News Disney KiteTails coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom October 1

trainplane3

Okay, that makes sense. I wasn't sure what part of the kites wasn't working, so if it was the lights then that obviously wouldn't be a problem during the day. Thanks!
As far as it looked it was all electronics related. I wouldn't know any more. The first performance had one kite turned off (the 5 group). Following performances would change the number depending on what was working. The Golden Dream segment should've had 5 kites each but it'd change down to 4 or 3 depending. Even then, not all of them worked.

I still loved the kites for EF but understand why they wouldn't want them back. Along with the Harm barges there too.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I think this is a very cheap way to say they are giving us something. Kites aren’t gonna be much of a mow factor. For whatever reason they can’t seem to figure out how to put a good show in that theater. It needs to be at night as well

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I think this is a very cheap way to say they are giving us something. Kites aren’t gonna be much of a mow factor. For whatever reason they can’t seem to figure out how to put a good show in that theater. It needs to be at night as well
Didn't you hear? AK is no longer open at night except special events.

techgeek

If It’s a quick pop-up show this could be really nice. People gather in the sun to watch the acrobats in Africa everyday (or they did....) even in the heat.

For RoL, it would absolutely take every bit of 30 minutes for them to just load the crowd into the theater. Granted that was on the FP side, eliminating that and opening up some access could help a lot, but still not nearly as fast a process as stumbling across some street entertainment.

castlecake2.0

From the art, we have some land based kites, and then a couple of jet skies for the water based kites. I am really struggling to see how this can be an entire show that is going to be worthy of loading thousands of people into the theater to see.

I think this would have been better as a moment that takes place on the water without making it into an actual show.

Guess we will see, but I'm very skeptical if this is going to be a worthy addition.
I don’t think it’s going to be marketed as a daytime spectacular extravaganza with dessert party with you being loaded in like fantasmic or the likes. This is more like the other entertainment acts they have around the park, but instead of clogging up the whole land like the band in Africa this one has a seating area.

TrainsOfDisney

For RoL, it would absolutely take every bit of 30 minutes for them to just load the crowd into the theater. Granted that was on the FP side, eliminating that and opening up some access could help a lot, but still not nearly as fast a process as stumbling across some street entertainment.
This isn’t a night time spectacular though.

I’m imagining it being like the daytime shows at DCA. They use the same area as world of color - but you just wander in and out as you please. You don’t line up and wait 30 minutes just because it’s at the world of color amphitheater.

deix15x8

Do we know the scale of this? The night shows required the full setup to handle crowds with 2 shows a night. If this is a smaller show that has lower costs it could be run 4 times and decrease the amount of prep and work involved in crowd management. Festival of the Lion King is run about 6 times a day with a lower capacity so there is no reason this show has to be limited like a night show which only has so much time to be run between sunset and closing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom