LUCA presence at the parks

cranbiz

I would say nothing short of a topless beach. Even then it would depend on the clientele.
Be careful what you wish for. What is seen cannot be unseen.

I had a MK run to Pop at close, after the fireworks. I had a rather large woman guest in a tube top try to push her way onto my full bus. What happened during that scarred some children for life and I still shudder at the though of it.

aliceismad

Graphics don't look like anything previously from Pixar or Disney. Reminds me more of and animated Wallace and Grommit.
The animation style of new Mickey doesn't look like anything previously Disney either. I'm not the biggest fan of either style, but I appreciate that Disney and Pixar explore a range of aesthetic styles. It's a cute movie. Definitely more akin to the Cars sequels.

Last edited:

DoleWhipDrea

I really enjoyed Luca and was thrilled to see a unique look for the animation. It gave everything more personality IMHO.

Would love to see a Luca attraction in the Italy Pavilion, and if I'm not mistaken, there should be room for expansion as there was originally supposed to be an attraction built there.

As far as I've seen Disney is just selling merchandise for the film at the parks. With M&G still not happening in their original form, Disney is probably hesitant to debut a new character in the parks right now.

As for "not being a tentpole film," I have actually given this a lot of thought regarding the releases on Disney+, and IMHO releasing the animated "for kids" films to the streaming service is tremendously strategic. Kids are never great at paying attention and behaving for long in a movie theater, so combining that with the pandemic when children can't get vaccinated, more children would be likely to see the film with their family at home than in a movie theater. Besides streaming numbers and customers subscribing or maintaining their Disney+ accounts, what's really going to determine the film's popularity is with merchandise sales. So it's not necessarily that Disney doesn't think the film is good, but that their target demographic just isn't as likely to be going to a movie theater.

Animaniac93-98

I’d welcome some IP at GF if that meant an update. That hotel is in dire need.

I mean nearly everything has needed an update but I for one haven't really liked the direction Disney is going with their "Deluxe" accommodations either...the heavy-handed IP is cheapening the hotels, IMHO.

I would expect any update to the rooms at GF to be similar to what they're doing to the Disneyland Hotel in Paris with its Princess theme.

Frankenstein79

I heard that the main character's name is Luca and they live on the second floor. He lives upstairs from you.

Yes I think you've seen him before
If you hear something late at night
Some kind of trouble, some kind of fight
Just don't ask him what it wassss
Just don't ask him what it wassss
.... Just don't ask him what it was

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom