What villain is pure evil?

Heppenheimer

Either Mufasa is a bully or their parents would be blamed yet again (probably ignored Scar and fawned on Mufasa). That's pretty much Disney's go-to, especially if they kill the parents early on. Any way that they could blame it on Rafiki? Maybe he gave Scar bad info? You can't trust a baboon.
Scar needs no backstory. He's the unlucky second son in a monarchical system of male primogeniture. From the day he was born, he was an after-thought. Mufasa need not do anything wrong and Scar would still have been resentful. And unlike in a human monarchy, where the second son could be a high-ranking bishop, general or diplomat, what role is there for a beta male lion, other than to skulk and become jealous?

Yes, sometimes I have fun evaluating Disney royalty by real-world rather than fairy tale standards... I've come to the conclusion that Elsa in Frozen is Disney's worst monarch, although she does much better in the sequel.

Robbiem

Judge doom was pretty evil. As well as Eddie V’s brother & Marvin Acme he killed the poor shoe toon with dip as well as trying to comit toon genocide and destroying his carbon footprint by planning to destroy toontown to build a freeway and closing the red car

if we can include Star Wars then Palpatine is the ultimate villain but the lego version almost redeems him 😀✌️

Skibum1970

Scar needs no backstory. He's the unlucky second son in a monarchical system of male primogeniture. From the day he was born, he was an after-thought. Mufasa need not do anything wrong and Scar would still have been resentful. And unlike in a human monarchy, where the second son could be a high-ranking bishop, general or diplomat, what role is there for a beta male lion, other than to skulk and become jealous?

Yes, sometimes I have fun evaluating Disney royalty by real-world rather than fairy tale standards... I've come to the conclusion that Elsa in Frozen is Disney's worst monarch, although she does much better in the sequel.

Hasn't she, by default, abdicated the throne anyway? I'm not sure that she did anything of note (we aren't told much about her reign) and then retired to Northuldra. So, yeah, she wasn't all that effective from surface appearances.

My favorite villains are those that are seemingly polite and yet do horrible things.

Heppenheimer

Hasn't she, by default, abdicated the throne anyway? I'm not sure that she did anything of note (we aren't told much about her reign) and then retired to Northuldra. So, yeah, she wasn't all that effective from surface appearances.

My favorite villains are those that are seemingly polite and yet do horrible things.
In the first film, Elsa informally abdicates... just sort of takes off without appointing a regent or successor, or even giving any instructions to her ministers. And all while her realm is suffering from a crisis that she largely caused.

Oddly enough, the supposed villain of the movie, Hans, is the only character who really shows any interest in trying to effectively govern Arandale. However, he lacks legitimacy, which brings its own set of problems.

I don't remember all the details of Frozen II, but I seem to recall her being much more proactive this time.

Last edited:

Monkee Girl

Such a hard choice! I find the ones who are the most despicable being the more human ones who CAN do something to be a good person but choose not to. The magic/royal ones live with a completely different understanding of the world; a different set of rules. They are evil because they can be and it's fun for them. For me, the ones who are supposed to protect you but stab you in the back are the worst. I think that's why I choose Lady Tremaine as the most evil. She didn't have to be that way towards Cinderella. She would have gotten all her children married to well-to-do men if she had played her cards better. But instead, she abused her step daughter. caused possible psychological harm, degraded her. I still think the scene where Anastasia and Drizella rip her dress before the ball is one of the most heart breaking and evil things to do. It was simply for Lady Tremaine to prove a point. and then the locking her in the attack and smashing the slipper just so she wouldn't win the prince was the ultimate treachery. the only sad part about Cinderella was you didn't get to see any comeuppance for her at the end (I have no time for the sequels, haha).

I will say I do NOT count Hans as a villain, lol. I hated that whole plot twist and it ruined Frozen for me. Completely ruined it. That man was the hardest working guy in the Kingdom when both girls selfishly split for their little sibling discovery quest.

Dinsider

With the purchase of FOX, this means Rasputin is now officially a Disney villain. He definitely tops the list when it comes to being pure evil. Placing a curse on and nearly destroying an entire family. He also has one of the best villain songs ever with "In The Dark Of The Night". He deserves a mention for sure.
62421.jpg

Dinsider

The original Shere Khan (voiced by the wonderful George Sanders) was urbane and evil at the same time, which makes for a great villain.
Great vocal casting, but I thought he was a poor excuse for a villain, especially compared to the more fleshed-out version from the remake.
The original Shere Khan we don't even see until the last ten minutes of the movie or so. He gets fooled by a python who has his hunting target hidden in a tree literally feet above his head. When he finally confronts his target in an attempt to kill him, he's bested by some buzzards and a tree branch just a few moments after. All talk, no muscle, imo.

Compare that to the remake version who takes out the leader of the wolves, nearly kills off Bagheera twice, successfully fights off an entire pack including a bear, and forces the main hero to leave himself dangling over an inferno in order to win. Much greater threat. Again, imo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom