.png

ELLA, ELLA

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hopefully a bus stop next to the skyliner station is coming soon. Probably takes quite a bit of planning and really should have been done while they were constructing the skyliner station.

For anyone planning that ends up in this situation - get a cab or Uber from boardwalk. It will be super cheap as it’s just around the corner.
Lack of inclement weather downtime cover was part of the skyliner approval.

cookiee_munster

Urgh, i'm sorry that happened to you. When it rains it pours in Florida. I'll never get over the first time me and my family experienced Floridian rain for the first time. It's just so BIG!!!

Hopefully if there is to be some kind of bus stop service there than some kind of shelter will hopefully be built. Hopefully...

castlecake2.0

Please take a moment to email guest.services@disneyworld.com
I’ve had this happen as well and sent them an email about it. I know they cannot control the weather, but the “walk to the boardwalk or walk to the front of the park” option really isn’t a great solution.

Options they can consider:
>Send out a notification in MDX to use alternate transport so you don’t have to walk all the way to International Gateway to find it closed
>have the bus pick up at the backstage gate by the skyliner behind IG and use perimeter road to bridge behind america to exit to Buena Vista dr and then follow skyliner route

this last week has been bad for evening thunderstorms which is not great for mass park exit time. Hopefully we move into the more typical 3pm shower when demand isn’t as high for this. BUT they need to make an adjustment because the current down time procedure IS NOT working. Please email them about your experience, if people don’t speak up they won’t change anything.

Michaelson

Rain and thunderstorms in Orlando during the summer and early fall are a given; especially during hurricane season. We've been caught in a similar situation but now keep close tabs on our mobile devices when it appears rain is imminent (didn't have that option before weather apps). When it looks like rain is moving in; we seek an area in the park where we can lay low until the rain/storm passes. That is usually at an area farthest from the main gate; because the stampede to get out of the park during a downpour can be overwhelming and hazardous. We also avoid rides that may be shut down during electrical surges. It's a good time to catch our breath and enjoy a light snack.
Couldn't agree more. We do the same thing when visiting Universal. A couple years ago we saw a line of storms moving toward the park on our weather app and settled down in Diagon Alley in a covered area. We saw folks laughing at where we were sitting, until the storm hit....then the scrambling began to get under cover. We were snug, out of the rain, enjoying a snack, and watching people running around.

Apps are available. Use them to your best advantage.

Of course it doesn't help if your stuck in a line, but that's just a 'side note'.

Regards! Michaelson

crawale

There have always been issues with the Epcot bus stops. Inadequate and leaking coverage from the stands. Other parks have a much better exit strategy.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
So basically we're back to pre pandemic experiences?
Its always been my family's rule of thumb that if you can't swiftly weave through the crowds at closing then duck into a gift shop for 15 minutes and then don't break your legs on the way to the bus and you'll find one waiting for you to hop right on.

aliceismad

Rain and thunderstorms in Orlando during the summer and early fall are a given; especially during hurricane season.
While I agree that storms are a common occurrence, it is very unfortunate that Disney chose to not include a covered area for those who would be waiting for busses in such inclement weather when the Skyliner is closed. I think most of us would assume proper coverage for bus stops.

Disstevefan1

This is unacceptable. And for all the fun you will have, this will also stay as a memory of this trip to your family.
For all the improvements they (are trying) to do at EPCOT, I would think COVERED BUS STOPS should be moved to the top of the list!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom