Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

jt04

It’s fairly evident that, throughout the company’s history, many of the key players also care about their legacy and what kind of mark they can make on the parks. I believe that was part of the intention with this Epcot overhaul. Why they’ve been more focussed on changing the landscaping than they are adding attractions. They want to change the look and feel of the park because they want it to be “their park”.

The company will focus on protecting their bottom line...so long as it doesn’t come at the cost of maintaining their legacy.

This argument is a stretch. IMO.

J4546

i got bored and put the mountain climbing, river rapids, and soaring rides from shanghai disneyland into epcot. All would be located 1 area just like shanghai. soaring would be connected to seas pavilion and would showcase new underwater soarin style ride, taking you on journey across planet to different oceans and sea life both over and underwater. the river rapids and camp discovery areas would be accessed by walkways between land and seas pavilion. I was really lazy on walkways towards attractions but use your imagination on how it could be a lush, tropical, multiple pathways separation between land/seas pavilion area and an area with 2 amazing new rides. ooops wrong thread but im keeping it

Attachments

• epcotsh2.jpg
    epcotsh2.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 111

Amused to Death

The Communicore buildings were mostly money pits for most of their history.

if Disney only cares about the bottom line, as we are repeatedly informed on these boards, then the only possible explanation for the removal of one of the structures [CommuniCore West] and the expense associated with its removal, is that it was a cost liability.

Cost liability? No. But, lost revenue per square foot? Probably. I'm guessing Disney's thinking was that a bar on stilts (aka Festival Center) was going to generate more income than the mostly abandoned CommuniCore West building. With the Festival Center on hold or canceled, though, the only "money pit" I see, both figuratively and literally, is the one they created by demolishing CommuniCore West. 😆

jt04

The sheer number of changes over the history of the spaces with none catching on as "classic" or "must do" experiences. Every change has a cost even if sponsored.

You, more than anyone posting here, must have quite a list of all of the concepts that never captured the imaginations of guests. Some didn't even make it past the first year. So many failures followed.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The sheer number of changes over the history of the spaces with none catching on as "classic" or "must do" experiences. Every change has a cost even if sponsored.

You, more than anyone posting here, must have quite a list of all of the concepts that never captured the imaginations of guests. Some didn't even make it past the first year. So many failures followed.
No proof then. Got it.

jt04

Cost liability? No. But, lost revenue per square foot? Probably. I'm guessing Disney's thinking was that a bar on stilts (aka Festival Center) was going to generate more income than the mostly abandoned CommuniCore West building. With the Festival Center on hold or canceled, though, the only "money pit" I see, both figuratively and literally, is the one they created by demolishing CommuniCore West. 😆

Time will tell. I could make it work and I can't hold a candle to the capabilities within Imagineering.

BTW, the event center on stilts further enforces my belief they had to have more open walkways to expand Epcot (new attractions etc.) But just my opinion.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Time will tell. I could make it work and I can't hold a candle to the capabilities within Imagineering.

BTW, the event center on stilts further enforces my belief they had to have more open walkways to expand Epcot (new attractions etc.) But just my opinion.

1624368563501.gif

jt04

No proof then. Got it.

Most recognize the "proof" since it is what happened. Remember, we are told hourly that Disney only cares about the bottom line. What else could explain the expense for removing the structure? Adding a water feature after adding so many mega lands to cement a legacy is what demands proof.

I'm sure the financial "books" would be proof Communicore never resonated and lost money for the company but I doubt you even have that access. 😉

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Most recognize the "proof" since it is what happened. Remember, we are told hourly that Disney only cares about the bottom line. What else could explain the expense for removing the structure? Adding a water feature after adding so many mega lands to cement a legacy is what demands proof.

I'm sure the financial "books" would be proof Communicore never resonated and lost money for the company but I doubt you even have that access. 😉
Exactly. None. As much as you like to make things up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom